Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Lithium [1.5.3 Update][Nov. 22]

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Patriot1776 wrote:
Guncaster does, along with the elephant mod in the room, 'Project Brutality'. Its a more realistic gameplay mechanic that I've come to regard as indispensable, being able to carry health items so you can take health with you as you go and patch yourself up right after firefights and not go scrounging through a level hunting for health items to heal yourself up. Since you don't plan to make those carry-able and/or purchaseable, I'm probably going to delete your mod after downloading it. Those are deal-breakers to me now.
I don't think any Doom-based mapset is made in mind with the ability to heal at will. Sure, buying health could be handy, but that's a huge balancing issue waiting to happen. As for a more "realistic" gameplay mechanic, uh...aight dude. Eat a Snickers on your way out.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

here have startan hell (wip M1A2 of map set)
Spoiler: bigk imag
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

I'd like to apologize to the mod author. I don't know what mood I was in when I made that post and I created drama here. I'm considering shutting down this user account now. Forum drama is something I loathe and I just created something I loathe...so this may be the last post ever by this user account.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Patriot1776 wrote:I'd like to apologize to the mod author. I don't know what mood I was in when I made that post and I created drama here. I'm considering shutting down this user account now. Forum drama is something I loathe and I just created something I loathe...so this may be the last post ever by this user account.
It's fine, you don't need to go that far. You just made a silly comment in a bad mood, we've all done that before, none of us here will think poorly of you for it. The fact that you apologized means way more than a simple off comment.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Yholl wrote:
Patriot1776 wrote:I'd like to apologize to the mod author. I don't know what mood I was in when I made that post and I created drama here. I'm considering shutting down this user account now. Forum drama is something I loathe and I just created something I loathe...so this may be the last post ever by this user account.
It's fine, you don't need to go that far. You just made a silly comment in a bad mood, we've all done that before, none of us here will think poorly of you for it. The fact that you apologized means way more than a simple off comment.
Thank you MUCH sir!

Anyway, the menu system takes a bit of getting used to, but its one of the best things about this mod. And from what playing I've done so far, primarily in the early levels, pre-Map07 of MM2 and Requiem, it seems even though most of the guns are clip fed, you have an infinite supply of 'clips' and the initial shotgun also has infinite ammo? At least that's what I can tell so far with the pistol, the initial shotgun and the AR rifle. Super Shotgun's nifty in having a 'double-shot' 4-shell firing primary attack that also uses four shells to reload. I just gotta learn to keep in mind I don't have inventory health items on me like I'm used to. The lore and email and log system in the menu is nice too.
AgentSpooks

Post by AgentSpooks »

I can confirm that the performance bug you get after playing for a while is tied to the rain and sky settings in the mod menu, as toggling them fixes any stuttering that may appear due to this bug.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Don't know if this is along the same lines as what AgentSpooks just stated or not, but I can also say if you are playing this with 'BEAMFLASHLIGHT.PK3', you have to get in the habit of turning off the flashlight before accessing the mod's elaborate menu, or things do become very stuttering also as soon as you access the menu with said flashlight turned on.
AgentSpooks

Post by AgentSpooks »

By the way, could we get some more details on how the attributes work, or perhaps their formulas?
I played through SgtMarkIV's hell on earth starter pack wad on Crazed Nightmare, to farm xp points and test the different attributes.
Stamina seems not to work until ~25-30 points when it suddenly starts giving you 1hp/2-3sec.
100 points in Luck provided a 50% score boost at best, although the increases had random values and my testing was inconsistent because of it.
Also it seems you can go over 100 in a stat, not sure if it is intended, but perhaps should be looked into.
This is giving me doomRPG vibes so and i can't stop thinking about a perk system for various attribute milestones(wink wink).
Either way awesome update, the performance bug seems to have disappeared suddenly now, not sure why.
(Edit**):I have discovered that health regen will regenerate health while you are below X health, X being however many points you invested in it.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

AgentSpooks wrote:By the way, could we get some more details on how the attributes work, or perhaps their formulas?
I played through SgtMarkIV's hell on earth starter pack wad on Crazed Nightmare, to farm xp points and test the different attributes.
Stamina seems not to work until ~25-30 points when it suddenly starts giving you 1hp/2-3sec.
100 points in Luck provided a 50% score boost at best, although the increases had random values and my testing was inconsistent because of it.
Also it seems you can go over 100 in a stat, not sure if it is intended, but perhaps should be looked into.
This is giving me doomRPG vibes so and i can't stop thinking about a perk system for various attribute milestones(wink wink).
Either way awesome update, the performance bug seems to have disappeared suddenly now, not sure why.
(Edit**):I have discovered that health regen will regenerate health while you are below X health, X being however many points you invested in it.
Sure. I should probably add some info pages on the attributes, originally there was going to be another category named "Yourself" which gave backstory and info on your abilities, but I never added it because the player's abilities were pretty much all just upgrades at that point. In the meantime, here's an explanation on all of them:
Attributes go from 0-150, with a fake cap of 100. After levelling past 100, the bar will become rainbow-colored.
ACC (Accuracy) multiplies your damage ACC/210 times.
DEF (Defense) protects you from all damage DEF/290 times.
STR (Strength) increases your health capacity by one for every point, and also increases your overhealth capacity.
VIT (Vitality) multiplies medikit and stimpack pickup gains by 1 + VIT/30.
STM (Stamina) regenerates your health up to STM+1 points every (175 - STM) / 37.5 * 15 gametics.
LUK (Luck) multiplies score gained by 1 + Random(0, LUK / 77.7).
RGE (Rage) adds RGE * damagetaken / 1000 to a damage multiplier that linearly interpolates away to 0 over time.

Perks are a cool idea, though it'll require some thinking. I'll definitely consider it, thanks for the feedback.
Patriot1776 wrote:Don't know if this is along the same lines as what AgentSpooks just stated or not, but I can also say if you are playing this with 'BEAMFLASHLIGHT.PK3', you have to get in the habit of turning off the flashlight before accessing the mod's elaborate menu, or things do become very stuttering also as soon as you access the menu with said flashlight turned on.
AgentSpooks wrote:I can confirm that the performance bug you get after playing for a while is tied to the rain and sky settings in the mod menu, as toggling them fixes any stuttering that may appear due to this bug.
I think I've fixed this now, not entirely sure.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

A cyberpunk RPG in DooM?
Unce Unce Unce Unce!
Condor-2-4-2

Post by Condor-2-4-2 »

Hello,

I have a question to Lithium 1.5.3, which I use with GZDoom 3.2.1 64bit. I want to play Doom 2 Vanilla with this mod. But in all difficulty settings I have infinite ammo for all weapons. Is this a bug or is there an option to change this?

Thanks for your reply,

Condor-2-4-2
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

the weapons in the first, second, third and fourth slot weapons have infinite ammo and the fifth, sixth, seventh, and the ssg's ammo are limited.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Hi, I'd like to report that the save game bugs are finally fixed in the engine as of GZDoom 3.2.3! After about an entire friggin' year!
Condor-2-4-2 wrote:Hello,

I have a question to Lithium 1.5.3, which I use with GZDoom 3.2.1 64bit. I want to play Doom 2 Vanilla with this mod. But in all difficulty settings I have infinite ammo for all weapons. Is this a bug or is there an option to change this?

Thanks for your reply,

Condor-2-4-2
Slot 1, 2, 3, and 4 weapons always have infinite ammo (sans super-shotgun.) If you want I can add an option that makes all slot 3 weapons take shells, but I can't add an option that makes slot 2 and 4 weapons take bullets, as I removed all bullet ammo pickups.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Marrub wrote:Hi, I'd like to report that the save game bugs are finally fixed in the engine as of GZDoom 3.2.3! After about an entire friggin' year!
Condor-2-4-2 wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your reply,

Condor-2-4-2
Slot 1, 2, 3, and 4 weapons always have infinite ammo (sans super-shotgun.) If you want I can add an option that makes all slot 3 weapons take shells, but I can't add an option that makes slot 2 and 4 weapons take bullets, as I removed all bullet ammo pickups.
What savegame bugs? I've been away for a good while and only recently started to reconnect.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Patriot1776 wrote:What savegame bugs? I've been away for a good while and only recently started to reconnect.
For a year or two, since the new JSON-based save system was implemented, ACS strings would get corrupted upon loading. This has finally been fixed in g3.2.3.
A lot of people have reported super weird issues stemming from this bug, so I'm quite glad it's fixed now. The game should over all be more stable on longer playthroughs.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”