D4D - v3 Alpha 8.8 Final (11/22/2020)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Credits mode (Again!?)

Keep as is
29%
Modify: Doom 2016-esque (see p. 49)
66%
Modify: Other (explain please)
No votes
Remove
5%

Total votes: 86

Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 1 (1/15/17) [DRDBuilds]

Post by Major Cooke »

It's on the front page too.
snarkel

Post by snarkel »

Major Cooke wrote:You're not supposed to extract them. Also don't download from github itself. Use the links on the front page at the top.
No, I meant the folder in the zip, I cant take them outside of it. But I noticed someone mention that I need a dev build so that could be the problem, I'll try that out and get back on it.

EDIT: Yep, that and the new PK3's fixed the issues, thanks!
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Okay everyone. The next few devbuilds themselves may or may not have a few crashes in them.

I'm currently using this version which appears the most stable so far. Stick to this one for now until I can make sure the following devbuilds are safe to use.
mamaluigisbagel
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Just a random thing that might be a tiny bit helpful concerning the stuck ammo pickup graphics. I noticed it seems to work as intended for every enemy EXCEPT normal zombiemen. Sergeants, imps, etc so far no issue.

Honestly only other bugs I've noticed from a full Ultimate Doom playthrough are the usual gauss/static decals and ledge grabbing, but those have already been discussed. (I believe decals can't be fixed and you mentioned ledge grabbing is getting overhauled)

EDIT: Spoke too soon. After getting to Waste Tunnels, restarting, and getting bonus for Entryway, I noticed I had way too many credits. New game, had 8000+ credits. I'm guessing it kept the amount of credits I started the Waste Tunnels with when I started a new game.

Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Will be fixed soon.
TheCrimsonFucker

Post by TheCrimsonFucker »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:Just a random thing that might be a tiny bit helpful concerning the stuck ammo pickup graphics. I noticed it seems to work as intended for every enemy EXCEPT normal zombiemen. Sergeants, imps, etc so far no issue.

Honestly only other bugs I've noticed from a full Ultimate Doom playthrough are the usual gauss/static decals and ledge grabbing, but those have already been discussed. (I believe decals can't be fixed and you mentioned ledge grabbing is getting overhauled)

EDIT: Spoke too soon. After getting to Waste Tunnels, restarting, and getting bonus for Entryway, I noticed I had way too many credits. New game, had 8000+ credits. I'm guessing it kept the amount of credits I started the Waste Tunnels with when I started a new game.

Sorry, but I saw that you have all doom level in one WAD where can I find this?
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

TheCrimsonFucker

Caligari87 wrote:WADSmoosh

8-)
Thanks, and sorry for off-topic but how i should rename "master levels" and "no rest for the living" wads that the program could see them.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

TheCrimsonFucker wrote:Thanks, and sorry for off-topic but how i should rename "master levels" and "no rest for the living" wads that the program could see them.
You don't.
Spoiler:
You just drop them in exactly like that.
TheCrimsonFucker

Eruanna wrote:
TheCrimsonFucker wrote:Thanks, and sorry for off-topic but how i should rename "master levels" and "no rest for the living" wads that the program could see them.
You don't.
Spoiler:
You just drop them in exactly like that.
Thanks.
TheCrimsonFucker

Some suggestions for future versions:
1. Take a footsteps sound from D4T(if dbthanatos give a permission for that of course) because half-life sounds is not feet to the doom in my opinion.
2. Take imp, pinky, lost soul, cacodemon, revenant and hell knight sprites from Phobos867's add-on, but re-edit hell knight sprite and give him normal legs instead of hooves, and for baron of hell take from this guy viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54673 Phobos already take revenant sprite from him.
3. Make a new hands and legs for doomguy.
4. Please please I beg you take crosshairs from zion.
5. Fix voxel option - when I quit the game and play it again, option for voxels not saves and always set to off. And in general it is a bug or a feature? =)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think persistence is the best option for suggesting stuff... :|
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Also, the way you request those sounds more that you are demanding than only suggesting.
mamaluigisbagel
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Just a note on that credits bug, since I was using Complete Doom/Wadsmoosh I guess maybe it could've been the reason? May test without it and check.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Oh relax you guys, he clearly said suggestions at the top. Anyway responses in red.
TheCrimsonFucker wrote:Some suggestions for future versions:
1. Take a footsteps sound from D4T(if dbthanatos give a permission for that of course) because half-life sounds is not feet to the doom in my opinion.
Hah. I don't need permission. I'm half a mind in thinking DBThanatos might be expecting me to take things from it. Grenade launcher, anyone? ;)
2. Take imp, pinky, lost soul, cacodemon, revenant and hell knight sprites from Phobos867's add-on, but re-edit hell knight sprite and give him normal legs instead of hooves, and for baron of hell take from this guy viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54673 Phobos already take revenant sprite from him.

3. Make a new hands and legs for doomguy.
4. Please please I beg you take crosshairs from zion.
Addressing 2-4, if someone else wants to do it, go right ahead. I'm not going to do it myself as I have bigger things to worry about.
5. Fix voxel option - when I quit the game and play it again, option for voxels not saves and always set to off. And in general it is a bug or a feature? =)
I cannot. I already posted about it and Graf said it was a debug option, really. It wasn't meant to stay off (which I think is a terrible idea myself).
The credits bug was my fault. I've fixed it on my end, and pushed it to the repository. Sorry for taking so long but real life has been keeping my hands tied.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”