Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: Lithium [1.5 Alpha/Jul. 7]

Post by Yholl »

YES GOOD

Now everyone can wield the SOLARR BITCHMACE
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium [1.5 Alpha/Jul. 7]

Post by Marrub »

twinkieman93 wrote:I do enjoy what is here, at least. The pistol is great, I like the not-SSG, the SMG is really nice, the ion rifle is cool(despite what I assume are placeholder graphics), and the star destroyer is... it's pretty awesome, haha. I even cheated myself in the Delear spell and it's pretty cool, too(just wish you could refresh your projectile stock mid... "magazine"). I have loads of questions though!
Thanks!
twinkieman94 wrote:-Will magic run off of some kind of mana pool or is it infinite?
-Will you pick magic up from the environment or will these be shop items? Maybe the phantoms will drop them rather than cyber upgrades?
-Are there going to be more than three spells? For a mage that feels like a disappointingly small number of spells.
-Is this going to be Psychic style where you use magic and guns simultaneously? Delear did seem pretty hands-off as far as casting went...
-Is the reason he's lacking a bunch of cybernetic options due to being a mage? You cited Shadowrun as an inspiration for this so I wonder if that is just how he is rather than a symptom of alpha-ness, what with preserving his essence and stuff.
-Is the lack of spells due to planned magical body upgrades that do other cool stuff? Maybe one that makes him phase through projectiles when he dashes.
-It seemed like you can buy the extra weapons the Marine gets. Is that going to stay the case or is that changing?
-Will his weapons be upgradeable? If so, will the upgrades be more magical in nature due to who he is, or along the same lines as the Marine's upgrades?
-Is there any chance you'll rename the Marine the Cybersoldier for parity's sake? :V
-Are there any other classes planned post Cybermage or is that the end of the line?
Spoiler: One moooore thing...
- There will be a pool or two of some kind. I think that's the most uncertain part right now, I kind of want it to regenerate but also I kind of want it to be some kind of ammo you get.
- Yes, phantoms will drop them, since his CBI differs from Marine's. (This won't break in co-op because I can display a different sprite for his playerclass and handle it differently.)
- Yes, there will be more than three, one or two for each slot. Those are just the ones I could think of in the time I was making the magic stuff.
- The magic will likely be selected from a quick menu. I think Guncaster has something like this?
- The lack of upgrades is mainly due to alpha-ness, but there are also story reasons.
- See above.
- You will be able to purchase Marine's extra weapons.
- The weapons will have upgrades, but they will be quite different in nature from Marine's. I dunno how many will incorporate magic, though.
- no :V
- I have an idea for a third class and wanted to half-implement it like I did with cybermage for 1.5, but, uh.. :(
- Sorry, I still haven't implemented that. It'll do things some day.
- :>
twinkieman95 wrote:EDIT: Just found a pretty nasty bug while playing through the game as the marine. My injector kicked in while I was using the rocket launcher and the gun froze up, stuck mid-fire animation doing absolutely nothing. I couldn't switch off of the gun either, I was helpless. While I have no idea if it was relevant or not I had the homing mod installed.
Oh shit, fixed, and will have to make a release immediately because it'll happen with all weapons.
Yholl wrote:YES GOOD

Now everyone can wield the SOLARR BITCHMACE
die

Hotfix released. Download

From 1.5 alpha to 1.5 alpha 2:
| Fixed pausing weapons being caused from external sources (which broke the adrenaline upgrade completely.)
TootsyBowl

Re: Lithium [1.5 Alpha 2/Jul. 7]

Post by TootsyBowl »

I'll just wait until 1.5 is done before I play it. I'm not itching that bad for an update.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

The phantom spawning is a little wonky on some mapsets. I'm not sure how you do it; you've mentioned that it's based on score thresholds, but aside from that I assume there's some kind of algorithm to determine where he spawns, seeing as how he always spawns in the same place in any given map, from what I've seen(if you're playing BTSX 1, for example, your first phantom should, if you're diligent about completion, spawn in the dark room with the blue key on map... 04...? He'll have killed the baron by the time you get there.).

Which is really cool except for when the algorithm puts him somewhere out of reach or in a situation where he's bound to die well before you see him, and thus your chances of finding your upgrade may be... slim. Examples of this include MAP15 of BTSX1, where he spawned in the inaccessible area near the exits, or MAP03 of Mutiny, where he spawned I have no earthly idea because he died and the only trace of him I ever found was the warning and the nuke sound. I'm not even sure he picked a fight with anything, I honestly don't know what happened to him.

I love the concept but I feel like it needs to be tweaked a little so you don't get cheated out of upgrades somehow. Perhaps rather than the phantoms dropping the upgrades, once you kill them you either A) automatically acquire them or B) they are unlocked for purchase in the CBI. Might require tweaking of the current explanation of why the phantoms are key to the upgrades, though. Maybe OFMD is like "well clearly you need this to fight these numbskulls on an even keel" and either sends them through the mail all complimentary-like or just offers them for sale because megacorp.
Spoiler: Headcanon nonsense regarding bottomless ammo.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

twinkieman93 wrote:The phantom spawning is a little wonky on some mapsets. I'm not sure how you do it; you've mentioned that it's based on score thresholds, but aside from that I assume there's some kind of algorithm to determine where he spawns, seeing as how he always spawns in the same place in any given map, from what I've seen(if you're playing BTSX 1, for example, your first phantom should, if you're diligent about completion, spawn in the dark room with the blue key on map... 04...? He'll have killed the baron by the time you get there.).
It finds the first available boss monster, basically. It's just completely random.
twinkieman94 wrote:Which is really cool except for when the algorithm puts him somewhere out of reach or in a situation where he's bound to die well before you see him, and thus your chances of finding your upgrade may be... slim. Examples of this include MAP15 of BTSX1, where he spawned in the inaccessible area near the exits, or MAP03 of Mutiny, where he spawned I have no earthly idea because he died and the only trace of him I ever found was the warning and the nuke sound. I'm not even sure he picked a fight with anything, I honestly don't know what happened to him.
That should be fine, if you exit a map without grabbing the upgrade it will give it to you unconditionally. I can't really improve it without risking the boss not spawning at all sometimes.
Spoiler:
twinkieman95 wrote:
Spoiler: Headcanon nonsense regarding bottomless ammo.
:lol:
Spoiler: actual reason
THANKS TO A CERTAIN yholl THE CHARGE FIST NOW DOES NOT SUCK
GIVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE TO THIS yholl

ALSO pretties
Spoiler: beeg image
ALSO ???
Spoiler: ?????
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Marrub wrote:ALSO
Soul Cleaver
SMG Trimag
Rad. Ionizer
Oh shid. This is getting magical, fast.
Campbell

Post by Campbell »

My game crash everytime I fire that big ass cannon. How can I fix or it's just something my pc couldn't handle?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Campbell wrote:My game crash everytime I fire that big ass cannon. How can I fix or it's just something my pc couldn't handle?
Try going to the console and running:

Code: Select all

r_drawvoxels 0
Ikazu-san wrote:
Soul Cleaver
SMG Trimag
Rad. Ionizer
oh yes
Spoiler: maybe some day I should add thumbnail generation to my website instead of having to spoiler these gigantic images
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

Great job, but in the sound credits, there's a minor error.
The Cybermage shotgun sounds are not from General Series 6000, but from Dynamic Range CDs 1 and 2.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

so i played this mod and i liked what i've seen from it. unfortunately, i seem to be running into unexplainable game-freezes with this mod. not even a crash log, just GZDoom completely freezing and having to be terminated. i can't really tell why this happens, but it happened twice in the middle part of Doom 2 Reloaded without any visible cause.
Campbell

Post by Campbell »

Marrub wrote:
Campbell wrote:My game crash everytime I fire that big ass cannon. How can I fix or it's just something my pc couldn't handle?
Try going to the console and running:

Code: Select all

r_drawvoxels 0
Ikazu-san wrote:
Soul Cleaver
SMG Trimag
Rad. Ionizer
oh yes
Spoiler: maybe some day I should add thumbnail generation to my website instead of having to spoiler these gigantic images
Do you have any intention of using a trajectory for grenade launching function used by the Combat Rifle? Sometimes the firing mechanism of the Grenade launcher really bothers me. That might be a I-am-me problem only so yea, what is your thought?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Campbell wrote:Do you have any intention of using a trajectory for grenade launching function used by the Combat Rifle? Sometimes the firing mechanism of the Grenade launcher really bothers me. That might be a I-am-me problem only so yea, what is your thought?
Turn off auto-aim for now. I'll go add +NOAUTOAIM to the grenade projectile to make this less weird.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:so i played this mod and i liked what i've seen from it. unfortunately, i seem to be running into unexplainable game-freezes with this mod. not even a crash log, just GZDoom completely freezing and having to be terminated. i can't really tell why this happens, but it happened twice in the middle part of Doom 2 Reloaded without any visible cause.
I fixed some game-crashing bugs related to the pause-in-menus option, it was probably that. For now, turn that option off, it'll be fixed in 1.5 beta.
Oberron wrote:Great job, but in the sound credits, there's a minor error.
The Cybermage shotgun sounds are not from General Series 6000, but from Dynamic Range CDs 1 and 2.
Thanks, fixed. Surprised someone actually noticed that. :P
CandiceJoy
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11, MacOS Ventura
Graphics Processor: Apple M1

Post by CandiceJoy »

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's intentional, but when I load up Lithium with Doom 2, just about every enemy dies in one (or a few, in the case of bosses) hit and enemies seem to be respawning with a sound. I made sure respawn was off. I even tried a different GZDoom frontend, and I double-checked all my GZDoom settings.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Was there enemy infighting?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

CandiceJoy wrote:I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's intentional, but when I load up Lithium with Doom 2, just about every enemy dies in one (or a few, in the case of bosses) hit and enemies seem to be respawning with a sound. I made sure respawn was off. I even tried a different GZDoom frontend, and I double-checked all my GZDoom settings.
Sounds like you're playing on "I'm just a tourist" (skill 0).

also I have created things that should not exist

Return to “Gameplay Mods”