D4D - v3 Alpha 8.8 Final (11/22/2020)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Credits mode (Again!?)

Keep as is
29%
Modify: Doom 2016-esque (see p. 49)
66%
Modify: Other (explain please)
No votes
Remove
5%

Total votes: 86

Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 3 (04/22/2017)

Post by Xeotroid »

Alright, have some more sounds. It's all of the singleplayer weapons plus some stuff like melee sounds and dropped shells. No multiplayer weapons yet, but I'll do them soon.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... XNNNHVOZ28
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

SWEETNESS! Thanks, dude! :D

I downloaded it, but it appears a few sounds are missing... for example, the shortened sound for when you have the quick-deploy micro missiles, the beep sound that plays for charging up the combat shotgun's Burst Shot mod, and the sound sequences that are used for installing the Gatling Rotator and Mobile Turret.
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

I tried to look after those and managed to find only the chaingun mod equip sounds. Here they are, and the full link above is also updated: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... W96Y09YYjg

I couldn't find the HAR micro-missiles sounds, is it possible that the game simply cuts off the sound? The shotgun beep was even worse, I couldn't find anything like that. I did find a beep noise that did sound similar, but it was a single beep that was too short (when I placed two of them after each other based on a recording from the game, they didn't join up and it was very noticable when I tried to just stick them together) and would have to go through much more post-processing than the in-game noise.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I think you misunderstood... those aren't the full sounds... and the sounds you provided were already in the pack. Were there other sounds that were supposed to play when mods were to switch?

I suppose then some of these should be obtained through SnapMap recording, as usual. It's alright. :)

Thanks for the sounds!
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Oh, right. I didn't notice that. Yeah, I wasn't comparing the sounds with what they sound in the game except the shotgun and Gauss cannon. I'll check it out later, make some footage and try to recreate the sounds, though with some things like the Gauss cannon might be better to use in-game recordings as the amount of the game's own processing is too big and convoluted for me to emulate easily.
DMBimNagua

Post by DMBimNagua »

Hey, there's a problem with the Doom 4 HUD that came with this mod, every time I switch to the BFG 9000 (I was using cheats to test the weapons), it end the game with the error:
Spoiler:
I checked the load order and it was arranged just as it should be. When setting my screen size to 11 and Enable Alternative HUD, it worked fine but the ammo for other weapons is not counted with the alternative HUD and only the BFG ammo is shown. How do I fix this? :cry:
Attachments
Here's the error
Here's the error
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Download the latest devbuild of GZDoom, it's a problem that's been fixed in the engine itself very recently.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 2 -- More upgrades!

Post by Graf Zahl »

Major Cooke wrote:you may come across small instances of short freezes more often than before. This is normal. It's just OpenAL loading the files in which can get a little annoying.
Just FYI: Doing some benchmarks shows that loading Ogg sounds with libsndfile as used by the OpenAL backend takes approx. twice as long as loading them with FMod. My guess would be that FMod is streaming them into the buffer in the background. Nevertheless, even that takes long enough for some slight stuttering as loading the sounds for morphing into a Baron takes approx. 2 frames even with FMod.
But what's causing those small stutters is not that but the fact that the sounds get loaded twice, both as stereo and mono, and decoded independently for both. I hope this can be rewritten to load the sound only once and then create two buffers instead of loading and decoding it twice. That's just inefficient.

Ultimately, it's just large sounds and then loading lots of them. Such a 30kb Ogg decodes to a 400kb WAV, that's roughly 20x the size of an original Doom sound, so loading it takes more time. And loading it twice, well...
Sgt Nate V

Post by Sgt Nate V »

Apparently, GPL license issues caused the removal of FMOD.
https://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7610
Graf Zahl at DRD Team forums wrote: FMod has been removed because of the license change to GPL which it is incompatible with.
Edit:I just tried the new GZDoom devbuild my god they fucking merged it with QZDoom holy shit
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 2 -- More upgrades!

Post by Major Cooke »

Graf Zahl wrote:Ultimately, it's just large sounds and then loading lots of them. Such a 30kb Ogg decodes to a 400kb WAV, that's roughly 20x the size of an original Doom sound, so loading it takes more time. And loading it twice, well...
Is there any better sound formats you'd recommend? Seriously. I've been wondering myself about if there's better formats.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

@Xeotroid

Here's a request for a sound... Can you get the BFG's charging/firing sound that happens when executing a Glory Kill on the Spider Mastermind? :D
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 4 (04/30/2017)

Post by Major Cooke »

Alpha 4 released. This is a minor bugfix patch that also marks certified compatibility with GZDoom 3.0.

In particular, the syphon grenade was misbehaving.

Also the ammo remover has been changed. To use it now, RemoveAmmo in console (no spaces). This will remove all ammo actors from the map. I made this so maps like New Gothic Movement 2 Beta's final boss level is actually playable now, provided you don't mind using either infinite ammo or just relying on monster drops/demon runes a lot.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

v3 Alpha 4 04-30-2017, GZDoom 3.0.0 fresh install

The reticle shows on the automap:

Also, is there a way to scale the Kill/Item/Secret counters on the map?

I have everything in the HUD Scaling menu turned up to 5 and they're still unscaled:

Alsø alsø, the backpack ammo overflow bars or whatever you call them aren't showing, even though the health and armor bars are.

doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

Can someone explain difference between alpha4 and bleeding edge version.
I just wanted to know difference out of curosity.
Amujing

Post by Amujing »

doomguy214 wrote:Can someone explain difference between alpha4 and bleeding edge version.
I just wanted to know difference out of curosity.
As normaly for every software dev term:
The bleeding edge is the version with many new thing add in, is so new that its contain many bug, you want it? use it but accect that is buggy
The normal Alpha version is where the new thing is had been watch, care, fix bug or remove new code that not working. It more stable than Edgy version, but wasn't state of the new really stable to pump full releasing yet so it still in alpha, beta ...

IMPOV (In my Point of View) :|

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”