Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Albertoni

Re: Lithium [1.4 Update/Apr. 14]

Post by Albertoni »

I don't know what the 7777777 mode is supposed to do, would anyone shed some light for me?

Edit: Derp, 0 gravity. Was playing on a mod without jumping.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Found an oddity with rain thing. Some raindrops just freeze upon impact and refuse to disappear. Dunno if it happens only on Scythe2 map17, or just generally on wide open maps.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Ikazu-san wrote:Found an oddity with rain thing. Some raindrops just freeze upon impact and refuse to disappear. Dunno if it happens only on Scythe2 map17, or just generally on wide open maps.
Wow, that's weird. Fixed.
Albertoni wrote:I don't know what the 7777777 mode is supposed to do, would anyone shed some light for me?

Edit: Derp, 0 gravity. Was playing on a mod without jumping.
There's some other small things it changes, heheheh.
Spaceman333 wrote:I know you said animation is hard, but what if the chainsaw replacement was a Cyber Monofilament Whip? A hi-tech cyber weapon that extends out of the arms of the user, with an elemental touch of fire, electrity or even freezing when swung in arcs to flay multiple enemies at once?
I like that idea, it wouldn't be too hard because I could bullshit it with math instead of animation.

Also, pew.
Spoiler: large image
Also, bang.
Spoiler: large image
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Zhs2 wrote:I think the pickup message for the plasma rifle is kinda broken. Each time I pick one up the garbage string representing the name becomes a little weirder, but it always prints "LITH_TXT_INFO_SHORT" first.
By the way, do you get the plasma rifle?

I do get a pickup message, but I get an error reading: "ACS: I don't know what..." and I don't get the plasma rifle.
Keep in mind, I'm not running my version with Lithium Extras.
RickStrong

Post by RickStrong »

I too am having problems with the plasma rifle, where it gives an odd string when I pick it up and it does not actually appear in my weapon roster. Is this just a problem with GZDoom?

Other than that I am absolutely loving this mod and am so so so excited to see its updates.
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:I do get a pickup message, but I get an error reading: "ACS: I don't know what..." and I don't get the plasma rifle.
RickStrong wrote:I too am having problems with the plasma rifle, where it gives an odd string when I pick it up and it does not actually appear in my weapon roster. Is this just a problem with GZDoom?

Other than that I am absolutely loving this mod and am so so so excited to see its updates.
It sounds like you're on a newer zdoom build. Is it this? https://github.com/marrub--/Lithium/issues/50

Running Lithium on a pre-QZ1.2/GZ2.3 build seems to be working 100% still.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Icarus made a video reviewing the mod:
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

oops I haven't been working on this since may
NO MATTER, PROGRESS HAS CONTINUED
Spoiler: big images
Spaceman333 wrote:Icarus made a video reviewing the mod
Someone linked me this, which is why I'm working on Lithium again, really nice video!
Fallingferret wrote:
Hellstorm Archon wrote:I do get a pickup message, but I get an error reading: "ACS: I don't know what..." and I don't get the plasma rifle.
RickStrong wrote:I too am having problems with the plasma rifle, where it gives an odd string when I pick it up and it does not actually appear in my weapon roster. Is this just a problem with GZDoom?

It sounds like you're on a newer zdoom build. Is it this? https://github.com/marrub--/Lithium/issues/50

Running Lithium on a pre-QZ1.2/GZ2.3 build seems to be working 100% still.
I have no idea why this happens. This is potentially fixed now, either due to something I did or something done in the engine, as I haven't come across it in testing recently.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Yeah, I had that issue in 3.0.1, but I upgraded to 3.1 and it fixed itself. No clue if it's broken in the devbuilds.

EDIT: Actually no it's still busted. For some weird reason, ones spawned in the map are busted, but if you type "summon plasmarifle" in the console, the subsequently summoned plasma rifle can be scooped up just fine.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

twinkieman93 wrote:EDIT: Actually no it's still busted. For some weird reason, ones spawned in the map are busted, but if you type "summon plasmarifle" in the console, the subsequently summoned plasma rifle can be scooped up just fine.
how
That is absolute terror of the highest caliber. I can't even tell what that could possibly be caused by, especially since the pickup actors just spawn effects when they're created.
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

Is 1.5 going to require a newer ZDoom build with extras being merged?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Nope, it detects if ZScript is available, and if it isn't disables anything that uses it.
Korell

Post by Korell »

A LITH_TXT type issue happens on the Upgrades menu, too. Beneath Omega Railgun there is written the following text (I say beneath, but the text is large enough for it to overlap the Omega Railgun item):

LITH_TXT_UPGRADE_TITLE_Lith_PauseManager

Watching the Doom Mod Madness video from Mr Icarus, it shows that this text shouldn't be present at all. Is it related to the PlasmaRifle pickup issue mentioned above? I'm also using GZDoom 3.1.0.

EDIT: Actually, I think it is related to the Lithium Extras. If I don't load that with the mod then this option isn't present, which is probably how it was played by Mr Icarus. If I do include it and start a new game it shows up as what looks like a secret weapon named just ??????? (I'm guessing it is the BFG upgrade). But at some point it changes to the LITH_TXT_... message as per my saved game.

EDIT 2: The text changes on each level change (which might be why I don't see it when starting a new game). Just completed two levels in the map pack I'm using and the text changed to the following on each new level:
LITH_TXT_UPGRADE_TITLE_pk7/lcode/Main/src/p_settings.c
LITH_TXT_UPGRADE_TITLE_RLFormerHumanPistol
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Sorry, misfired. My bad.
Last edited by AvzinElkein on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Those are all warnings for LegenDoom, and not Lithium, though.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”