Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sonoda

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

Post by sonoda »

I have 2 bug(?)reports.
1:the Japanese weapon modification description is missing.
2: buttons disappear when aimed at certain enemy on Delta-touch.
zimxpentagram

Post by zimxpentagram »

This new version of this mod is really pretty, but I noticed something, the selection wheel for the cyber mage's spells is gone, was this intentional or is it a bug. I keep pressing the bound key for it but it doesn't pop up.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

sonoda wrote:I have 2 bug(?)reports.
1:the Japanese weapon modification description is missing.
I haven't translated them yet, sorry. I also forgot to remove the placeholder descriptions for the release version, they're missing so that I remember to add them at some point.
sonoda wrote:2: buttons disappear when aimed at certain enemy on Delta-touch.
Can't fix, I don't have a phone capable of running it.
zimxpentagram wrote:This new version of this mod is really pretty, but I noticed something, the selection wheel for the cyber mage's spells is gone, was this intentional or is it a bug. I keep pressing the bound key for it but it doesn't pop up.
Hold the "Special Action" button (it's under the main Controls section.) I removed the old alias for it.
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

Two things.

One, playing this with Fragport is...just wow. After the escape sequence on Map 30 and the ending provided for the Cyber-Mage by the mod, I felt a legitimate sense of catharsis. Everything falls into place just right, the weapons and spells, the enemy leveling system, and the interface that gives the mod a unique RPG-like feel. Nothing like using the final spell to turn seven archviles into goop at once, or finally getting the EXPLOSIONS! upgrade and turning the shotgun into a goddamn cannon.

Two, what in the holy mother of Romero is this?

This thing tanked three Solspears and an a la Mort before going down. Is it some kind of easter egg enemy level?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

TootsyBowl wrote:Two things.

One, playing this with Fragport is...just wow. After the escape sequence on Map 30 and the ending provided for the Cyber-Mage by the mod, I felt a legitimate sense of catharsis. Everything falls into place just right, the weapons and spells, the enemy leveling system, and the interface that gives the mod a unique RPG-like feel. Nothing like using the final spell to turn seven archviles into goop at once, or finally getting the EXPLOSIONS! upgrade and turning the shotgun into a goddamn cannon.

Two, what in the holy mother of Romero is this?

This thing tanked three Solspears and an a la Mort before going down. Is it some kind of easter egg enemy level?
Did he happen to kill a ton of enemies? Otherwise, I have no clue, and that's terrifying.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

That happened to me too, except it was a cyberdemon and I spent 5 minutes throwing everything I had at him before I said "fuck it" and used mdk

IT TOOK TWO OF THOSE.
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

Funky Gnoll wrote:That happened to me too, except it was a cyberdemon and I spent 5 minutes throwing everything I had at him before I said "fuck it" and used mdk

IT TOOK TWO OF THOSE.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqF28KiD-Hc[/youtube]

Edit: Hmm. Never tried a video link before. Does [youtube] require additional permissions above [img] ?
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:
Funky Gnoll wrote:That happened to me too, except it was a cyberdemon and I spent 5 minutes throwing everything I had at him before I said "fuck it" and used mdk

IT TOOK TWO OF THOSE.

Edit: Hmm. Never tried a video link before. Does [youtube] require additional permissions above [img] ?
You should have to put only video ID into that tag, not the entire link.
["youtube"]BqF28KiD-Hc["/youtube"] (w/o quotes)
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:

IT TOOK TWO OF THOSE.

So now that we can see what the joke is...what's the meaning of it?

Is it saying how Marrub accidentally created a monster that is indestructible without cheats?
will183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by will183 »

Could we get a standalone mod with just the rain and night time effects?

EDIT: Nvm, saw that someone else asked this.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

So, I've been playing this quite a bit recently, and as a result I've got two incredibly minor QOL requests:

- Some sort of flashlight/night vision would be neat. I'm already using a standalone flashlight mod, but it's not tied into Lithium's systems at all. (If this is already in feel free to call me a dumb-dumb, I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of all the content in here) o rite I forgot vanilla doom has this but still a flashlight would be moodier and cool

- If possible, keys for leaning left/right. This gets pretty damn hard depending on what other mods I'm running it with, and I've been slain countless times because I had to move my whole fatass body into a line of sight instead of just peeking.

And, since it's my obligation to heap praise upon Lithium now, I gotta say that the sheer amount of purely optional flavor text to read is amazing. I love games where you can just read page after page of lore in some sort of codex, so that's a godsend.

Also add a trans pride color scheme for the inventory pretty please :3
I just really like the pink and blue
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

PermaNoob wrote:So, I've been playing this quite a bit recently, and as a result I've got two incredibly minor QOL requests:

- Some sort of flashlight/night vision would be neat. I'm already using a standalone flashlight mod, but it's not tied into Lithium's systems at all. (If this is already in feel free to call me a dumb-dumb, I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of all the content in here) o rite I forgot vanilla doom has this but still a flashlight would be moodier and cool
What kind of stuff would you like for it to do that a standalone mod wouldn't? I'll certainly add it if you have any ideas, this has been a pretty highly requested feature, I just don't know what I would do differently from whatever other flashlight mod you might use.
SemiNoob wrote:- If possible, keys for leaning left/right. This gets pretty damn hard depending on what other mods I'm running it with, and I've been slain countless times because I had to move my whole fatass body into a line of sight instead of just peeking.
Hmm, this is a nice idea. I think I know how to implement it, though it might take me a bit since another project is taking precedence right now.
BifurcatedNoob wrote:And, since it's my obligation to heap praise upon Lithium now, I gotta say that the sheer amount of purely optional flavor text to read is amazing. I love games where you can just read page after page of lore in some sort of codex, so that's a godsend.
TriNoob wrote:Also add a trans pride color scheme for the inventory pretty please :3
I just really like the pink and blue
Added.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

All of this mod's little systems have lore and show in the UI as being part of the player character's augments and such and it's great for immersion. I think it would suffice to add the flashlight as one of those (like the HUD, the jetpack system, etc), give it some flavor text, customize its color and size to fit each character (or just pull from DarkDoomZ if you have permission along with its customization CVARs as options), and give it a cool techy sound effect. Alternatively you can also include (even alongside the flashlight) a nightvision augment that can use the flashlight's bind in place of the flashlight. Make them mutually exclusive or something for that. Maybe it can cost a tiny bit of money and CPU power like the other systems or be a balanced choice with the flashlight if you add some nightvision shader that adds noise to simulate lower quality nightvision.

As for leaning, I don't think it would fit the same way as my flashlight suggestion since it's just... leaning. I suggest using Josh's immersion mod since it has its own leaning function and choose between the footsteps from Lithium or Immersion by toggling one of them off (or turning its volume to 0).
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Someone64 wrote:All of this mod's little systems have lore and show in the UI as being part of the player character's augments and such and it's great for immersion. I think it would suffice to add the flashlight as one of those (like the HUD, the jetpack system, etc), give it some flavor text, customize its color and size to fit each character (or just pull from DarkDoomZ if you have permission along with its customization CVARs as options), and give it a cool techy sound effect. Alternatively you can also include (even alongside the flashlight) a nightvision augment that can use the flashlight's bind in place of the flashlight. Make them mutually exclusive or something for that. Maybe it can cost a tiny bit of money and CPU power like the other systems or be a balanced choice with the flashlight if you add some nightvision shader that adds noise to simulate lower quality nightvision.
Cool, good idea. Thanks.
Someone63 wrote:As for leaning, I don't think it would fit the same way as my flashlight suggestion since it's just... leaning. I suggest using Josh's immersion mod since it has its own leaning function and choose between the footsteps from Lithium or Immersion by toggling one of them off (or turning its volume to 0).
Sure, but leaning is a pretty neat gameplay mechanic. I was actually going to add it sooner but I forgot to write it in my to-do list.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

Yeah, what I was thinking for the flashlight is having it be a trade-off, e.g. First you have to buy it, or perhaps enabling it requires performance and you can't use it if you've got everything else maxed out, etc.

As for leaning... I didn't actually realize there was a separate mod that had it, I don't really comb through the forums here all that often. Still, I'll leave it up to Marrub what to do in regards to that. It's their mod, after all.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”