D4D - v3 Alpha 8.8 Final (11/22/2020)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Credits mode (Again!?)

Keep as is
29%
Modify: Doom 2016-esque (see p. 49)
66%
Modify: Other (explain please)
No votes
Remove
5%

Total votes: 86

Becc

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 7 - On Hiatus - p. 37

Post by Becc »

I think I've encountered a bug with the latest "BLEEDING EDGE" release.
I was playing through Ultimate Doom with the wad, and when I tried to reload saves on both of the major boss levels (E2M8 and E3M8) the level would end prematurely and give me the outro screen.
I tested both levels without the wad and I was able to reload my test save just fine. Has this been reported already?
Just thought you should know. :)
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Alright, I'll take a look into it soon.

I've pushed a commit that fixes the options menu, not realizing that the way it was, it would break the ability for other menu adders like DamNums from correctly displaying at all. The only downside is, the options are now on the bottom. But I suppose that's hardly much of an issue compared to being unable to toggle or edit the DamNum preferences.
Dieagamer101

Post by Dieagamer101 »

DBT,Major Cooke and the reast of the Doom 4 for doom team! I love doom 4 for doom and have a few suggestions for it. i already made a comment about this, but i really just want to see these changes soon so I'll just reapet myself just one more time. I dont want to sound demanding or anything, but suggesting this to you, one of the creators of the mod, i just really want these changes. so here we go: #1. I wish the glory kill animations were a bit gorier and a few different glory kill animations, #2. i wish there were the option of ledge grabbing animations were available so that we know that we know are ledge grabbing, and #3. I wish the melee attacks were done with guns rather than a fist. let explain. in doom 2016, the melee attacks were hitting things with your gun, and i really, really, really want to see that with this mod. zionv8 does this well, but D4D just does everything better, so if there were any changes to be made to this mod, please at least use my 3rd suggestion. thank you for reading my post if you do. I made a zdoom account for this weebsite just so that I can say my suggestions to the d4d team and have a chance of my suggestions being heard. I absolutely love D4D. Keep up the good work!
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

I've downloaded the Doom4Doom-master ZIP and I've downloaded the d4dResources PK3. How do I load them into the game?

I've got GZD 2.2 and I dragged and dropped the files onto it but it didn't load.

Sorry for the noob question...
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Dieagamer101 wrote:DBT,Major Cooke and the reast of the Doom 4 for doom team! I love doom 4 for doom and have a few suggestions for it. i already made a comment about this, but i really just want to see these changes soon so I'll just reapet myself just one more time. I dont want to sound demanding or anything, but suggesting this to you, one of the creators of the mod, i just really want these changes. so here we go: #1. I wish the glory kill animations were a bit gorier and a few different glory kill animations, #2. i wish there were the option of ledge grabbing animations were available so that we know that we know are ledge grabbing, and #3. I wish the melee attacks were done with guns rather than a fist. let explain. in doom 2016, the melee attacks were hitting things with your gun, and i really, really, really want to see that with this mod. zionv8 does this well, but D4D just does everything better, so if there were any changes to be made to this mod, please at least use my 3rd suggestion. thank you for reading my post if you do. I made a zdoom account for this weebsite just so that I can say my suggestions to the d4d team and have a chance of my suggestions being heard. I absolutely love D4D. Keep up the good work!
DBThanatos is no longer associated with D4D at all.

1. You can always up the amount of gore via the gore settings.
2. Ledge grabbing will eventually get an animation as soon as I can ensure everything's working properly.
3. There are no sprites to make that happen. Zion did it because they recorded the actual weapons in Doom 2016. We were given our sprites by Neccronixis. who did not create melee sprites with the weapon. Because of that, this is impossible. Sorry to disappoint. :(

Thanks for the feedback though!
Outtagum wrote:I've downloaded the Doom4Doom-master ZIP and I've downloaded the d4dResources PK3. How do I load them into the game?

I've got GZD 2.2 and I dragged and dropped the files onto it but it didn't load.
You need a devbuild to play it now.
I updated the front page with more specific instructions on installing the mod that should help you out.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

If someone can create a top-down view of the weapons (or, more like a "9/8" top-down view of the weapon), I could make some decent melee sprites, I think...
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Thanks very much for the updated loading instructions. I'm now having a lot of fun.:)
panzerfaustmna

Post by panzerfaustmna »

Akimbo weapons dont spent bullets! How can it be fixed?
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

By waiting for the feature to be finished.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Indeed. It's still not finished, and it'll take a while to complete due to real life for now. Currently, the big thing I want to ensure is that the guns actually work.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Just wanted to update everyone, I'm slowly working on some patch fixes for this with what little time I have, and this mod should be fully compatible with GZDoom's newest release, 3.2.

Haven't tried it out entirely just yet but it should be.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Any difference between this zscript mod and D4D 2.03 DECORATE editions? Yes, i have it.
I start learn script and want to look how correctly define translation decorate to zscript.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

(I really need to stop speaking for mod creators (hugely bad habit of mine, I've noticed), but)

This entire thread is the difference between 2.0.3 and the current release.
Major Cooke

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 7 - Slowly coming back - p. 38

Post by Major Cooke »

That statement is basically D4D v3 in a nutshell. Completely converted over to ZScript. Do you dare take a peek at the code behind the akimbo system, or the menu? :twisted:

Anyway, the semester is almost out which means I have time to work on the mod again. Hooray! There's a massive commit in the works that's going to change a lot of things, and will bump up the GZDoom version requirement to 3.2.3.
  • Replaced the beam system entirely. Beams now use a model, which cuts down the number of actors spawned in half, greatly optimizing every beam in the game.
  • Added the rest of the fire modes to the akimbo system.
  • Added a custom previous/next weapon select keybind that never selects the akimbo system.
  • Static Rifle
    • Decreased no upgrade's drain rate from 4 to 3 (buff)
    • Fully upgraded now has a cooldown for each extra shot each time you fire during the drain. This all depends on the power of the beam when you spam the attack. (nerf) This penalty does not apply to the very first shot which starts the drain.
  • Added some new attacks to the Rainbow Doom(4) monsters
This may be split up into different commits over time though.
Valherran

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 7 - Slowly coming back - p. 38

Post by Valherran »

Very nice. Glad to see the ball rolling again!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”