D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] D4T: Death Foretold Out now!! pg1

Postby wildweasel » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:03 am

Trump Stumper wrote:What does it mean when people use the word "potato"?

I'm to assume it refers, jokingly, to a computer that is underpowered. Similar with "toaster," it is shorthand to say that the computer being used to run the game has roughly the computing power of a potato, which is to say, not nearly enough.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby DoomKrakken » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:05 am

Not only that, but the computers could be so old that they fry easily... XD
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Postby Trump Stumper » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:06 am

wildweasel wrote:

I'm to assume it refers, jokingly, to a computer that is underpowered. Similar with "toaster," it is shorthand to say that the computer being used to run the game has roughly the computing power of a potato, which is to say, not nearly enough.

Oh, you mean like that reference in that Portal game?

edit: That's probably the exact opposite of what you meant...
Trump Stumper

Postby Captain J » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:30 am

When the computer is underpowered like potato batteries, they referring it as potatoes. And yes, Portal 2 had the same point as well.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby rabid marine » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:41 am

Going purely by context, it seems to have the potential to mean several different things, while failing to have one singular definition (or really any definition).

Is this a joke of some sort?

When I was a kid, a potato was something you ate. I mean, I once read 'A Clockwork Orange', and I was able to figure out the slang there, and I can sorta decipher African-American Vernacular English, so I'm not a total idiot...

A potato is slang for a cruddy PC, similar to how lemon is used to describe poor quality cars. This term actually comes from the fact that you could actually use a spud as a battery to power things such as lightbulbs!
rabid marine
If there's such thing as overcast days, than what's an undercast day?

Postby Combine_Kegan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:04 pm

I'm really enjoying this mod so far though I feel like those equipment items like the grenades and stuff vanish very quickly, GMOTA suffered from the same problem too. You might want to consider extending the lifespan of them, maybe make them float too, so they're easier to spot amongst piles of bodies. Plus it's pretty shitty to kill a dude from a long distance to see them drop an equipment item and have it vanish, you could always make the item have an infinite lifespan at initial drop, and have items dropped from players expire after a set period.

Other than that keep it up, the weapons are a lot of fun.
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Postby DBThanatos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:13 am

Combine_Kegan wrote:I'm really enjoying this mod so far though I feel like those equipment items like the grenades and stuff vanish very quickly, GMOTA suffered from the same problem too. You might want to consider extending the lifespan of them, maybe make them float too, so they're easier to spot amongst piles of bodies. Plus it's pretty shitty to kill a dude from a long distance to see them drop an equipment item and have it vanish, you could always make the item have an infinite lifespan at initial drop, and have items dropped from players expire after a set period.

Other than that keep it up, the weapons are a lot of fun.

Actually, we did change this, for Michaelis expressed this same feeling. There's a patch coming pretty soon, which is gonna address this and many other things reported and found
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby Popsoap10 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:16 pm

I've had a blast with this mod.

A suggestion though, can you make player attacks go through other players during cooperative games? It gets irritating when you fire a rocket into an ally by accident and kill yourself.
Popsoap10
That one guy...

Postby BerserkerNoir » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:15 pm

First time commenting around here since I donwloaded the mod, I really love it, is what I wanted in a D4 Based Mod.
Looking forward for more updates.
Not sure if anyone has noticed the issue of the SSG, there arent any Bullet Decals after Shooting.
BerserkerNoir

Discord: BerserkerNoir#7735
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Captain J » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:00 am

SSG decals leaves just fine in my GZDOOM g2.3.2, though. My only complain is BFG projectile doesn't have decal at all.

EDIT:
DBThanatos wrote:@berserknoir: this happens when you have the piercing shot upgrade. Thats because old versions of gzdoom had issues spawning puffs via rails (which is what was needed to make them pierce). Newer versions of gzdoom should display them correctly. We can't fix this in older gzdoom (i. e. Dtouch) unless we use a ton of hacks to do so.
Wait, it is actually involved with piercing upgrade? Welp, my bad but i didn't knew about that.
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby DBThanatos » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:21 pm

@popsoap10: coop player projectiles go through players now. Thanks for the suggestion.

@berserknoir: this happens when you have the piercing shot upgrade. Thats because old versions of gzdoom had issues spawning puffs via rails (which is what was needed to make them pierce). Newer versions of gzdoom should display them correctly. We can't fix this in older gzdoom (i. e. Dtouch) unless we use a ton of hacks to do so.

@Captain J:good catch! Dunno how i missed that. It's been fixed now.

If all goes according to plan, a patch will be released probably this weekend, which addresses a plethora of bugs/issues/suggestions
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Re: D4T: v1.0.1 Released (Jan 30 2017)

Postby DBThanatos » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:26 am

At long last, the update that 4.2 people were waiting for! :D

Download v1.0.1 here

Spoiler: Changelog
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby bigboss96 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks a lot man for this. Can't wait to return home and try the new update.
bigboss96

Postby Popsoap10 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:53 pm

DBThanatos wrote:Bugs fixed
* Fixed some issues about picking-but-not-picking weapons in net games, causing
weapons to respawn when they shouldnt

This introduced a problem, you can't pick up Heavy Assault Rifles (or Chainguns) dropped by Hell Razors for ammo.
Popsoap10
That one guy...

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:06 pm

I've also noticed in Zandronum DM, the screen kinda bugs out when hit while wearing armor. Its like a frame of the weapon bar zoomed in.

btw LOVE the new HUD. The old one in old versions of this and d4d kinda bugged me a bit. :)
mamaluigisbagel
This profile is brought to you by spam......and memes.

Discord: Nonemployee#1013
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods