Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium [1.5.2 Update][Sep. 4]

Post by Marrub »

assassingao wrote:A bug report, I think. After I respawn, I can't fire anything as a cyber-mage in a network game. It shows this spell thing instead. I can swap weapons, but none of them will fire.

Edit: I can fire weapons and spells once I hold the quick-spell button, but if I don't hold that key then I can't fire.
I fixed this, it'll be in the next version. Thanks for reporting that.
potetobloke wrote:
Marrub wrote:Because the plot is time-critical. But I didn't think anyone would actually hit 17 hours of gameplay on one map set, guess I was wrong, hahahha.
I think the time limit should be an option instead, enabled by default.
Good idea, I'll do that.
potitobloke wrote:ACS Source when, I kinda wanna borrow the magical rain spawner that can spawn in outdoor areas

(And also curious about how you pulled off the charge fist's ACS magic)
The source is in the git repository under the "source" directory.
twinkieman93 wrote:
Spoiler: Talking about phantoms.
Spoiler: a whole bunch of spoilers since I probably won't have anywhere to write them
Exosphere

Post by Exosphere »

Hey there,

Been using this while going through a map pack and I love it. The visual style you use is really cool and the gameplay is fun, Awesome work. :D

However, I might have found a pretty major gameplay bug: you can't purchase the revolver. It deducts the the credits from your account, but the weapon isnt given to you. Instead, I get a console message saying:

ACS: Lith_Mancubus is not an inventory item.

I'm not sure if this might be something on my end or not, but I thought I should bring it to your attention. Its still a cool mod you have made.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Status update, progress on 1.6 resumed after a month or so hiatus. This was mainly caused by laziness other projects taking priority.
Current plans are to finish the levelling/attributes system, polish the HUDs, and some other more minor features. After that I'll start working on the third player class, Informant, which will be in a separate file, so it'll either be done by 1.6.1 or 1.7. Or probably later because I'm lazy.

Also, new pickup graphics for stuff!
Spoiler: large image
Exosphere wrote:Hey there,

Been using this while going through a map pack and I love it. The visual style you use is really cool and the gameplay is fun, Awesome work. :D
Thank you very much!
Exasphere wrote:However, I might have found a pretty major gameplay bug: you can't purchase the revolver. It deducts the the credits from your account, but the weapon isnt given to you. Instead, I get a console message saying:

ACS: Lith_Mancubus is not an inventory item.

I'm not sure if this might be something on my end or not, but I thought I should bring it to your attention. Its still a cool mod you have made.
I believe that this is an issue with GZDoom's save system corrupting the ACS string table. In other words, I can't really do anything about it in my knowledge. Really sorry.
B1rd

Post by B1rd »

One hell of a mod you've made; the style's pretty neat, the gameplay's damn fun without the difficulty being too bad and the phantoms are really goddamn rad.
Question, though: How did you get DOOM to open up a custom loading ANSI (specifically, the loading.bin file)?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

B1rd wrote:One hell of a mod you've made; the style's pretty neat, the gameplay's damn fun without the difficulty being too bad and the phantoms are really goddamn rad.
Thank you!
B2rd wrote:Question, though: How did you get DOOM to open up a custom loading ANSI (specifically, the loading.bin file)?
I put this in a GAMEINFO file:

Code: Select all

StartupType = "Heretic"
And it does some rather specific stuff to the startup sequence. It's detailed in the wiki page for [wiki]Startup lumps[/wiki].
B1rd

Post by B1rd »

Marrub wrote:I put this in a GAMEINFO file:

Code: Select all

StartupType = "Heretic"
And it does some rather specific stuff to the startup sequence. It's detailed in the wiki page for Startup lumps.
Wow, thanks! Wasn't even aware that those existed.
Tyrantk

Post by Tyrantk »

the game keeps freezing on the newest version of gzdoom
Marrub

Re: Lithium [1.5.3 Update][Nov. 22]

Post by Marrub »

Version 1.5.3 (Indicolite Pegmatite) has been released! Download

I completely lied in my last release, as usual, and I noticed a million cracks in the walls all pointing fingers at the fact that I am yet still awfully lazy haven't made a release in too long and the generally gigantic amount of things in my todo list, so I've fixed a lot of that.
The next update, 1.6, will contain features such as a new guy who likes to stab things.
(This paragraph seems familiar...)

Anyway, my plans for world domination have gone unwritten, because apparently I forgot I can use this thread for things other than releasing and having bugs emitted at me.
THEY ARE AS FOLLOWS
Seven player classes total are planned, but I probably won't get around to all of them. If you're wondering why I want to add so many, it's because I don't want to make a new mod and would rather just shove mod ideas I have into this one. And also because I already wrote stuff for all of them.
I want to add more Phantoms, but I don't really know what they would do besides shoot at you. Or maybe there doesn't need to be anything more than that? Adding more CBI upgrades would drag the game out too long. I want to add new armor and inventory systems, more polish for multiplayer and more polish for the base monsters.
Also, I have a story/mapset planned (and somewhat in development) because I like mapping.

In short, I'm in way over my head, but I'll try because I want to. I would very much appreciate feedback on any issues, suggestions, etc, and I most definitely would appreciate any ideas on these plans.

MATA AŌ

Changes:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Marrub on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Quite the beefy update, I can't wait to play! I'm excited for the story/mapset you mentioned!
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

So there's some really damn terrible framerate issues that seem to spontaneously crop up if you're in a map for long enough. Like, I don't think it's a memory leak, because if it was restarting the game would fix it, but it doesn't. When I load the save file, whammo, my framerate plummets back to unplayable levels. Going to the next level, if I'm even able to, fixes it. It should be noted the lag is not present when you hit escape and bring up the menu, it's only in-game that it does it.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

twinkieman93 wrote:So there's some really damn terrible framerate issues that seem to spontaneously crop up if you're in a map for long enough. Like, I don't think it's a memory leak, because if it was restarting the game would fix it, but it doesn't. When I load the save file, whammo, my framerate plummets back to unplayable levels. Going to the next level, if I'm even able to, fixes it. It should be noted the lag is not present when you hit escape and bring up the menu, it's only in-game that it does it.
Does this not happen in 1.5.2?
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Never had it happen to me in 1.5.2, no. It's new to this update. Slight update to it tho, since I was left defenseless by the crappy framerate, I decided to cheat-nuke all the monsters and just go to the exit. That helped the framerate to a certain degree; I was able to navigate, at the very least, but it was still like playing a slightly fast slideshow. It felt like looking at their corpses wasn't helping the issue, either.

I don't have this issue with any other mod, so it's not just my somewhat subpar laptop that's to blame, for once. I feel like some kinda variables are just going out of control or something, I dunno, it's weird.

But hey, other than that, I'm having a ton of fun with the update. The leveling stuff is really nice, now it feels like a more complete RPG, hehe. Looking forward to the guy who likes to stab things; I, too, like to stab things. :D
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

When encountering some foes with high numbers of total hit points, I've found some that display negative or very low positive values in the HUD. Aside from the display issue, the hit points seem to work correctly. I'm playing the current version (1.5.3) with the DoomRL monster pack plugin, just in case that matters.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

twinkieman93 wrote:Never had it happen to me in 1.5.2, no. It's new to this update. Slight update to it tho, since I was left defenseless by the crappy framerate, I decided to cheat-nuke all the monsters and just go to the exit. That helped the framerate to a certain degree; I was able to navigate, at the very least, but it was still like playing a slightly fast slideshow. It felt like looking at their corpses wasn't helping the issue, either.

I don't have this issue with any other mod, so it's not just my somewhat subpar laptop that's to blame, for once. I feel like some kinda variables are just going out of control or something, I dunno, it's weird.
Damn it all. I might know what it is, will investigate.
twinkieman94 wrote:But hey, other than that, I'm having a ton of fun with the update. The leveling stuff is really nice, now it feels like a more complete RPG, hehe. Looking forward to the guy who likes to stab things; I, too, like to stab things. :D
Thanks!
Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:When encountering some foes with high numbers of total hit points, I've found some that display negative or very low positive values in the HUD. Aside from the display issue, the hit points seem to work correctly. I'm playing the current version (1.5.3) with the DoomRL monster pack plugin, just in case that matters.
That's weird, not sure why that'd be happening.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

While I'm here, I'm assuming Luck affects crit chance or something? It's just labeled as "random chance". I've occasionally seen a little white rail shot fire off when I shoot my shotgun sometimes, I'm assuming that's what that is?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”