Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: Lithium [1.5 Alpha 2/Jul. 7]

Post by chronoteeth »

dumb thing, but, how come I cant see any of of the weapon sprites?
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Marrub wrote:also I have created things that should not exist
I'm not sure if I should be excited or horrified, since this indicates that raw straight up leveling mechanics are coming for monsters and, hopefully, the players. Your damage doesn't scale that high so without it I don't know how fun it would be to fight enemies with that much health.

I'm going to be horricited I guess until I am told more. :lol:
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

chronoteeth wrote:dumb thing, but, how come I cant see any of of the weapon sprites?
wat
twinkieman93 wrote:
Marrub wrote:also I have created things that should not exist
I'm not sure if I should be excited or horrified, since this indicates that raw straight up leveling mechanics are coming for monsters and, hopefully, the players. Your damage doesn't scale that high so without it I don't know how fun it would be to fight enemies with that much health.

I'm going to be horricited I guess until I am told more. :lol:
Don't worry, the health numbers don't actually go that high, that was just me testing stuff. :P
Players don't have stats yet, but that's been in my plans for a very long time. It would require quite a lot of thinking and balance, which I would like to get done for monsters first.
Marrub

Re: Lithium [1.5 Beta/Jul. 17]

Post by Marrub »

Version 1.5 Beta (Pegmatite) has been released. Download
This update includes lots of cool stuff, and is more or less complete save for some of Cyber-Mage's upgrades and missing info pages.
The changelog can describe what I've added better. :P
Thanks for playing, everyone.

Changes:
Spoiler:
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Loving the update so far! I only have one real serious gripe with it atm and it's that Delear is obnoxiously blinding to use. I think it would be better if the orbs were floating to your sides/over your head rather than in front of your face; sure, you wouldn't be able to see them and using them in close quarters would be more difficult, but it would make using them out in the open less of a pain, and you can just have an "ammo" readout on the HUD similar to the Star Shot. Beyond fixing visibility issues I feel like it needs a use beyond "a budget Star Shot until you get the actual Star Shot spell", because right now I feel like it's just kind of eh. Maybe auto-homing capabilities like the seeker rounds the SMG has, thus making it easier to use on the move? *cough*homingsoulmass*cough* Oh, yeah, and a more esoteric-y name for Star Shot would be nice too, kinda weird to have Delear, Hulgyon, and then ~Star Shot~, lol

Other tweaks I think would be nice is making the Finalizer kill stuff at 50% HP or lower because as it stands most enemies I use it on are just barely above 40% HP when it gets down to the spell shot and as such I have to reload and finish them off the old-fashioned way. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying it, really, things will either die well before you get to that last bullet or things will be too healthy to die when you get there.

Oh right, and a pretty serious bug: At a certain point the phantom spawning breaks and I keep getting phase 3 Makarov over and over again. He keeps dropping the WRD too, it's weird. Dunno if this applies to the Marine.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

twinkieman93 wrote:Loving the update so far! I only have one real serious gripe with it atm and it's that Delear is obnoxiously blinding to use.
Hmm, I never thought of them as particularly hard to see over. There's nothing I can really do about that, that's just how it looks.
twinkieman94 wrote:Beyond fixing visibility issues I feel like it needs a use beyond "a budget Star Shot until you get the actual Star Shot spell", because right now I feel like it's just kind of eh. Maybe auto-homing capabilities like the seeker rounds the SMG has, thus making it easier to use on the move? *cough*homingsoulmass*cough*
Star Shot already has homing capabilities, so Delear shouldn't. The benefit of using it over Star Shot is that it's extremely cheap to use and does a very solid 25 or 50 damage per projectile.
Which reminds me that I forgot to change its cost from 40 mana back to 25 mana when testing. Whoops.
twinkieman95 wrote:Oh, yeah, and a more esoteric-y name for Star Shot would be nice too, kinda weird to have Delear, Hulgyon, and then ~Star Shot~, lol
I had an esoteric name for it but I didn't like it (the reference seemed too obvious.) I'll revise it.
twinkieman96 wrote:Other tweaks I think would be nice is making the Finalizer kill stuff at 50% HP or lower because as it stands most enemies I use it on are just barely above 40% HP when it gets down to the spell shot and as such I have to reload and finish them off the old-fashioned way. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying it, really, things will either die well before you get to that last bullet or things will be too healthy to die when you get there.
Good idea. Was originally going to be 50% but I was worried it might be too powerful. :P
twinkieman97 wrote:Oh right, and a pretty serious bug: At a certain point the phantom spawning breaks and I keep getting phase 3 Makarov over and over again. He keeps dropping the WRD too, it's weird. Dunno if this applies to the Marine.
Oh fucking fuck bullshit god damn it afasdfj;asdjgpwjegpk4kt02j3oe\ GOD DAMN OFF BY ONE ERRORS
fixed, thanks
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Dumb question,

WHY IS IT IN A PK7 NOT A PK3 AHHHHH
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'm not sure why that would be a problem? PK7 support has been in for a while now.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Status update for 1.5:
There's something weird causing the game to crash constantly and I have no idea what it is. I'll have to just.. look through every single change I've made and try to determine it, I guess. Besides that, I haven't had much motivation to finish all the sprites I need to call it complete, so that hasn't really gone anywhere.
I've polished some stuff and fixed some stuff but haven't really made any progress on the incomplete stuff. If I continue to be unable to muster any motivation, I'll probably just hide the cybermage class from the main menu and release it as-is... if I can figure out why it crashes.
potetobloke wrote:Dumb question,

WHY IS IT IN A PK7 NOT A PK3 AHHHHH
Because 7zip compresses better than zip. Why?
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Because Slade can't open a pk7, I don't know why but it wont.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

potetobloke wrote:Because Slade can't open a pk7, I don't know why but it wont.
All sources are available on the git repository. For releases, I just run the package script.
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

>using GzDoom 3.0.1
>load up 1.5 beta
>start new game
>map loads
>promptly quits to console
>wat

It complains about some kind of Lithium server.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

THINGS EMIT

PRETTY RAIN
Spoiler: big image
ION RIFLE
MENUS
TootsyBowl wrote:>using GzDoom 3.0.1
>load up 1.5 beta
>start new game
>map loads
>promptly quits to console
>wat

It complains about some kind of Lithium server.
Use GZDoom 3.1.0.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

I did a few dozen tests. I think The Gun might need a tiny buff in the targeting department.

Also, I hope a proper fireball spell is planned.
Campbell

Post by Campbell »

Why my game couldn't draw monsters? In console it said:

LITH_XH_REVENANT AT (-944.0, 1888.0) HAS NO FRAME
LITH_XH_REVENANT AT (48.0, 1888.0) HAS NO FRAME
LITH_XH_REVENANT AT (-944.0, 1936.0) HAS NO FRAME
LITH_XH_REVENANT AT (48.0, 1936.0) HAS NO FRAME

It happened everytime I launched a new game. Can you help me out here?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”