Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

Post by Marrub »

Alexagon wrote:1. How do I get the armor interface? I've seen some gameplay videos and they start the game with it already visible.
You'll get it upon defeating a phantom.
Alexagon wrote:2. Is there a max ammo capacity for only certain weapons?
Some of the weapons have infinite ammo.
Alexagon wrote:3. Is it impossible to run without the movement augment activated? It makes my movements feel too jerky and unnatural and I'd rather disable it but without I move too slowly.
Walking is disabled with it on to make room for dodging. There are a few reasons for this:
  • Not adding new keys is a priority.
  • Most doom maps are big enough to allow always running. I don't like making decisions for the player, but because of the first reason, I had to in this case.
  • Most projectiles in Lithium are faster, so moving faster is almost necessary.
I could add an option to disable dodging if you want.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

Downloaded latest master, and ran with GZDoom 4.0. I keep getting "ACS call to unknown class in script function" errors, seemingly with a different class each time (sometimes it's "Confont.Confont", in the titlemap it's "Lith_TitleCyberdemon.Lith_TitleCyberdemon", one time it was just a ".").
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

dawnbreez wrote:Downloaded latest master, and ran with GZDoom 4.0. I keep getting "ACS call to unknown class in script function" errors, seemingly with a different class each time (sometimes it's "Confont.Confont", in the titlemap it's "Lith_TitleCyberdemon.Lith_TitleCyberdemon", one time it was just a ".").
The current version is broken. I did some refactoring that should have changed nothing at all and somehow it broke completely. Try this.

EDIT: Reset the master branch, the broken commits are now in a separate branch.
SMG54321

Post by SMG54321 »

Hey I've been getting a error while parsing DECORATE scrips and won't let me play. It's just this mod too. can you look into it?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

SMG54321 wrote:Hey I've been getting a error while parsing DECORATE scrips and won't let me play. It's just this mod too. can you look into it?
Would need more info - what's the error message, and what version of GZDoom?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

SMG54321 wrote:Hey I've been getting a error while parsing DECORATE scrips and won't let me play. It's just this mod too. can you look into it?
Use the Git version of Lithium or downgrade GZDoom to 3.7.2.
InfiniteRedPill

Post by InfiniteRedPill »

Hello, I have a question. I have tried both the 4.0 and 3.7.2 versions of GZDoom, and both the normal and Git versions of Lithium. When I try to use Lithium with a map pack like Valiant-Vaccinated, or any other map pack, there is an issue with the weapon sprites. Most of the weapon sprites (like the pistol for example) look like the generic Doom 2 sprites, but change into the Lithium weapon sprites only during the firing animation. I'm sorry if this is not enough information, I can provide more. Thank you.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

InfiniteRedPill wrote:Hello, I have a question. I have tried both the 4.0 and 3.7.2 versions of GZDoom, and both the normal and Git versions of Lithium. When I try to use Lithium with a map pack like Valiant-Vaccinated, or any other map pack, there is an issue with the weapon sprites. Most of the weapon sprites (like the pistol for example) look like the generic Doom 2 sprites, but change into the Lithium weapon sprites only during the firing animation. I'm sorry if this is not enough information, I can provide more. Thank you.
Load Lithium after the map pack. If you're loading it via a frontend, it should be at the bottom. If you're loading it by dragging it onto the executable, click it last when selecting the wads to use.
InfiniteRedPill

Marrub wrote:
InfiniteRedPill wrote:Hello, I have a question. I have tried both the 4.0 and 3.7.2 versions of GZDoom, and both the normal and Git versions of Lithium. When I try to use Lithium with a map pack like Valiant-Vaccinated, or any other map pack, there is an issue with the weapon sprites. Most of the weapon sprites (like the pistol for example) look like the generic Doom 2 sprites, but change into the Lithium weapon sprites only during the firing animation. I'm sorry if this is not enough information, I can provide more. Thank you.
Load Lithium after the map pack. If you're loading it via a frontend, it should be at the bottom. If you're loading it by dragging it onto the executable, click it last when selecting the wads to use.
Wow thank you so much.
sirleviatan

Post by sirleviatan »

GZDoom g4.1.2
Script error, "Lithium_1_6_1.pk3:lzscript/utilities.zsc" line 60:
Can't call play function ExecuteSpecial from data context

please fix it, thank you.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

sirleviatan wrote:GZDoom g4.1.2
Script error, "Lithium_1_6_1.pk3:lzscript/utilities.zsc" line 60:
Can't call play function ExecuteSpecial from data context

please fix it, thank you.
Marrub wrote:Use the Git version of Lithium or downgrade GZDoom to 3.7.2.
InfiniteRedPill

All you mod creators, including you Marrub, must have infinite patience when it comes to answers these questions. I love you all.
crossvisionmedia

Post by crossvisionmedia »

Is there any chance this can be used with Brutality or other mods and existing Huds and such?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

crossvisionmedia wrote:Is there any chance this can be used with Brutality or other mods and existing Huds and such?
No, the systems in place are too complex to work with other mods.
crossvisionmedia

Post by crossvisionmedia »

Ahh kinda figured. Worth a shot though!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”