D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby Aethun » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Whooooaaauuuuuu!! I love the posibilities of this mod with Zan (hou hou hou! Invasion... come with meeeeeee!)
Any posibility to include a DM mode with all weapons and mod weapons? Like SP. I dont like MP in Doom 4 around weapons play concept. And I dont like static rifle, grenade launcher and MP Doom 4 weapons, except the Repeater, very usefull in MP. I Think this weapons are Quake Champions beta weapons... dont feel Doom in this.
And last question in GZdoom. How to down the speed of players? Like this but its very crazyness :lol:
Excellent work.

PD: I like very much the upgrade concept by points like D4D. I like more direct upgrades. Sincerely, at the momento, in my short plays, i dont see any upgrade items :cry:
Last edited by Aethun on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aethun
 
Joined: 06 Jun 2016

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby bigboss96 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Stuka wrote:The guide says:
"Since demon runes are a kind of powerup, as penalization, after morphing back from demon form the player will lose all surplus armor and health he had"

I forgot to read the guide. Thanks for the reply.
User avatar
bigboss96
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2016

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby DBThanatos » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Aethun wrote:Whooooaaauuuuuu!! I love the posibilities of this mod with Zan (hou hou hou! Invasion... come with meeeeeee!)
Any posibility to include a DM mode with all weapons and mod weapons? Like SP. I dont like MP in Doom 4 around weapons play concept. And I dont like static rifle, grenade launcher and MP Doom 4 weapons, except the Repeater, very usefull in MP. I Think this weapons are Quake Champions beta weapons... dont feel Doom in this.
And last question in GZdoom. How to down the speed of players? Like this but its very crazyness :lol:
Excellent work.

PD: I like very much the upgrade concept by points like D4D. I like more direct upgrades. Sincerely, at the momento, in my short plays, i dont see any upgrade items :cry:


Not trying to sound like a negative nancy here but...

Aethun wrote:Whooooaaauuuuuu!! I love the posibilities of this mod with Zan (hou hou hou! Invasion... come with meeeeeee!)

As mentioned before in this thread, invasion is not currently functional. We're trying to make it work, but we're only 50% there.

Aethun wrote:Any posibility to include a DM mode with all weapons and mod weapons? Like SP.

Definitely not.

Aethun wrote:And I dont like static rifle, grenade launcher and MP Doom 4 weapons, except the Repeater, very usefull in MP.

You like only the one weapon we didnt include? :laff:

Aethun wrote:I Think this weapons are Quake Champions beta weapons... dont feel Doom in this.

But they are in doom4, so they belong here too.

Aethun wrote:And last question in GZdoom. How to down the speed of players? Like this but its very crazyness :lol:

That's something I might have an option for, only for DM, in a later version. I agree that it's a bit too fast to play in any proper strategic manner.

Aethun wrote:PD: I like very much the upgrade concept by points like D4D. I like more direct upgrades. Sincerely, at the momento, in my short plays, i dont see any upgrade items :cry:

Completely on purpose. I HATE the whole "in 3 maps i already acquired my main mods". It creates straight forward patterns of "buy x, buy y, buy z", because those are the player's favorites. And I acknowledge this because that's how I ended playing d4d. It bored me to death.

In D4T this random system is completely on purpose. And I know some people don't get it, and think the upgrades are too rare; usually because, as you said, you're doing "short plays", and while this is most playable in short stuff, it's aimed for long plays. The whole point of getting something randomly is to feel good when you finally get it, instead of getting desperate because you're expecting it constantly.

I've always liked diablo (1 & 2) and games like that, where you'd get some really good random drop every few moons, and then you really appreciated it, as opossed to being able to buy it at any given point.

Look, I appreciate your feedback, but seems that at a conceptual level, this is not the mod for you: D4D is more aligned to what you want. Several of the things you want here are exactly the things I left out on purpose.



[edit] To elaborate further, think of it this way: can you acquire a lot of mods in doom4 in the first 2 maps? no. That's because there's a pace. You get used to the weapons you have, you learn to use them, then, voila! new mod/upgrade. By this point you know how your weapon work, and you learn about it's new capabilities with the mod/upgrade.

In D4D I'd just go and get first the 5 mods/upgrades i love, then just acquire the rest for the sake of having everything. I didnt use them. I would just stick to the same upgrades/mods and call it a game. 30 maps using the same thing over and over.

In D4T you get what you get when you get it. And it might take a while before you get it. So when you do acquire it, you want to use, whatever it is. And you learn to appreciate it. Hell, if you get a repeated upgrade instead of the other upgrade you wanted, you'll feel frustrated, but there's the fun. I hate linear progression of "you get A, then you get B, then you get C"; you get used to expecting things to happen.

To me, randomness adds replayability. While testing this mod, I've played the first 8 levels of doom 2 countless times, and I still dont get bored, because even though I know every secret and every monster location, their drops change, and I get different combinations every time. [/edit]
User avatar
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.
 
Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Location: in "the darkness that lurks in our mind"

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:28 pm

DBThanatos wrote:To me, randomness adds replayability.

That explains Aeons of Death and every randomizer wad thereafter.
User avatar
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.
 
Joined: 03 Jul 2011
Location: Dropping today in Station Square.

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:49 pm

You're goddamn right. Speaking of which, DBThanatos, not trying to fart a trumpet in your ear but I've pretty much completed a D4T4D4D mode called Pickups. You might like it. ;)
User avatar
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2007

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby Aethun » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:47 am

Thanks for all.

First of all, Im using google traductor :oops: sorry.

I agree with the mod in general, but about learning about the use of weapons that you explain, I do not agree. The fact of having mods and not using them as much as others does not mean that they do not help in the gameplay at certain moments. Especially because my concept of learning is based on several games, not just one as you want to imply. In the first game I never use the pump of the plasma gun, in this fourth round I'm giving it, I'm using it a lot, but not others. It does not depend on what I play and if it depends on what I feel like playing.
Even so, I fight to the maximum to have all the mods as soon as possible. It has fun and motivates me to play. It's just my appreciation, nothing more.


Invasion mode works badly, but how little this works I love it. I am aware of what you have said about it (¿aware? traductor is crazy XD)


It saddens me that the multiplayer moves away from the original game. In my opinion, Doom is the game of the campaign mode, the game they have done for the multiplayer moves away from the concept that is Doom by their weapons and equipment. The arsenal of the campaign mode is perfect and it should be used in the MP mode, but the concept of competitive game that exists today has destroyed the fun and waste that is to have a great arsenal.
The trend of shooting games is reflected in the multiplayer, should have been more faithful and that the multiplayer was like a pachanga like quake 3 to 50 or 100 deaths, not a short competition of COD
I love the arsenal of campaign mode. I am going to study carefully how I could create my personal MP mode with this. I need it ;)
I love demon runes too XD very funny.

Thank you very much for your work. I am having a great time thanks to you ;)
Greetings
Aethun
 
Joined: 06 Jun 2016

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby DBThanatos » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Major Cooke wrote:You're goddamn right. Speaking of which, DBThanatos, not trying to fart a trumpet in your ear but I've pretty much completed a D4T4D4D mode called Pickups. You might like it. ;)


I might get around to play it some day.

Aethun wrote:I agree with the mod in general, but about learning about the use of weapons that you explain, I do not agree. The fact of having mods and not using them as much as others does not mean that they do not help in the gameplay at certain moments. Especially because my concept of learning is based on several games, not just one as you want to imply. In the first game I never use the pump of the plasma gun, in this fourth round I'm giving it, I'm using it a lot, but not others. It does not depend on what I play and if it depends on what I feel like playing.

That's the thing. The mods are a "plus" not a "must" to play this. All weapons are perfectly usable without mods, I made sure the game was beatable even if for some odd reason you never find a mod. Now, of course some mods are useful in certain situations compared to others, but none of them are indispensable. No monster is so OP that you need a mobile turret to kill it.

Aethun wrote:Even so, I fight to the maximum to have all the mods as soon as possible. It has fun and motivates me to play. It's just my appreciation, nothing more.

Understandable, each like playing their own way, but (im not trying to be an ass or anything) this mod I made it primarily for me, to play the way I want to play it. As mentioned in the original post, D4D was the mod for "tweak everything to your liking". But not this one ;)

Aethun wrote:Invasion mode works badly, but how little this works I love it. I am aware of what you have said about it (¿aware? traductor is crazy XD)

"Aware" is indeed the right word. I'd say we're 60% there in the invasion thing. Is just that some fights are completely skipped :(

Aethun wrote:It saddens me that the multiplayer moves away from the original game. In my opinion, Doom is the game of the campaign mode, the game they have done for the multiplayer moves away from the concept that is Doom by their weapons and equipment. The arsenal of the campaign mode is perfect and it should be used in the MP mode, but the concept of competitive game that exists today has destroyed the fun and waste that is to have a great arsenal.
The trend of shooting games is reflected in the multiplayer, should have been more faithful and that the multiplayer was like a pachanga like quake 3 to 50 or 100 deaths, not a short competition of COD

When you say "the multiplayer moves away from the original game" are you talking about doom4 or d4t? If you mean doom4, I cannot defend Certain Affinity for what they did with the MP, as I wanted a more competitive arena shooter type of DM; loadouts piss me off, and the fact that all weapons had to be balanced to kinda match power between them for any loadout makes it worse. I want a powerful rocket launcher, not one that deals 60dmg. However, saying that the SP arsenal is perfect is incredibly subjective. I would have loved a SP lightning gun, a grenade launcher, a separate ammo pool for the gauss cannon. They way they are is functional and works great, but i would have enjoyed more what i just said.

There are weapons that are very redundant in MP though. Like I've said, repeater and hellshot are basically the same weapon, and overlapping roles with sniper weapons, rail weapons, rapid fire weapons... it's a bit too much.

Aethun wrote:I love the arsenal of campaign mode. I am going to study carefully how I could create my personal MP mode with this. I need it ;)

There you go. You want something very specific, you learn to craft it for yourself :D
That's how I started modding. I wanted a very specific experience, so I created it.


Aethun wrote:Thank you very much for your work. I am having a great time thanks to you ;)
Greetings

Thank you for the feedback! i love having a nice discussion about different points of view
User avatar
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.
 
Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Location: in "the darkness that lurks in our mind"

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby Aethun » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:11 pm

DBThanatos wrote: this mod I made it primarily for me, to play the way I want to play it...
8-)

Mhuaaa huaaahuaauaaaa... imthefuckinmasteeeeer!! XD
I love this reply, this is the motivation XD I totally agree with this. In fact, I remaster the sounds of hexen for my own use and enjoyment, I uploaded it to the forum long ago.
*
That I have defended this form of mod does not mean that it is against your way of doing the mod. I have read so many opinions against the points that I have been forced to write XD

I play a lot against bots, in fact, since you released this mod I have not been able to play anything else XD Much more fun than the original. Just two guns. Fucking Shit :( And the demons, it's really fun to see doped demons on the MP. I've created a DM map, very much to my liking;)
EDIT: I recently bought a GPD-Win, it's a console with windows 10 and it's a joy to have this in so little space. The majority of mods run perfectly, but this is even better than all of them XD Highly recommended for intense games in the bathroom XD so your needs do not hinder the fun XD

Image

Image

Image
(Fucking Hell Knight XD)

Image
(Hell Knight move very fast! Quiet !!)


I'm going to do a few more, as soon as they are finished I share them, specially designed for big jumps ;)

Greetings
Aethun
 
Joined: 06 Jun 2016

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby DBThanatos » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Yes!! Maps with double jump in mind? That's awesome! Since a lot of the doom dm maps are made for classic doom, jumping kinda breaks the tactical-ity, and double jump? Even worse. So im excited to see a mp that has this mechanic in mind from the get go.
User avatar
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.
 
Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Location: in "the darkness that lurks in our mind"

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby DBThanatos » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:59 pm

This is what it looks like when a bunch of players get together and start wreaking havoc :D

User avatar
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.
 
Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Location: in "the darkness that lurks in our mind"

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby Doomenator » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:22 pm

DBThanatos wrote:This is what it looks like when a bunch of players get together and start wreaking havoc
Michaelis today kicked me from the server, and I went to play with bots. :twisted:
Spoiler:
User avatar
Doomenator
Banned User
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby Captain J » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:42 am

Aethun wrote:I'm going to do a few more, as soon as they are finished I share them, specially designed for big jumps ;)

Greetings
That map looks classic and sick, can't wait it to be finished! :D
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:33 pm

One of the big reasons why I haven't gotten around to playing with you yet DBT is because real life is being just a bitch right now. Sorry about that. :(
User avatar
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2007

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby Captain J » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:47 pm

If you're talking about to me, it's alright, i think! I'm always being busy as well. I'm enough with preview videos and such!
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 (TSPG servers up!)

Postby DBThanatos » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Well, after an issue where the latest zandronum 3.0 was crashing net games, we made a tiny (self downloading) patch to fix some zandro-only stuff, and now we have TSPG servers up again!

Code: Select allExpand view
TSPG Cooperative: 45.58.113.226:10743 (with Going Down)
TSPG Cooperative: 45.58.113.226:10765 (with Scythe 2)
TSPG Cooperative: 45.58.113.226:10766 (with Sunlust)
TSPG Deathmatch: 45.58.113.226:10764 (with UDMX)


:BFG: :rocket:
User avatar
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.
 
Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Location: in "the darkness that lurks in our mind"

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pompous Seed, Turin Turambar and 12 guests