Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Funky Gnoll

Re: Lithium 1.6 (Oct. 16 2018)

Post by Funky Gnoll »

Having a go through Alien Vendetta as the Cyber Mage and I'm loving it. A few points:

-The Shock Rifle's upgrades seem kind of lackluster. Am I just using it wrong?

-Once you obtain Hosh'Danma*, is there any real use for Delear?

-Cercle de la Morte sometimes seems to cut off the ability to gain mana from dead enemies.

-If you pin a Pain Elemental to a wall, you can just sit there and rack up Score from all the dead Lost Souls it tries to spawn...

*neeeerrrrrrrd!!!
Last edited by Funky Gnoll on Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

The shock rifle's upgrades are great! The one that explodes after six consecutive shots is limited in its usage as there are plenty of enemies that die before you can shoot them six times. Use it for fighting big enemies. The lightning upgrade is great for crowd control and both stuns enemies from pain and deals a fair amount more of damage.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Funky Gnoll wrote:Having a go through Alien Vendetta as the Cyber Mage and I'm loving it. A few points:

-The Shock Rifle's upgrades seem kind of lackluster. Am I just using it wrong?

-Once you obtain Hosh'Danma*, is there any real use for Delear?

-Cercle de la Morte sometimes seems to cut off the ability to gain mana from dead enemies.

-If you pin a Pain Elemental to a wall, you can just sit there and rack up Score from all the dead Lost Souls it tries to spawn...

*neeeerrrrrrrd!!!
- The Shock Rifle's upgrades are slightly weak because the weapon is already very powerful when used right. But they can be of great utility nonetheless.
- Nope. (I think weapon obsolescence is fine or even good in games, though most people tend to think it's a bad thing.)
- If your mana is full, you won't get any more.
- This is fine. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to get tons of score that are equally boring. :P

Also, I've fixed a bunch of stability and gameplay issues I overlooked. Anyone who's not too lazy is recommended to use the current git version because it should play a lot more smoothly. Unfortunately I can't make a new stable release yet because I haven't finished all of the milestone goals.
Zhs2
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Marrub wrote:Also, I've fixed a bunch of stability and gameplay issues I overlooked.
Would this include the fact that certain enemy types - Spectres, Mancubi, Arachnotrons - can sometimes report maximum health values near the length of an unsigned 32-bit integer? Or that these enemy types that display the bug, particularly the Spectres, sometimes grant you ridiculous amounts of experience, always enough for another level? Or the fact that Spectres' levels can increment or decrement at will dependent on your x/y movements in the level?
WallyTheBoogieBug

Post by WallyTheBoogieBug »

After firing your weapon, your view very slowly drifts upward for a long time. This seems like a bug :p
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I'm curious. Your lore stuff indicates that there might be another 2-3 characters, yes?

That's gonna be nuts...
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Zhs2 wrote:
Marrub wrote:Also, I've fixed a bunch of stability and gameplay issues I overlooked.
Would this include the fact that certain enemy types - Spectres, Mancubi, Arachnotrons - can sometimes report maximum health values near the length of an unsigned 32-bit integer? Or that these enemy types that display the bug, particularly the Spectres, sometimes grant you ridiculous amounts of experience, always enough for another level? Or the fact that Spectres' levels can increment or decrement at will dependent on your x/y movements in the level?
The levels incrementing and decrementing is intentional, but yes, the rest of those are fixed now.
WallyTheBoogieBug wrote:After firing your weapon, your view very slowly drifts upward for a long time. This seems like a bug :p
This is not a bug, merely a consequence of the way recoil works.
Gideon020 wrote:I'm curious. Your lore stuff indicates that there might be another 2-3 characters, yes?

That's gonna be nuts...
Yep, there are currently 7 characters planned in total. Marine, Cyber-Mage, Informant, Wanderer, Dark Lord, Assassin and Thoth. Finishing Dark Lord is currently the milestone for 1.6.1.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

I don't suppose the enemy 'shades' are examples of any of these new characters, are they?
Spoiler:
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Funky Gnoll wrote:I don't suppose the enemy 'shades' are examples of any of these new characters, are they?
Sort of the opposite, they're characters from other games I haven't made yet. (I feel silly for having made a sequel mod to something I never released. :P)
Jazzy Gnoll wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

https://i.imgur.com/nLwzRIZ.png

Seems there's a menu problem....

And before you ask, I already fiddled with HUD scaling options. I have no idea what would be causing the shop menu and the like to butcher itself like this.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:https://i.imgur.com/nLwzRIZ.png

Seems there's a menu problem....

And before you ask, I already fiddled with HUD scaling options. I have no idea what would be causing the shop menu and the like to butcher itself like this.
This is already fixed and in the known errata.
TaporGaming
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by TaporGaming »

I can't play that mod. because people got something wrong to play this it's causes crashed game.
One thing. all FLAC sounds converted as WAV file?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

TaporGaming wrote:I can't play that mod. because people got something wrong to play this it's causes crashed game.
One thing. all FLAC sounds converted as WAV file?
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

I guess he was talking about this.

It’s nothing to do with the mod, the issue seems to be with AMD CPU features detection in libFLAC.
The problem is it cannot be solved without debugging libFLAC on affected CPU. None of developers has it though.

Anyway, there is a workaround. Download 32-bit version of 3.6.0 again, modern or legacy, double check that .zip name ends with amdfix, and try it out.
We cannot verify it ourselves, in theory it should fix the crash.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

_mental_ wrote:I guess he was talking about this.

It’s nothing to do with the mod, the issue seems to be with AMD CPU features detection in libFLAC.
The problem is it cannot be solved without debugging libFLAC on affected CPU. None of developers has it though.

Anyway, there is a workaround. Download 32-bit version of 3.6.0 again, modern or legacy, double check that .zip name ends with amdfix, and try it out.
We cannot verify it ourselves, in theory it should fix the crash.
That is rather fascinating. Only somewhat relatedly I've been considering making all of the sounds Ogg Vorbis and having the FLAC sounds separate. Hopefully by the time 1.6.1 is done this bug is fixed so it doesn't go under the radar when I do that.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”