D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: D4T: v1.0.1 Released (Jan 30 2017)

Postby JoexxZombie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:28 pm

I'm also seeing some artifacts or something on screen....every now and then while wearing armor and being shot. I kinda miss the hopping bunny Pinky's
JoexxZombie

Postby DBThanatos » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Popsoap10 wrote:This introduced a problem, you can't pick up Heavy Assault Rifles (or Chainguns) dropped by Hell Razors for ammo.

Sp or mp? I have not noticed this issue but i can guess why it happens.

And about the visual glitching when you have armor... lol. That's on purpose. When you have armor, previously there was no indication of damage being taken. But to differentiate it from when you take damage without armor (blood stains) your hud glitches out at varying degrees depending of the damage you took.

Tl;dr that "glitch" is a fake glitch, displayed on purpose when you take damage while having armor.
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby JoexxZombie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:28 pm

I thought it might be on purpose but wasn't sure. Okay that's cool then.
JoexxZombie

Postby Popsoap10 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:50 pm

DBThanatos wrote:
Popsoap10 wrote:This introduced a problem, you can't pick up Heavy Assault Rifles (or Chainguns) dropped by Hell Razors for ammo.

Sp or mp? I have not noticed this issue but i can guess why it happens.

Multiplayer on Zandronum 3.0. It probably happens because the monster drops a RandomSpawner instead of the weapon directly (making it act as map placed). It isn't a bug with Zandronum itself cause the shotgun drops from Possessed Security give ammo just fine.
Popsoap10
That one guy...

Postby DBThanatos » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:29 pm

Actually i just found the reason and it's bigger than just this one case.

Against what i like to do, I'll have to release another version asap to fix this issue, because it affects all map placed weapons, sp and mp, zandro o gzdoom. It's a code error.

Dammit. Will be releasing a 1.0.1.1 soon :/
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Postby DBThanatos » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:47 am

So as you might see v1.0.1 is no longer available, but now there's v1.0.1.1 around.

What? Why?

Turns out there was a bug, which we didn't find in time, that was causing players to not be able to get ammunition from weapons in the maps. It was a very clear case where a Hellrazer would drop a H.A.R. as usual, yet player was not always able to pick it up.

Seems a rather smallish issue, right? Well, it means players would be limited on ammo for mapsets that rely on replenishing ammo from these guys. But that was not all. Also, this caused this issue with all other weapons in the maps: You could pick them up fine until certain amounts of ammo, then after that, no more weapon pickup.

That's a nasty bug.

So that's why I had to release this sub-version of the sub-version.

And that's why we have a v1.0.1.1 now.

Please redownload the file, seeing that's gonna be the "golden" one. Hopefully no other major bug will appear, and we should be able to stick with this version for a long while.

Sorry for double post. :P
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby MentzWolf » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:39 pm

Why is the HUD off-centered to the right? (Using GZDoom Dev Build)
MentzWolf
Renaissance Man

Discord: Frosted_Moontips#2454
Twitch ID: Frosted_Moontips
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby DBThanatos » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:18 pm

Devbuilds are experimental, beta, not necessarily stable versions of the engine.

If anything that works fine in stable versions, breaks in devbuilds, it's not an issue with the mod.
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 pm

One bug(?) and question. To note, this is all in Zandronum 3.0 alpha DM.

Bug: Hellshot alt-fire can be used without cooldown. The cooldown meter/circle appears for 1 frame and disappears, allowing you to fire again. Not sure if this is in SP.

Question: Not sure if its a thing with Zandronum, but I swear some bots start with better weapons. For example, I see a bot spawn and he instantly fires a rocket or plasma at me, even though I never find those weapons anywhere on the map.
mamaluigisbagel
This profile is brought to you by spam......and memes.

Discord: Nonemployee#1013
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Trump Stumper » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:32 pm

This is awesome. :wub:

Strangely, though, this kinda feels like playing a 2.5D version of Hunter's Moon, which is essentially Quake 4 Doom.

It works really well with OBLIGE maps, and Going Down.
Trump Stumper

Postby Popsoap10 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:00 am

Found a bug with the Remote Detonation mod for the RL. If you use it without firing a rocket (i.e. There isn't a rocket to detonate), it locks the weapon, preventing you from firing, alt-firing, switching mods, or switching weapons.
Popsoap10
That one guy...

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:13 am

Popsoap10 wrote:Found a bug with the Remote Detonation mod for the RL. If you use it without firing a rocket (i.e. There isn't a rocket to detonate), it locks the weapon, preventing you from firing, alt-firing, switching mods, or switching weapons.

I don't think this is a bug with the mod (maybe the source port, don't know) but if it is it also happens with the Revenant Jetpack which gets annoying because you can't jetpack and fire rockets at the same time.
mamaluigisbagel
This profile is brought to you by spam......and memes.

Discord: Nonemployee#1013
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Trump Stumper » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, but sometimes when firing the BFG, Doomguy will jump really high for no reason. I usually have "god2" enabled when this happens; it might be related.

It's more amusing than anything else, but I thought I'd share.

edit: I like how you guys took the cool parts from Zion and D4D, and merged them into D4T. That being said, I'm still looking forward to the next release of Zion; it won't run on "potato" devices, but it'll look incredibly awesome. And I hope Zion "borrows" some of the good ideas from this mod. I want all the Doom 4 mods to be awesome!
Trump Stumper

Postby Captain J » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:47 am

Trump Stumper wrote:Not sure if this is a bug, but sometimes when firing the BFG, Doomguy will jump really high for no reason. I usually have "god2" enabled when this happens; it might be related.
Without godmode, you still jump higher when the projectile crashes. But when you're in far, far away from the projectile, you're not going to jump. I'm guessing it actually affects on the player?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby DBThanatos » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:20 pm

mamaluigisbagel wrote:One bug(?) and question. To note, this is all in Zandronum 3.0 alpha DM.

Bug: Hellshot alt-fire can be used without cooldown. The cooldown meter/circle appears for 1 frame and disappears, allowing you to fire again. Not sure if this is in SP.

Question: Not sure if its a thing with Zandronum, but I swear some bots start with better weapons. For example, I see a bot spawn and he instantly fires a rocket or plasma at me, even though I never find those weapons anywhere on the map.

Hellshot: definitely a bug. Will fix it.

Bots do start with better weapons. While its technically unfair because you as a human player do have to go get weapons, bots are kinda idiots and never seek health or powerups or anything. If they stumble upon one, that pure luck. So to balance out their idiocy, we gave them weapons, this is random.

Trump Stumper wrote:This is awesome. :wub:

Strangely, though, this kinda feels like playing a 2.5D version of Hunter's Moon, which is essentially Quake 4 Doom.

It works really well with OBLIGE maps, and Going Down.

Thanks. Glad you're liking it.

And going down? Damn, the library level gave me nightmares. I even ended recording the last battle because i wanted to have proof I beat it legitly. It literally took me over 20 attempts

Popsoap10 wrote:Found a bug with the Remote Detonation mod for the RL. If you use it without firing a rocket (i.e. There isn't a rocket to detonate), it locks the weapon, preventing you from firing, alt-firing, switching mods, or switching weapons.

Confirmed. That was a dumb oversight on my part. Will be fixed.

Trump Stumper wrote:Not sure if this is a bug, but sometimes when firing the BFG, Doomguy will jump really high for no reason. I usually have "god2" enabled when this happens; it might be related.

It's more amusing than anything else, but I thought I'd share.

edit: I like how you guys took the cool parts from Zion and D4D, and merged them into D4T. That being said, I'm still looking forward to the next release of Zion; it won't run on "potato" devices, but it'll look incredibly awesome. And I hope Zion "borrows" some of the good ideas from this mod. I want all the Doom 4 mods to be awesome!

Not a bug per se, but it's something that needs fixing now that damage attribution is a thing.

About zion... I dont remember taking anything from Zion. I did ask permission to use the rocket lockon method they used, which worked beautifully, but in the end, i replaced that upgrade for something more bad-aiming-friendly because trying to track a monster with your crosshair is hard enough in pc, in mobile it was gonna be hell.

If there are similar mechanics between d4t amd zion they are purely coincidences. Then again, there's only so many ways you can spin a wheel xD

Last time i played zion i loved how meaty the monsters were. I'm definitely looking forward to a new release, although, i have to admit that i dont like "hold alt fire to ready weapon mod" mechanic, but that distaste comes from d4 itself, so it's not a zion issue. It does however limit the joy i can get out of a mod that uses that mechanic the same way.

Captain J wrote:
Without godmode, you still jump higher when the projectile crashes. But when you're in far, far away from the projectile, you're not going to jump. I'm guessing it actually affects on the player?

The issue was that the explosion was damaging the player, so i made player invulnerable to the explosion without changing the damage attribution, so your are still affected by the huge explo, only not taking damage. There was i particular reason i did it this way rather than just changing a flag in the explosion call, but i dont remember right now. Will have to investigate again.
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods