D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DBThanatos

Re: D4T v2.0.1 (Patch released 06-06-17)

Post by DBThanatos »

Ahh, i see what you mean. Yeah, that's one of those things. But who knows, maybe each imp fireball is actually a nuke, and the suit protects you from being obliterated, and instead you only lose 87% of your health :P

It's like a second or third layer of suspension of disbelief. XD
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Anyway, I see the Supershotgun still gets loaded with two shells even after it runs out of ammo. I believe I had reported a similar issue for D4D many months ago. Have you been unable to come up with a solution? I cannot remember.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Ah, thats easy to fix. I just forgot to do it for this version
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Hey, Mr. Thanatos, do you think for your next revision of this mod you could add these sprites to the mod? Xtor's Doom 4 Sprite Skins?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/death-foretol ... k-xtor-d4t
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

warman2012 wrote:Hey, Mr. Thanatos, do you think for your next revision of this mod you could add these sprites to the mod? Xtor's Doom 4 Sprite Skins?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/death-foretol ... k-xtor-d4t
Ehhhhhh... most of these are kinda meh, IMO. The zombie replacements are super pixelly and indistinct(the shotgunner in particular has busted brightmaps) and the tech mancubus is just... eugh. Just a horribly scaled model rip(the projectiles don't even come out of the cannons). The player sprite is kinda doofy too with how unmoving its torso is(but only from the front, it moves fine from behind!). The mastermind is cool, but, that's just taken wholesale from MetaDoom. It is credited at least, so that's nice, although I don't know Kinsie's stance on other people using MetaDoom resources.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

They certainly don't match each other, however. One thing I like about D4T is its consistency on every level of its gameplay.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Indeed. Im sticking to the aesthetic we currently have of all sprites, no model rips, to keep a consistent look for the mod. The meta doom mastermind looks fantastic, but for the time being and the foreseeable future, i will keep the classic mastermind we have.

The ones i like are the possessed soldier (the normal one made by DIMOShunter), but they lack some shading ATM and thats why i never included them into d4t. I tried shading them myself, but i couldn't keep it consistent through all the sprites and it looked worse :P
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

How about these, now? :D
Still unfinished, but looks great so far. DIMOShunter has been busy...
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Even though these sprites are meant for the Zombieman, they actually look like they would work great for the Chaingunner.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Even though these sprites are meant for the Zombieman, they actually look like they would work great for the Chaingunner.
Agreed. I'd do that, if there were better Zombieman/Shotgunner replacements (rather than those melee-only cannon fodder zombies), and if the Hell Razer wasn't already such a good candidate for replacing the Chaingunner.

Also, it looks as though the Zombie Soldiers have a similar attack pattern to the Zombiemen from Brutal Doom...
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

DoomKrakken wrote:How about these, now? :D
Still unfinished, but looks great so far. DIMOShunter has been busy...
Indeed, they're looking better, but the chest area still bothers me :P

It looks like clay or something like that, and too uniformly lit (let the record show that im not dissing the sprites, they're infinitely Bette than anything I could ever come up with); it needs some shadows for the pecs, abdomen and below the arms, legs and all that jazz. I really hope Dimo can eventually do that, since that's the main thing that's stopping me from adding these.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

You may want to address him about that, then... I think he'll appreciate the feedback. :D
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

I have an interesting question. From a few of the dev diaries Sgt. MarkIV is making about Brutal Doom, one of the things he mentioned was making first person finishers. Is that something that is possible for this mod, or are things gonna stay the same?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

You do know that those "first-person finishers" are known as "Glory Kills" here, right? XD
TechnoDoomed1

Post by TechnoDoomed1 »

Errrr... D4T already has glory kills. What do you exactly mean by first person finishers? Also, I recall something being said about not taking suggestions based on what Brutal Doom does.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”