Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Lithium 1.5.3 (Nov. 22 2017) [2.0 info - pg24]

Post by Graf Zahl »

Not weird. But you cannot deny that writing complex C code and compiling it to the ACS VM which was designed to run simple map scripts is a bit outside the intended use.
And that bit of "outside intended use" can make all the difference if push comes to shove because it may trigger undefined behavior. The main problem is really the tacked-on memory management in the VM to work around ACS's shortcomings. Especially the string pool has been a source of far too many issues - if you now throw code at it that does even more string manipulation it may just be enough to push it over the edge.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

a.dusty.taco wrote:How do you get the reality distortion? Is it really a thing? I can't seem to get it anywhere...
It's very difficult to obtain, but you can get it by defeating Isaac's third form.
CemeteryInTheSky

Post by CemeteryInTheSky »

Hey, I'm guessing I'm one of a handful of people unlucky enough for this to happen to because I've looked and have found 0 answers or fixes. I've installed the latest builds of GZDOOM as well as the devbuilds, I've tried Zandronum, I've tried changing the rendering, nothing works! Basically, what the problem is, every time I try to play Lithium, everything works fine, that is up until I actually start playing. The game freezes for a second or so with the end of the barrel of the pistol at the very bottom of the screen, after the short freeze, the gun is completely gone. However, I can change weapons still, use them, pick up other weapons, etc. But, everything is invisible, the HUD is there, just not the weapon models. Also, when I go to zoom-in with the pistol it pulls my character's perspective back as if he was going through a worm hold and the visuals as all over the place. If anyone here knows a fix or could help me in someway, I would greatly appreciate it.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

CemeteryInTheSky wrote:Hey, I'm guessing I'm one of a handful of people unlucky enough for this to happen to because I've looked and have found 0 answers or fixes. I've installed the latest builds of GZDOOM as well as the devbuilds, I've tried Zandronum, I've tried changing the rendering, nothing works! Basically, what the problem is, every time I try to play Lithium, everything works fine, that is up until I actually start playing. The game freezes for a second or so with the end of the barrel of the pistol at the very bottom of the screen, after the short freeze, the gun is completely gone. However, I can change weapons still, use them, pick up other weapons, etc. But, everything is invisible, the HUD is there, just not the weapon models. Also, when I go to zoom-in with the pistol it pulls my character's perspective back as if he was going through a worm hold and the visuals as all over the place. If anyone here knows a fix or could help me in someway, I would greatly appreciate it.
Delete your configuration (back it up first!) and try it again. This sometimes happens when GZDoom fails to set the defaults correctly.
CemeteryInTheSky

Post by CemeteryInTheSky »

Marrub wrote:
CemeteryInTheSky wrote:Hey, I'm guessing I'm one of a handful of people unlucky enough for this to happen to because I've looked and have found 0 answers or fixes. I've installed the latest builds of GZDOOM as well as the devbuilds, I've tried Zandronum, I've tried changing the rendering, nothing works! Basically, what the problem is, every time I try to play Lithium, everything works fine, that is up until I actually start playing. The game freezes for a second or so with the end of the barrel of the pistol at the very bottom of the screen, after the short freeze, the gun is completely gone. However, I can change weapons still, use them, pick up other weapons, etc. But, everything is invisible, the HUD is there, just not the weapon models. Also, when I go to zoom-in with the pistol it pulls my character's perspective back as if he was going through a worm hold and the visuals as all over the place. If anyone here knows a fix or could help me in someway, I would greatly appreciate it.
Delete your configuration (back it up first!) and try it again. This sometimes happens when GZDoom fails to set the defaults correctly.
THANK YOU! It works now! Keep up the great work! :3
Scottvrakis

Post by Scottvrakis »

Sad to see this mod is moving to a different engine as I've JUST found out about it's existence watching ICARUSLIV3S coverage of it on his Doom Mod Madness segment of his YouTube channel. I've been using GZDoom ever since ZDoom kicked the bucket and I forgot Skulltag was a thing. I'm not exactly tech savvy when it comes to Doom ports so I tend to just use the best one I see, and in this case GZDoom seems to be a fan favorite and chock full of features.

Quite an odd coincidence that DoomRPG was brought up, that mod has to be one of my favorite Doom mods of all time, and I was equally as sad to see it being shelved as-well.

Either way, fantastic mod. It still boggles my mind what people are still doing to Doom nowadays.
ddmeltzer8

Post by ddmeltzer8 »

Hi,all!
This looks very cool!But I have no idea how to run it.I'm sure its completely obvious but ...
PLEASE HELP AN IDIOT!

Thanks.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

before getting ninja'd by any mods around, make sure you have the latest GZDoom Builds.
Marrub

Re: Lithium 1.6 (Oct. 16 2018)

Post by Marrub »

Version 1.6 (Hyper-Dilithium) has been released! Download

This update features major new features such as an inventory system, revamped armor and greatly improved stability and performance. The game feel and balance have been improved as well as many other more minor things.

I completely lied in my last release, as is now routine, and I noticed a quintillion cracks in the walls all pointing fingers at the fact that I am somehow still awfully lazy haven't made a release in too long over a year and the generally gigantic amount of things in my Trello board, so I've fixed a lot of all of that.
The next update, 1.6.1, will contain features such as a new guy who likes to shoot things. (I swear this time! Sorry, stabby dude is delayed.)

(... This paragraph seems really familiar ...)

Anyway, while my plans for world domination have been heard and will resonate throughout the ages causing all whom learn of them to tremble in their boots, I should clarify now that this is released:

I lied! And over-exaggerated. I was very mad that my mod had suddenly exploded and the engine is going into the pits of API Hell. Well, I still think it's going into API Hell, but things are not as bad as I had thought and I admit I was wrong for casting doubt like that. The Eternity Engine version is still in development and will take over as the primary version of the mod when 2.0 is completed. (That will take a rather long while.) In the meantime the GZDoom version will be maintained as well.

Changes:
Spoiler:
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Are there any plans to add a setting for making ammo finite, having to scrounge it up from the map as usual, or possibly buying more from the shop? Would add another dynamic layer of resource management :D
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Are there any plans to add a setting for making ammo finite, having to scrounge it up from the map as usual, or possibly buying more from the shop? Would add another dynamic layer of resource management :D
Bullet ammo, no. There's already an option to make slot 3 weapons take ammo, though.
Gorman Frebmane

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

We deus ex now.
terminator44

Post by terminator44 »

Words can't describe how happy I am to see this updated. Definitely one of my favorite mods.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Updated the known errata section in the OP. The bug reports are much appreciated!
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Hellser »

Not so much a bug, probably user error (aka: me). When attempting to fire (click and hold) again after firing the Gauss Rifle (after clicking and holding), the weapon seems to lock. Requiring me to have to fire again. A little pain in the butt.

I think I still have the save file, probably not. Was running AV with Lithium and I got two free levels after killing two pinkies.

Overall, a very fun mod. Keep it up, man. :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”