Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Condor-2-4-2

Re: Lithium [1.5.3 Update][Nov. 22]

Post by Condor-2-4-2 »

Hello Patriot1776,
Patriot1776 wrote:
Slot 1, 2, 3, and 4 weapons always have infinite ammo (sans super-shotgun.) If you want I can add an option that makes all slot 3 weapons take shells, but I can't add an option that makes slot 2 and 4 weapons take bullets, as I removed all bullet ammo pickups.
But also the weapons wich should have limited ammo, e.g. the pistol, have infinite ammo. This happens both when I start a new game or a save game. The pistol has 14/14 rounds of ammo when I start a new game. And when the first round is empty, it starts over with 14 rounds. This happens for all other weapons with limited ammo. I also tried the mod with GZDoom 3.1.0 64bit and had the same effect.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Condor-2-4-2 wrote:Hello Patriot1776,
Patriot1776 wrote:
Slot 1, 2, 3, and 4 weapons always have infinite ammo (sans super-shotgun.) If you want I can add an option that makes all slot 3 weapons take shells, but I can't add an option that makes slot 2 and 4 weapons take bullets, as I removed all bullet ammo pickups.
But also the weapons wich should have limited ammo, e.g. the pistol, have infinite ammo. This happens both when I start a new game or a save game. The pistol has 14/14 rounds of ammo when I start a new game. And when the first round is empty, it starts over with 14 rounds. This happens for all other weapons with limited ammo. I also tried the mod with GZDoom 3.1.0 64bit and had the same effect.
Yes, this is intentional. By "slot 2 weapon" I mean the pistol and revolver, "slot 3 weapon" being the shotgun and laser shotgun, and "slot 4 weapon" being the combat rifle. They have infinite ammo, but most other weapons do take ammunition.
Condor-2-4-2

Post by Condor-2-4-2 »

An limit ammo option for Slot 3 weapons, as you mentioned, would be good.

And another question - I'd like to use the Doom 64 Monster replacement mod with Lithium. Is it compatible?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Condor-2-4-2 wrote:An limit ammo option for Slot 3 weapons, as you mentioned, would be good.

And another question - I'd like to use the Doom 64 Monster replacement mod with Lithium. Is it compatible?
I'm not sure which mod you're refering to precisely, but it should. Most monster mods will "probably" work, if not at least run.
I would appreciate it if you could link me to the particular mod you're talking about, I'd like to play it myself.
Condor-2-4-2

Post by Condor-2-4-2 »

Marrub wrote:
I'm not sure which mod you're refering to precisely, but it should. Most monster mods will "probably" work, if not at least run.
I would appreciate it if you could link me to the particular mod you're talking about, I'd like to play it myself.
Here is the link to the mod: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... placer-v08. I played it with your mod and so far I can see, it works.
Condor-2-4-2

Post by Condor-2-4-2 »

Hello Marrub,

would it be possible to intecrate the doom 64 monsters in your mod and ad a function to switch between classic doom and doom 64 monsters? Would that be a big effort?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Condor-2-4-2 wrote:Hello Marrub,

would it be possible to intecrate the doom 64 monsters in your mod and ad a function to switch between classic doom and doom 64 monsters? Would that be a big effort?
It would be too large of an effort.
Condor-2-4-2 wrote:Here is the link to the mod: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... placer-v08. I played it with your mod and so far I can see, it works.
Cool, thanks. I'll try it out.
Deii

Post by Deii »

Having finished Doom 2 on UV with the marine and currently very close to finishing it again with the cyber mage, I noticed the latter could use a little more love in regards to upgrades and purchasable weapons. Do you have anything in mind for him? It'd be interesting to have some extra handheld weapon that drew upon the mana pool, at least.

EDIT: Finished my mage playthrough. Things turn into a bit of a slog when you're thrown a bunch of high-level baddies due to the SMG's overheating or the ion rifle taking a bit of a long time between shots. The plasma rifle with upgrades kinda turns into your best friend by then, because I managed to power through map 27's pain elemental trap with it alone. :P
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Deii wrote:Having finished Doom 2 on UV with the marine and currently very close to finishing it again with the cyber mage, I noticed the latter could use a little more love in regards to upgrades and purchasable weapons. Do you have anything in mind for him? It'd be interesting to have some extra handheld weapon that drew upon the mana pool, at least.
I have a few weapon upgrades in my ideas file, but not any weapons. That's a cool idea, I think I might do just that.
Deiii wrote:EDIT: Finished my mage playthrough. Things turn into a bit of a slog when you're thrown a bunch of high-level baddies due to the SMG's overheating or the ion rifle taking a bit of a long time between shots. The plasma rifle with upgrades kinda turns into your best friend by then, because I managed to power through map 27's pain elemental trap with it alone. :P
Hehehe.. And I thought that upgrade wasn't very useful at first. Guess I was wrong.

Also I may or may not have procrastinated developed a bit of Dark Lord yesterday, because Informant has a lot of gameplay stuff that I don't want to implement.
Here's a video because I really like how this minigun turned out. :P
Deii

Post by Deii »

Oh boy, new class coming up?

And well, it's not that it lacks usefulness. It's boring compared to most other upgrades, yes, but it's also practical in the sense that it just gives you a fast firing and high damage weapon. I'd say you COULD give it the rapid spread of the unupgraded plasma rifle as an altfire though. It'd certainly help out when you need things 100% gone from your face.

Oh, and dual wielding SMGs would be rad by the way.
AgentSpooks

Post by AgentSpooks »

As a Cyber Mage main and as Mainframe Archbishop(i like to think of lore stuff don't ask me about it yet) dual wielding SMGs would be 119% rad.

By the way you could create a discord server to better deal with suggestions, test build showcases and what not. I can make one for you if you'd like.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

AgentSpooks wrote:Mainframe Archbishop
I don't know why, but this title made me chuckle. :lol:
AgentSpooked wrote:By the way you could create a discord server to better deal with suggestions, test build showcases and what not. I can make one for you if you'd like.
Dunno if anyone would really be interested enough, though I will say Discord has a nice benefit in that even small servers can be useful.
I'll set one up and post a link in a few minutes, it's definitely an interesting idea.
Deii wrote:Oh boy, new class coming up?
Not sure if Dark Lord or Informant will be finished first, but yeah.
Deiii wrote:And well, it's not that it lacks usefulness. It's boring compared to most other upgrades, yes, but it's also practical in the sense that it just gives you a fast firing and high damage weapon. I'd say you COULD give it the rapid spread of the unupgraded plasma rifle as an altfire though. It'd certainly help out when you need things 100% gone from your face.
Seems like it would end up being a bit too powerful, but I like the idea so I'll try it. Will put it in my todo list.
Deiiii wrote:Oh, and dual wielding SMGs would be rad by the way.
Assassin will have dual SMGs, though I won't get around to implementing them for a while.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Discord server set up, here's a link: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Player weapon sprites are invisible now that I'm trying to get back into this mod. Using GZDoom 3.2.1. Any suggestions to try?

EDIT:

I can confirm this is also happening with GZDoom 3.2.5. Also, the mouse cursor is no longer working in the CBI menu as well.

Here is my load order: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxoq35t4ar3ks ... 4.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/koh1mhp0q031p ... 5.png?dl=0
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Patriot1776 wrote:Player weapon sprites are invisible now that I'm trying to get back into this mod. Using GZDoom 3.2.1. Any suggestions to try?

EDIT:

I can confirm this is also happening with GZDoom 3.2.5. Also, the mouse cursor is no longer working in the CBI menu as well.

Here is my load order: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxoq35t4ar3ks ... 4.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/koh1mhp0q031p ... 5.png?dl=0
Clear your config out. For some reason sometimes all the settings get set to 0, which causes all of that to happen.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”