Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium [1.4 Update/Apr. 14]

Post by Marrub »

durbdoogle wrote:Great looking update! Super glad you got the motivation to continue :) Quick question, for anyone really, what is a good monster pack to play this with? I have been using the stock monsters but something with a little more variety would be nice :)
I actually made a patch for the DoomRL monsters pack that adds Lithium support. You can get it here.
(DoomRL Monsters 7.0 has support already in it, so when that comes out within the next 5,000 years it'll just work)

Edit: Added to OP.
Last edited by Marrub on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Marrub wrote:
durbdoogle wrote:Great looking update! Super glad you got the motivation to continue :) Quick question, for anyone really, what is a good monster pack to play this with? I have been using the stock monsters but something with a little more variety would be nice :)
I actually made a patch for the DoomRL monsters pack that adds Lithium support. You can get it here.
(DoomRL Monsters 7.0 has support already in it, so when that comes out within the next 5,000 years it'll just work)
Oh friggin' awsome, thank you!
Lime

Post by Lime »

Marrub wrote:

Edit: Added to OP.
YEEESSSS! :rock:
- is it compatible in zdoom?
Zhs2
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I think the pickup message for the plasma rifle is kinda broken. Each time I pick one up the garbage string representing the name becomes a little weirder, but it always prints "LITH_TXT_INFO_SHORT" first.
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Zhs2 wrote:I think the pickup message for the plasma rifle is kinda broken. Each time I pick one up the garbage string representing the name becomes a little weirder, but it always prints "LITH_TXT_INFO_SHORT" first.
Hey I noticed something too. In the CBI, the text right underneath the Omega Cannon has something similar. I was using the Lithium Extra Addon. I presume it's the BFG upgrade.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Seems GZDoom is doing weird things to the ACS string table again. If you encounter such bugs, please send me your save file.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks for adding my gauss shotgun sprite man! This gets better everyday. Loved the plasma difuser too.

Pure crack, like other guy said.
Zhs2
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Bump. Save file. Made solely with Doom 2 and Lithium 1.4 in GZDoom 2.4.0 official, internal save name is "d2lith". Just pick up the plasma rifle in front of you. I think saving and loading may well add another layer of complexity to this bug since garbage at the end of the string changes based on the time the save is loaded.

And on that note I want to say I love the revolver - despite the fact that it looks like a twig, it sounds beefy, fires as fast as you click, and reloads fast too. But I hate the super shotgun - it's slow, unwieldy, doesn't really help mow down a crowd, doesn't really help weaken stronger monsters any better than the revolver, sniper rifle, laser shotgun, regular shotgun... You name it, and it has a good chance of having a better use than this super novelty super shotgun. It might be because I'm no longer really used to Doom 2's super shotgun but I feel like it got the ass end of the deal here.

There is absolutely no hint that reloading the Particle Beam Plasma Rifle is necessary or possible until your next firing reloads it automatically. It becomes a lot more usable when you figure out it needs to be reloaded and then you start reloading it manually, but until then it's like Babby Monster's First Free Gank Simulator 2017.

Also just a tiny thing about credits.txt: the handle of the Extra Utilities author, and thus the credited creator of the Division Sigil, is RWTema, not RWTerma.
hypergamer25101

Post by hypergamer25101 »

I used this mod with 'Colorful Hell', because I like to add a challenge when using mods with weapons.

My favorite so far is the Scoped Shotgun.
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

i just noticed something alarming, that i realized when talking on discord.

the way that you are limiting upgrades is actuly bad for smaller mapsets.
there should be a option to get the rights ahead of time for a high amount of points.

Like check for the highest posible upgrade at the time and make the cost the same or higher.
You can also put hardware limitations if need be.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Spoiler: large image
A NEW CONTENDER APPROACHES, BUT WHO IS HE? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON LITHIUM™
kadu522 wrote:i just noticed something alarming, that i realized when talking on discord.

the way that you are limiting upgrades is actuly bad for smaller mapsets.
there should be a option to get the rights ahead of time for a high amount of points.

Like check for the highest posible upgrade at the time and make the cost the same or higher.
You can also put hardware limitations if need be.
That's, uh, not exactly, as they say, possible. I added CVars (not in the settings menu because spoilers) named lith_sv_boss* that you can adjust if need be.
I'll also add a CVar that gives you all the CBI upgrades when you start a new game, if that helps.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Marrub wrote:
A NEW CONTENDER APPROACHES, BUT WHO IS HE? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON LITHIUM™
Hmm a character focused on magic powers maybe? :)
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Spaceman333 wrote:Hmm a character focused on magic powers maybe? :)
MAYBE POSSIBLY

The new Cyber-Mage class is taking a bit longer than I'd like to develop just due to the amount of work I have to do.
And I don't mean the work of adding an entire new player class with a new set of upgrades and weapons, but the weapon sprites.
I've chosen to hand-draw all of the weapons because of the unique designs I have in mind, so that uh, might take a bit.
I can do a few sprites in a day before passing out but doing animations and making complex designs kill me.

Rest of it's coming along though. I have designs for several weapons and magic attacks, and a few of them implemented with placeholder sprites.
The Cyber-Mage's upgrades will overlap with Doomguy's, but also have some unique upgrades and some upgrades missing. (The weapon upgrades will of course all be unique.)

Also, here's a screenshot of the new test map I made.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Looking pretty cool so far. Wonder what's the lore behind this person.
Also, that SMG better have Fuller auto mode.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Cyber-Mage huh? *a smile emerges*

I know you said animation is hard, but what if the chainsaw replacement was a Cyber Monofilament Whip? A hi-tech cyber weapon that extends out of the arms of the user, with an elemental touch of fire, electrity or even freezing when swung in arcs to flay multiple enemies at once?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”