D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ShinyCrobat

Re: D4T v2.0.1 (Patch released 06-06-17)

Post by ShinyCrobat »

If I had to guess, I think he means ACTUAL, unique animated fatalities, rather than D4T's generic beat-up animation for every monster.
Voros

Post by Voros »

But the simplicity of the generic beat-up animation is what makes it admirable. IMO. The first person finishers in the dev video was cool and all, but it seems like one would easily get tired of it eventually. Here, it's just a simple punch, uppercut, kick, or a mixture of them.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Yeah. This is a generic system that can relatively easily be plugged into other monsters, so say, if i eventually find sprites i like better for the current summoner, i only have do yo some adjustments here and there and it'll be ready to use the new sprites. With full custom animations and all, it'd require more sprite editing and it suddenly becomes a chore to try to do it for any updated monster.

While it's admirable to do crazy animations on the executions, that requires having a static cast of monsters like BD, standard doom monster looks. D4T however is ever changing to try to get the best sprites in the style that we seek.

As a bit of update, we're working on a new patch that fixes a couple non critical bugs, and again, brings a couple new small toys to the table :D
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

you know, i've been thinking. i would love to see a D4T monsters only mod. i don't mind if it was vanilla or if they had the attacks that they do for the D4T mod
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

DBThanatos: Does Zandronum 3.0 support +HITTARGET/MASTER/TRACER flags?

You could potentially use +HITTRACER, check to see if the tracer is a player and deal no damage for the rails, if shot by other players.

Or is the issue something else?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Damage is dealt immediately before anything else happens... so you can't use HITMASTER/HITTARGET/HITTRACER to check a condition for the railgun to not deal damage beforehand, unless you have the railgun function deal no damage at all, and have the puff it spawns deal the damage. If that happens, you can use HITMASTER/HITTARGET/HITTRACER to check for a condition on the actor it hits before it deals the damage.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Which is why I mentioned it, for precisely that reason.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Some crazy amount of obsession from a guy that doesnt love to map, yielded something that might or might not be a thing. :P

Aethun

Post by Aethun »

DBThanatos wrote:Some crazy amount of obsession from a guy that doesnt love to map, yielded something that might or might not be a thing. :P

Oh fuck :rock:

I love this...

Very good retrowork :D
FrankADG

Post by FrankADG »

Nice mod. I think it's better than D4D.
But some things I waiting in next update.
1) Want see smoke effects after shots from weapons.
2) Increase screen shake for weapons. Especially for Chaingun.
3) Blood and flesh at ground.
4) New sprites for monsters with vanilla sprites but with abilities Doom 4. Or you don't plan to change them?
5) Cracking pain sounds of player when you take damage from Doom 4.
6) Can switch between items (grenade, teleport) and not to pick up only one.
7) More variation of glory kills.
8) Always hear footsteps sounds, not only when run.

Little addons of Doomguy voice for D4T.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a1x8283n9wom ... T.pk3?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vo8lk9q0bjzt6 ... T.pk3?dl=0
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

So many people ask for this stuff... and so many are disappointed when it doesn't come.

I'm not a part of the D4T team, so I can't speak for DBT... but I know that most (if not all) the things you just suggested have been suggested by someone else at other points in time. And as such, they've been rejected because of one reason: austerity.

The D4T dev team wanted to keep things simple, and not include many options. They just wanted to make something that worked and worked well.

I think you'll have better luck asking one of the addon developers to implement this stuff for you. ;)
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Aethun wrote:Oh fuck :rock:

I love this...

Very good retrowork :D
Thanks! :D

But this is the only one i've done... or finished... for now :twisted:
FrankADG wrote:Nice mod. I think it's better than D4D.
But some things I waiting in next update.
1) Want see smoke effects after shots from weapons.
2) Increase screen shake for weapons. Especially for Chaingun.
3) Blood and flesh at ground.
4) New sprites for monsters with vanilla sprites but with abilities Doom 4. Or you don't plan to change them?
5) Cracking pain sounds of player when you take damage from Doom 4.
6) Can switch between items (grenade, teleport) and not to pick up only one.
7) More variation of glory kills.
8) Always hear footsteps sounds, not only when run.
Like DoomKrakken said, much of this has been mentioned before, but since i cant expect everyone to know, I'll address them again.

1. No. The whole point of this mod from the get go was to use as little as possible particle effects
2. No. I like their current "shake"
3. No. This isnt a "gore" mod, and, austerity again.
4. No. These sprites I selected because I like them.
5. Not sure what sound you're talking about.
6. No. This is even covered in the readme
7. I wish, but we dont have resources for more
8. No. This was made like this for dm purposes of hiding your location

If what you want is particles, blood on the floor, classic monsters and all that, i really think that D4D is the mod for you. This mod doesnt have any of that on purpose, and will remain that way. And again, like krakken said, maybe if someone makes addons to do all that, but it will NOT be part of the official core mod.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I know what he means by #5. In DOOM, whenever a monster takes a swipe at you, it makes a sort of crunch sound.

Xeotroid had extracted all sorts of monster sounds, and had posted them on the D4D thread. The aforementioned sounds can be found there, and they seem to be Imp/Knight melee strike sounds.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

DoomKrakken wrote:I know what he means by #5. In DOOM, whenever a monster takes a swipe at you, it makes a sort of crunch sound.

Xeotroid had extracted all sorts of monster sounds, and had posted them on the D4D thread. The aforementioned sounds can be found there, and they seem to be Imp/Knight melee strike sounds.
Ah, that makes sense. Well, I have had the sound collection around for a while, but oddly, i never really paid attention to this sound. I'll see how well it "works" as a pain sound
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I think you're better off having it as the sound made by imps/knights whenever they melee attack someone.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”