Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Lithium 1.6.2 (Feb. 29, 2020)

Post by Yebudoom »

Marrub wrote:Rampancy support has been added in 1.6.3. I'll add support for Cyberpack as well. In 1.6.2 they're not supported so you won't gain EXP, Score or Mana for killing things.
Excellent! Thank you!
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium 1.6.3 (Mar. 15, 2020)

Post by Marrub »

Version 1.6.3 (Trilithionite Red) has been released! Check the OP for change log and download.

I've improved the consistency and stability of the mod significantly, finishing systems meant to be finished years ago. Primarily, the inventory has been re-done, and the vanilla bosses and endings have been expanded. I've also refactored a whole lot, again, so now it's more in tune with modern GZDoom.
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

1.6.3 seems to work great, thank you. It's full of little changes/improvements, but mostly behind the scenes stuff. At any rate, it continues to be one of my favourites. Great job as usual.

As for the aforementioned Rampancy and Cyberpack compatibility, it's there, too. Rampancy's robots certainly give me mana, score and exp. Cyberpack's monsters do too, though I could've sworn not EVERY enemy type gives me score. Most do. It's a randomizer, so it's all a bit fuzzy. It mostly works, though, so no biggie.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Yebudoom wrote:1.6.3 seems to work great, thank you. It's full of little changes/improvements, but mostly behind the scenes stuff. At any rate, it continues to be one of my favourites. Great job as usual.

As for the aforementioned Rampancy and Cyberpack compatibility, it's there, too. Rampancy's robots certainly give me mana, score and exp. Cyberpack's monsters do too, though I could've sworn not EVERY enemy type gives me score. Most do. It's a randomizer, so it's all a bit fuzzy. It mostly works, though, so no biggie.
I played through a bit with it and it seemed that it worked quite fine without adjusting Lithium at all, checked the source and there didn't appear to be any monsters it couldn't already detect. I'll double check to make sure they're all supported.

Edit: Yeah I missed some. Fixing that.
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

Marrub wrote:Edit: Yeah I missed some. Fixing that.
Thanks, appreciated!
DYD
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DYD »

Playing this after a lot of time and oh god it's gone a long way. It's still good old Lithium... but EVEN BETTER! The Dark Lord is looking unique as far as I've seen, but since it's WIP I just picked the Marine.
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

Hi, Marrub. A quick question: is 1.6.3 compatible with the new version of DRLA Monsters (beta 7.3) out of the box, or is some patching needed? Upon quick testing it seems to work alright.

Also, for future reference: what's the optimal load order for monster mods? Lithium first and then the monster mod, or the other way around?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Yebudoom wrote:Hi, Marrub. A quick question: is 1.6.3 compatible with the new version of DRLA Monsters (beta 7.3) out of the box, or is some patching needed? Upon quick testing it seems to work alright.
Should work fine.
Also, for future reference: what's the optimal load order for monster mods? Lithium first and then the monster mod, or the other way around?
Lithium first. Since it has its own monsters doing it the other way would do nothing.
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

Marrub wrote:
Yebudoom wrote:Hi, Marrub. A quick question: is 1.6.3 compatible with the new version of DRLA Monsters (beta 7.3) out of the box, or is some patching needed? Upon quick testing it seems to work alright.
Should work fine.
Lithium first. Since it has its own monsters doing it the other way would do nothing.
Cool, thanks! Stay safe!
sataricon

Post by sataricon »

Thank you for the mod i've to say i love this idea.. who know i would be playing cyberpunk before it's release.

Now being new to the entire doom modding what kind of say megawad to go with this.
Thank you for the amazing effort.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

sataricon wrote:Thank you for the mod i've to say i love this idea.. who know i would be playing cyberpunk before it's release.

Now being new to the entire doom modding what kind of say megawad to go with this.
Thank you for the amazing effort.
This page has a list of recommended map sets. Thanks for playing!
berry

Post by berry »

Oh yeah, a cyber punk style mod! Magnificent work
BloodlustQuartet

Post by BloodlustQuartet »

I've already downloaded the mod and enjoyed it, but is there a way to get just the option to make it 'rainy night' outside so I can use that with other mods? Please and thank you.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

BloodlustQuartet wrote:I've already downloaded the mod and enjoyed it, but is there a way to get just the option to make it 'rainy night' outside so I can use that with other mods? Please and thank you.
No, it's too complex.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Possible bug: Flemoids don't give mana when KO'd by the Cybermage.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”