D4D - v3 Alpha 8.8 Final (11/22/2020)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Credits mode (Again!?)

Keep as is
29%
Modify: Doom 2016-esque (see p. 49)
66%
Modify: Other (explain please)
No votes
Remove
5%

Total votes: 86

Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 2 -- More upgrades!

Post by Xeotroid »

I extracted some Cyberdemon sounds and processed them a bit (mostly just combining left-normal/right-subwoofer tracks to mono sounds, suitable for 3D) since I noticed the ones currently in the mod aren't from the new game (Where are the current ones from, anyway? They do sound cool). If you want to use them, feel free to do so. I can supply other sounds, if you want. :D
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... XBaVGNiblE
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

DBT pulled them all from Doom 3. I would love it if we can also get the spider mastermind sounds. :D

These are amazing. Excellent work! I'll slot them in as soon as I can.
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Alright, here's some Mastermind sounds: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... W9oQ3oxQTA
Again, I mostly just made it stereo / mono with some compressor thrown in sometimes to avoid clipping. I have no idea what the long scream sounds are for as I haven't heard them in the game and frankly, they are horrifying. (Edit: Oh, and Audacity saved the "FL Studio 12" metadata tag on all files even though I used it only for the death sound. GG.)
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Awesome!
Can you find me the BFG ammo pickup sound effect next please, from the single player? It's different from the multiplayer one, which just re-uses the large pickup ammo sound effect.

Also for that matter, can you acquire all the pickup noises?
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Alright, got some pickup sounds. A lot of pick-up sounds are in a folder with multiplayer stuff (mainly health, armour and generic ammo sounds), but the BFG sound you wanted was elseswhere, so hopefully it's the right one. I found some demon rune and possession sounds from multiplayer, too, I'm not sure if they're really useful, though. Some player sounds are there, too, like impact compensation and double jump sounds. And lastly, a few GUI effects for menus. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... VN4dzUtQUU

I have quite a lot of footstep, melee and foley sounds for the player but I haven't gotten around to processing them. It's mostly just mixing channels and avoiding clipping, but there's a lot of them. It might be worth it to combine the player's movement sounds (quiet suit and cloth noises) and footstep sounds.

EDIT: And since I like Summoners, here are their sounds: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... XdseS02Wlk I pretty much just converted them to Ogg and categorised a bit better than they were before.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I remember that ZION also had BFG ammo pickup sounds...

Hey Xeotroid... would you be able to get all the monster/weapon/item sounds into one download?
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Alright, here's the monsters: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... lVHOGxpTWM
There should be all that are in D4D (no Hell Guard nor multiplayer-only monsters), including those I already posted here. I'm going to collect the weapons sounds later.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Sweet, thanks! :D

Dude, these are beautiful! :D Although one thing that's missing is the Cyberdemon's intro scream... and you also have another ZIP file with the Summoner's sounds nested within the Summoner's folder.

But other than that, this is amazing work! I absolutely love that you even combined a couple of the start/loop sounds too, so that'll make things tons easier! :D
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

I did include the Cyberdemon scream, it's named sightRev.ogg. I took the regular scream and added some reverb to the latter half because usually he doesn't scream right in your face like in the new Doom, not to mention the dry (unreverberated) growl at the end would sound weird. And the Summoner .zip file... yeah, I just packed all folders I had before into one file and didn't notice it. :D
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Alrighty...

Oh, that was it? SightRev.ogg? Huh... ok, I see now. :)

Could I still have the unedited one, please? :D
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Sure, here it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B828- ... E01OEVaR2c
I just converted it from Wav (since the game uses Wwise, I think the actual sounds are stored in a special format or in Ogg, but the extractor tool had problems when converting it to something compressed) and removed the subwoofer channel.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Thanks. :D
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Much appreciated Xeotroid! :D

-----

Just a heads up, sometime soon there is going to be a GINORMOUS commit being made to D4D's repository that's going to completely rework the status bars, and I expect there will be bugs. Added onto this, the new sound effects. Lots to test when it happens.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Erm... sorry to ask Xeotroid, but, do you have the casing sounds? Or the ones in d4d resources are the original? They look like high-pitched versions of Doom 3 ones...
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Just pushed out a big update to bleeding edge. Note, you'll need to download the github version of D4DResources.

The biggest change of all, at along last, is the status bars. About a third of it has been converted over to ZScript. There is currently no full screen HUD yet, because I literally just finished the base status bar. Full screen is coming next, as soon as I can figure out how it works.

I'm hesitant to mark it as Alpha 3 right now because I don't know how well it'll handle. You will need a devbuild, though. 2.4 will not suffice for this.

Hopefully, just hopefully, this will cure some of the weird status bar crap that's been happening since 2.0.3. I'm praying it does.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”