D4D - v3 Alpha 8.8 Final (11/22/2020)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Credits mode (Again!?)

Keep as is
29%
Modify: Doom 2016-esque (see p. 49)
66%
Modify: Other (explain please)
No votes
Remove
5%

Total votes: 86

Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 7 (06/05/2017) Akimbo Update Pt 1

Post by Major Cooke »

Great! Thanks!

In the mean time, I managed to fix the resolution issue. Was a lot simpler than I thought it would be.

Also, I wonder Xeotroid... I can't remember if you posted all the other weapon sounds or not, but if you could grab those too, it'd be appreciated.

I've been wanting to actually correct the super shotgun reloading speed timing and all.
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

I know it's been a while since you mentioned this but...
Major Cooke wrote:In other news, Hege Cactus has granted me permission to use the core concept/base idea behind Colorful Hell for D4D. You can expect a variation of colorful D4D monsters coming soon to accompany the akimbo updates.

Don't worry, you'll be able to toggle them on and off with the monster slider that determines whether to use the current D4D monsters or classic ones. This will only be for D4D monsters for the time being, though.

I can see it now. White level zombiemen with siege mode gauss cannons. Holy shit. (That's just an idea, it probably won't come to that.)
...color me very interested in this (pun probably intended; YMMV). Looking forward to giving this a spin when it comes out in a future Alpha update. :D
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Major Cooke wrote:Also, I wonder Xeotroid... I can't remember if you posted all the other weapon sounds or not, but if you could grab those too, it'd be appreciated.
Sure, here are the singleplayer weapon sounds: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... XNNNHVOZ28
And in case you need them, the monster sounds: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... lVHOGxpTWM
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

@Nems: It'll be called Rainbow Doom though since it'll be reworked from the ground up -- kinda have to at any rate, the monsters in colorful hell are all based on vanilla doom 2 while D4D's rainbow editions will be solely focused upon the D4D enemies.

@Xeotriod: Huge thanks man! :mrgreen:
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Xeotroid wrote:Alright, I got around to finding and converting the sounds of multiplayer weapons (Thanks DoomKrakken for reminding me :D). I found some interesting things, but I haven't played much of the multiplayer, so I don't know which sounds are and aren't used in the game. There's also a text file with notes included. If you find some sounds you want pre-mixed in a particular way, let me know.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... EJlTWN4ZDg
I was almost worried that I would be pestering you about that... good to know I wasn't... :D And thank you so much for these sounds! These are so valuable!

More pestering inbound, sorry... XD

I'm finding that the sounds for the Reaper and the Mark V Pistol aren't included...

There's something bothering me about the Chaingun mod switching sounds... the ones provided aren't the complete sound sequence, as there are more sounds involved than just the ones we see here. Would you be able to find the rest of these sounds? Many DOOM-related mods have the complete sound sequence for the faster switch, but not for the slower switch. That's probably why they split up the sound sequence into a bunch of individual sounds.

You can hear them clearly here...

Have any idea where to find these?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

...okay I bite my tongue. That last fix only destroyed the number counters so I'll need to think of a better way to fix the huds. Damn.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Okay. Added a basic rudimentary Rainbow Doom(4) monster type selection in the D4D options menu. What's in so far:
  • Color coding akin to Colorful Hell (I repeat, he gave me permission to use the idea, but that's all I'm doing -- everything is being remade from the ground up)
  • Increased pinata pickup amounts, cash and crates
  • Rarity + Health buffing per each
To-do:
  • Add unique attacks/behaviors based on color.
  • Balance.
  • Increase demon rune drop chances + multiple rune drops
  • Add powerup drops + the occasional rare weapon drop.
  • Add warnings when higher rarity enemies spawn, probably with a hud indicator via a compass like Doom 4's along with an accumulator stating how many blacks and whites spawned and of what types.
Also added the chaingun secondary fire modes to the akimbo system, but it may act weird. It's still not finished either but it should otherwise operate fine regardless, aside shooting bullets out the wrong positions with the mobile turret. :P
Last edited by Major Cooke on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

DoomKrakken wrote:There's something bothering me about the Chaingun mod switching sounds... the ones provided aren't the complete sound sequence, as there are more sounds involved than just the ones we see here. Would you be able to find the rest of these sounds? Many DOOM-related mods have the complete sound sequence for the faster switch, but not for the slower switch. That's probably why they split up the sound sequence into a bunch of individual sounds.

You can hear them clearly here...
Sounds like it's just the two switch sounds I provided played in succession. Try playing sfx_wpn_sp_switchToTurret, followed by sfx_wpn_sp_switchToSpin, I think that sounds like it. I'm not sure why the files are named like that, but there are no other sounds similar to those in the video in the chaingun folder.

As for the other two weapons... I can't find them. Are you sure the pistol doesn't just have, well, pistol sounds from the campaign? And it's possible that I already included the Reaper as the "hellified shotgun" in the archive I posted, the gun's description on Doom Wiki seems to imply that it's a shotgun-like weapon. That raises the question of where the Hellshot sounds are, though and, well, I have no idea.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

If you watch further, you can also hear a sound sequence for the Gatling Rotator.

It's very strange that those sounds wouldn't be included in the folder. The only other possible explanation is that maybe they're used elsewhere, and more commonly there, so it'd be put into one of those folders. I'd say an ambience or machinery sound folder. That'd be a brute-force attempt based purely on speculation, which would likely be inefficient.

Do you think there'd be a way for you to just rip and record those sound sequences from the game itself? That'd probably be the next best thing...

The Mark V Pistol sounds nothing like the one from the campaign... XD

You can hear what it sounds like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUblQM5dyU

The "hellified shotgun" may have some of the sounds for the Reaper, but it doesn't seem to have all of them.

Also, the Hellshot's sounds can be found in the "flare_rifle" folder. The sound file "ui_Flare_alt_recharged_S.ogg" (which belongs to the Hellshot) is found in the "mp-weapons" folder.
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Yeah, I just used the internal folder names. It makes sense, I couldn't find anything about a Flare Rifle anywhere, so I guess it was supposed to be a regular human-made rifle before they turned it into a hellified gun.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I think it's called the "Hellshot" because it runs off of pure Argent energy... the "unusable" raw energy, not yet refined into Argent Plasma. And it is still basically a flare rifle. It ignites people. Well... at least the alt-fire. :D
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Rocket launcher is fully akimbo-ized.
Monsters now have colored gibs and blood based on tier. Also, gibs are affected by velocity when a monster dies (meaning hitting an enemy with a BFG or nailing them with the Carrion primary will now reward you with hilariously flying gibs).
Pinatas are working again. The system accidentally ignored how many pinatas to drop and only gave one of each.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

I may have found a bug.
After a death exit, I still have all my upgrades -- this is probably intentional. However, medkits only heal me up to 100 hp now, even though I have all health upgrades.
Soulsphere and syphon grenades work without trouble.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

As they said before, "F*** DEATH EXITS."
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Definitely will have to fix that, because yup. FUCK death exits. Fuck every single one of em.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”