Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

Post by Alptraum »

The shotgun doesn't use/show any shells and can't pick them up either. I know the pistol has infinite ammo, but Is this normal?
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Alptraum wrote:The shotgun doesn't use/show any shells and can't pick them up either. I know the pistol has infinite ammo, but Is this normal?
Yes, the pistol, shotgun, and chaingun tier weapons for all classes have infinite ammo. However, there is an option in the settings to make all shotgun tier weapons consume ammo.
Alptraum

Post by Alptraum »

rabid marine wrote:
Alptraum wrote:The shotgun doesn't use/show any shells and can't pick them up either. I know the pistol has infinite ammo, but Is this normal?
Yes, the pistol, shotgun, and chaingun tier weapons for all classes have infinite ammo. However, there is an option in the settings to make all shotgun tier weapons consume ammo.
Oh, I changed that. Thanks.
Raito

Post by Raito »

An error occured when i tried to load the mod in GZDoom dev version 3.8.2 legacy.

GScript error, "Lithium_1_6_1.pk3:lzscript/utilities.zsc" line60:
GCan't call play function ExecuteSpecial from data context
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

I've added a warning to the OP that you need either GZDoom 3.7.2 or Lithium's Git version. For some reason the forum wasn't letting me edit the OP for months until now.
SaharatheWolfe

Post by SaharatheWolfe »

I've been having a weird problem with the Itch.io version. When I spawn in the pistol Sprite doesn't appear and when I use the alternate fire I get an extremely high FOV like zoom out. I should also mention that when I did this I had nothing but lithium and doom 2 playing to just test it.
Scorch-dragon

Post by Scorch-dragon »

yeah the mod is good and all but there is one problem. I cant get version 1.6.1 working. yet 1.6.0 does work. can it be fixed please? or can someone tell me why its not working?
Alptraum

Post by Alptraum »

Will there be any update or is the mod finished?
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Scorch-dragon wrote:yeah the mod is good and all but there is one problem. I cant get version 1.6.1 working. yet 1.6.0 does work. can it be fixed please? or can someone tell me why its not working?
I think for the latest versions of GZdoom you have to use the GitHub master branch. https://github.com/marrub--/Lithium
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Alptraum wrote:Will there be any update or is the mod finished?
It's finished for now. I'll make a 2.0 release when the Eternity rewrite is done in a few years.
Raito

Post by Raito »

Marrub wrote:I've added a warning to the OP that you need either GZDoom 3.7.2 or Lithium's Git version. For some reason the forum wasn't letting me edit the OP for months until now.
I am a month late but, thanks for the info. Quite busy with life recently. I will check it out later.
Alptraum

Post by Alptraum »

Are you working on something else ^^ ?
Last edited by Alptraum on Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Alptraum wrote:Do you think about another update or are you working on something else ^^ ?
I think Marrub is working on other projects right now. And like she said above, Lithium won't get another update until the Eternity engine finishes getting it's rewrite.
Alptraum

Post by Alptraum »

rabid marine wrote:
Alptraum wrote:Do you think about another update or are you working on something else ^^ ?
I think Marrub is working on other projects right now. And like she said above, Lithium won't get another update until the Eternity engine finishes getting it's rewrite.
My bad, I forgot about that.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

HII. I really like the dinamics of the mod. The money-exp mechanics are great and the mod itself gives a constant challenge even if you have already all the arsenal and more than enough money to spam rockets and plasma.

The fact the two characters of the mod have their own mechanics (And even then a storyline via e-mail) gives a diferents styles of gameplay and options to play both of them :wub: :wub: :wub:

The only problems I had was the compatibility with some maps like Epic or Doom Barranks who changes enemies by default (Like commander ken and the Naziz). Also, maps that kill you in some areas to complete a level causes the story e-mails being deleted. but they aren't a great issues to deal..

I definitely would play Lithium in the future upgrates, and of course I would play the mod on more maps and with custom enemy mods :o :o :D :D

(I accept some suggestions of maps too :3 )

Return to “Gameplay Mods”