Doom: Fireworks Mod [WIP]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
NantoCodd

Re: Doom: Fireworks Mod [WIP]

Post by NantoCodd »

Hey, this is pretty fun!

I have some suggestions
- it will be great if player can drop unlit firework, so we can set up traps or to set a chain reaction of fireworks
- since 100 strip works as continous explosion, how about altfire throw? And even better, but idk if it's possible, the throw have chance to stick the strip on the demon body. Imagine a pinky running around with strip explosion around it...
- random chance for toxic barrels to be replace by a huge pile of miscellaneous fireworks. Player can pick it up, or shoot it to create REEKRIS moment.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

• Step 1
Open the console and type the following:

Code: Select all

give weapons
sv_fastweapons 2
sv_infiniteammo 1
• Step 2
Select the bottle rockets.

• Step 3
Hold down the fire button and strafe in a big semi-circle facing your unsuspecting foes.

• Step 4
Enjoy the lethal lights show. :D

(Also I second the movement to allow us to drop unlit fireworks. Perhaps alt-fire could do the job?)

EDIT: Aww, Deii beat me to this awesome way to play. Still, it is fun. Anyone who has yet to try this must try this.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

@NantoCodd About the alt-fire or the 100 strip. I was going to make it so that pressing alt-fire on the M-1000 and 100 Strip would set down an unignited version that would be able to be set off by other fireworks. Maybe I'll reconsider though, since I like the idea of making sticky 100 Strips. I could just make that it's own weapon though. Also I really like the idea of the assorted fireworks replacing barrels.

@SidDoyle Thanks for telling me how to do that. The other guy mentioned that before, but I'll have to admit that I didn't know what he meant by fast weapons. Now I realize that it's a cheat code. Thanks for the info!
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Hey, in case you guys are wondering what's going on with this mod, I'm waiting until firework stands open near me this summer so I can get some stuff to get ideas from and make sprites from.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Sounds neat. And good to see this thread is alive. Also it might be a good reference to lit up some fireworks in real life, rather than searching through some firework videos.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

You could replace the plasma rifle with some rapid fire roman candles and some other weapons with "offensive" or weaponized fireworks. Go nuts with the BFG9000, there's so many possibilities!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”