Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
snarkel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Lithium 1.6 (Oct. 16 2018)

Post by snarkel »

The link for the Shut up and Bleed monsters addon appears to be dead. Do you mind setting up another one or linking it directly?
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

snarkel wrote:The link for the Shut up and Bleed monsters addon appears to be dead. Do you mind setting up another one or linking it directly?
I'll have to ask the author of it, sorry for the trouble. (Edit: Link is fixed.)
Hellser wrote:Not so much a bug, probably user error (aka: me). When attempting to fire (click and hold) again after firing the Gauss Rifle (after clicking and holding), the weapon seems to lock. Requiring me to have to fire again. A little pain in the butt.
Hm, I see what you mean, but I don't think I can fix that really.
Hellsir wrote:I think I still have the save file, probably not. Was running AV with Lithium and I got two free levels after killing two pinkies.
Sounds normal enough, they were probably just worth a lot of EXP.
Hellsor wrote:Overall, a very fun mod. Keep it up, man. :D
Thanks! :>
Last edited by Marrub on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Post by epiccolton26 »

Great mod! :D

Though I have to report that the GUI on the menu has some scaling/cropping issues, where the buttons and text are cut off or disappear entirely, depending on how I have my window scaled and whatnot. I use widescreen and have a 16:9 ratio set in the Set Video Mode menu. Is this just an issue on my part or could it be a bug?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

epiccolton26 wrote:Great mod! :D

Though I have to report that the GUI on the menu has some scaling/cropping issues, where the buttons and text are cut off or disappear entirely, depending on how I have my window scaled and whatnot. I use widescreen and have a 16:9 ratio set in the Set Video Mode menu. Is this just an issue on my part or could it be a bug?
This has been fixed in 1.6.1, in the meantime the resolution presets in the menu should work fine.
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

I can't overstate how much I love this mod now that I've given it a try. I can't really give any praise that hasn't been given by someone else already, so here's a small issue I found.
This is probably only a 'me problem', but there's something odd going on with the un-upgraded shotgun's firing noise. After 'pumping' the shotgun, I can very feintly hear a beeping in my right speaker. However, something about this beeping really hurts my ear and I can't seem to figure out why. Again, probably just a me problem, but hopefully I'm NOT crazy and there is something odd with the sound!
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Samarai1000 wrote:I can't overstate how much I love this mod now that I've given it a try. I can't really give any praise that hasn't been given by someone else already, so here's a small issue I found.
Thank you very much!
Samarai1001 wrote:This is probably only a 'me problem', but there's something odd going on with the un-upgraded shotgun's firing noise. After 'pumping' the shotgun, I can very feintly hear a beeping in my right speaker. However, something about this beeping really hurts my ear and I can't seem to figure out why. Again, probably just a me problem, but hopefully I'm NOT crazy and there is something odd with the sound!
There is a high pitched but rather quiet electric noise in the background of the firing sound! I'm sorry that hurts your ears, you can make a file called "sndinfo.txt" with these contents and load it after Lithium to change the normal firing sound to the poison shotgun upgrade's:

Code: Select all

$alias weapons/shotgun/fire weapons/shotgun/poison/fire
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Hi there, I've encountered a bug that occurs when switching to the Log after a couple of levels where the message about a LithUpdateCBIGUI being a terminated runaway script keeps filling up the console and rendering the CBI interface unusable and I am unable to switch tabs using the mouse. I tried to take a screenshot but my comp wouldn't cooperate with me while this was happening.

EDIT: Oh, wait, saw the errata. Sorry.
snarkel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by snarkel »

When booting up Lithium with the SUAB monster pack, I get uh...interesting results. https://imgur.com/a/4t4dTSX
does the pack no longer work with this newest version?
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

Yay, I found an ACTUAL bug this time!

One of the types of Phantoms, one with a rapid-firing weapon that they never stop firing if a target is in view, seems to have pitch inverted when they're aiming. If the player or any other target is standing on an elevated platform, they'll shoot down at the floor instead of up at the target. I'm assuming if I were to go to an area under them they'd shoot above me, too.

Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Samarai1000 wrote:Yay, I found an ACTUAL bug this time!

One of the types of Phantoms, one with a rapid-firing weapon that they never stop firing if a target is in view, seems to have pitch inverted when they're aiming. If the player or any other target is standing on an elevated platform, they'll shoot down at the floor instead of up at the target. I'm assuming if I were to go to an area under them they'd shoot above me, too.

Huh, I must have screwed up when changing everything to A_SpawnProjectile. Will fix. Unfortunately A_SpawnProjectile is somehow more broken than the function it replaced...
snarkel wrote:When booting up Lithium with the SUAB monster pack, I get uh...interesting results. https://imgur.com/a/4t4dTSX
does the pack no longer work with this newest version?
Patched the monster pack and upped the version to 0.04. Apparently the author did some Very Interesting things to the mod without asking me if it would break everything (which it did.) There are some minor compatibility issues with 1.6 but it works fine now. (These issues are now addressed in 1.6.1.)
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

Loving this new update! I like how the weapon animations are a bit more punchy, the rifle's rate of fire increase is much appreciated, and the general feel of the mod feels streamlined, but not dumbed down - there are still so many features I don't have the faintest clue how you've implemented, but for now I'll assume it's some form of technological wizardry. =P

The new armor system is very cool. Confusing at first as I thought I had to drag the items into the slots on the right but it was much simpler than that. It's all quite mind-boggling taking in all the stuff the mod adds over the vanilla experience, but I'm only more excited to keep playing and discover something new.

Rest assured, I can say the months of effort you put into this update were more than worth it!
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

All currently known errata is now fixed for 1.6.1. Thanks for the bug reports!
Baratus wrote:Loving this new update! I like how the weapon animations are a bit more punchy, the rifle's rate of fire increase is much appreciated, and the general feel of the mod feels streamlined, but not dumbed down - there are still so many features I don't have the faintest clue how you've implemented, but for now I'll assume it's some form of technological wizardry. =P

The new armor system is very cool. Confusing at first as I thought I had to drag the items into the slots on the right but it was much simpler than that. It's all quite mind-boggling taking in all the stuff the mod adds over the vanilla experience, but I'm only more excited to keep playing and discover something new.

Rest assured, I can say the months of effort you put into this update were more than worth it!
Thank you! :>
ate0ate

Post by ate0ate »

I have to say, this is my first time diving into Lithium and so far its pretty amazing. The SUAB enemies are a bit brutal in some wads so I was wondering if the DRLA Monsters addon works with the 1.6 update?
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

I occasionally run into some cyberdemon bosses that heal back up to one health bar (dark red color) after supposedly reducing their health to zero, this resulting in said cyberdemon boss being unkillable. Is there some trick to this I'm missing or have I spotted another glitch?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:I occasionally run into some cyberdemon bosses that heal back up to one health bar (dark red color) after supposedly reducing their health to zero, this resulting in said cyberdemon boss being unkillable. Is there some trick to this I'm missing or have I spotted another glitch?
They simply have too many health bars to display properly. Keep shooting.
ate0ate wrote:I have to say, this is my first time diving into Lithium and so far its pretty amazing. The SUAB enemies are a bit brutal in some wads so I was wondering if the DRLA Monsters addon works with the 1.6 update?
Of course, it would be marked as outdated if it didn't.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”