D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: D4T v2.0.1 (Patch released 06-06-17)

Post by DoomKrakken »

ShinyCrobat wrote:
warman2012 wrote:Or just tell players who want to remove that attack how to delete that portion of the Cyberdemon's code.
Just remove these parts from the Monster Cyberdemon's code, and the Cyberdemon won't be able to summon walls.
Spoiler:
You can do a bit more clean up than that though, by removing the Weak Rocket attacks that come after the stone walls, and removing the Stone Wall Actors, under the "Hellstone Wall" comment.
However, what I posted works flawlessly to my knowledge. Clean up doesn't matter too much since you aren't going to see the code in-game anyway.
If you want to make this a patch instead, so you don't overwrite the core mod, just throw an AED text file called DECORATE in a PK3, copy the Monster Cyberdemon's code in there, remove actors beside the Cyberdemon it self, rename the Actor, and put "Replaces D4Cyberdemon" after "D4AbstractBoss".
Actually, you can just comment out this line:

Code: Select all

CYBR E 0 A_Jump(180, "StoneWalls") 
If that happens, it won't perform the jump in the first place, so the rock walls won't happen at all.
warman2012 wrote:Or limit the firing rate on the rockets. That is the real issue.
Clearly someone hasn't seen the new Cyberdemon in action... dude, his rocket spam has rocket spam.

If it's a problem for you... you're hosed. :shrug:
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

So I ran into an Archvile variant that I have never encountered before: it is dark grey-purple, it makes seagull noises when hurt and one of its attacks looks like it is peeing on me.

What is it?
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Alright. The big question. How did you get the doom 4 arm and feet sprites? That was really why I played the mod to begin with. I was wondering how this could be incorporated into Brutal Doom.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:So I ran into an Archvile variant that I have never encountered before: it is dark grey-purple, it makes seagull noises when hurt and one of its attacks looks like it is peeing on me.

What is it?
Harvester.
warman2012 wrote:Alright. The big question. How did you get the doom 4 arm and feet sprites? That was really why I played the mod to begin with. I was wondering how this could be incorporated into Brutal Doom.
I would think it had something to do with Wraith Revenant. Or Franco used photoshop to draw over some screenshots. Or he drew it freehand. Or it could be something else entirely...

Your choice. ;)

You do know you don't need to redraw those sprites in order for them to be used in Brutal Doom, right? Unless you had other sprites you wanted to make that don't yet exist as standard Doom sprite resources...

However, if you want to use resources from here, you will need to wait until 60 days after D4T's release date. Then, they will allow resources to be used without permission (so I hear). :)
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

I really don't know how to import those sprites into brutal doom. I was just asking for the sake of those that do. Its kickass that someone finally did this the right way instead of merely ripping the game versions from Doom 4 straight into the game. *cough* Zion *cough*

I saw these sprites in a comment on Mod DB about D4T. Whether these belong to Mr. Thantos, I don't know. But if not, then we should not have to wait 60 days for content that was just simply imported with no changes.

I'll be happy to post that link to Mod DB if anyone asks.
jckfrbn

Post by jckfrbn »

warman2012 wrote:I really don't know how to import those sprites into brutal doom. I was just asking for the sake of those that do. Its kickass that someone finally did this the right way instead of merely ripping the game versions from Doom 4 straight into the game. *cough* Zion *cough*
Look in the files and find the names of melee sprites, then add d4t sprites with there names, move position till comfortable
warman2012 wrote: I saw these sprites in a comment on Mod DB about D4T. Whether these belong to Mr. Thantos, I don't know. But if not, then we should not have to wait 60 days for content that was just simply imported with no changes.

I'll be happy to post that link to Mod DB if anyone asks.
A. A link to the comment in question would be nice
B. Technically they belong to franco sense they are the creator
C. Maybe but its what he wants to "Keep D4T unique" for awhile and the minimum we can do is respect that sense these sprites are at the quality of...... well if franco didn't get paid they are the kindest person on the planet
D. You don't know how to do what you want, is it so hard to learn it by july 18th and if you learn it before then just using it yourself till then?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I do believe DBT said to all mod authors to wait 60 days before releasing anything using D4T's sprites, on the basis that he figured people were just gonna use them anyway. This was on Discord.

Since the sprites are part of DBT's project, then I figure they belong at least to DBT and Franco... maybe even all the others on the team.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

So far, I have been playing D4T with plenty of mapsets and I can now safely say I like it much better than D4D - and I mean no disrespect to Major Cooke here. I think the gameplay flows much better without an upgrade store and it feels much more rewarding to be a completionist now.

My only gripes so far are the occasionally shoddy/placeholder sprite work and the unnecessarily large arsenal; the Grenade Launcher aside, I am still not convinced the MP weapons are worth it and now having up to three weapons per slot is just downright annoying. Granted, you have given us the ability to bind individual weapons to a separate key, but alas, there is no option to unbind an undesirable weapon from a slot they share with others. For example, I like having the Assault Rifle and the Chaingun bound to the same key, but I could do without the Repeater. :?
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Ask around on how to delete the weapons from the game save the ones you want.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I do not want to outright delete them, though; in fact, if the mod had something like a class system where each character had an unique set of weapons, I think I would actually enjoy them a lot more, as I would know I have to make the best out of the arsenal at my disposal. The gameplay is much faster now and the enemies much deadlier, especially on higher difficulty settings where a single wrong move can be fatal, so I just wish there was a faster, more intuitive way of picking a specific weapon than having to either scroll through the weapons that come before it or to bind each of the seventeen weapons to a separate key. As much as I hate to praise Id Software for the way they designed Doom 2016, they were right not to add the multiplayer weapons to singleplayer.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Well, does anyone know how to comment out or delete the weapons in the game that were not included in the single player campaign? I tried to delete the decorate scripts and then commenting other parts, but I get errors when I do this. I just want the original weapons in the regular Doom 4 game, not the multiplayer weapons. Please do not suggest to bind each weapon to a separate key, I just want to know how to get rid of the multiplayer weapons outright. Thanks.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Aaanyway, out of curiosity, has anyone managed to beat any of the vanilla mapsets on a harder setting than Normal: Max Monsters?

If so, any suggestions on how to do it? I tried playing Doom II on Hard: Max Monsters and dang, is it hard! :shock:
jckfrbn

Post by jckfrbn »

warman2012 wrote:Well, does anyone know how to comment out or delete the weapons in the game that were not included in the single player campaign? I tried to delete the decorate scripts and then commenting other parts, but I get errors when I do this. I just want the original weapons in the regular Doom 4 game, not the multiplayer weapons. Please do not suggest to bind each weapon to a separate key, I just want to know how to get rid of the multiplayer weapons outright. Thanks.
Hey what a great time to again advertise the d4t discord, cause there an addon that does just that pinned in the addon section

D4T Discord, addons, updates and more....JOIN TODAY!
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Aaanyway, out of curiosity, has anyone managed to beat any of the vanilla mapsets on a harder setting than Normal: Max Monsters?

If so, any suggestions on how to do it? I tried playing Doom II on Hard: Max Monsters and dang, is it hard! :shock:
For Hard:Max I've only cleared E1 so far, but it starts to go smoother once you realize that you can't play it exactly like OG Ultraviolence.

Just like new Doom, you have to keep moving. Even if everything is a projectile now, they move fast; if you're not already moving by the time that shotgun guy starts firing, you're probably gonna get hit.

Pick a direction and follow through.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

warman2012 wrote:Well, does anyone know how to comment out or delete the weapons in the game that were not included in the single player campaign? I tried to delete the decorate scripts and then commenting other parts, but I get errors when I do this. I just want the original weapons in the regular Doom 4 game, not the multiplayer weapons. Please do not suggest to bind each weapon to a separate key, I just want to know how to get rid of the multiplayer weapons outright. Thanks.
That's the real hackjob way to do it, with errors guaranteed to happen.

Here's how you really do it...

- Delete/comment out the entries in D4T's player actor's Player.WeaponSlot properties that are the multiplayer weapons.
- Delete/comment out the entries in D4T's weapon spawners that are the multiplayer weapons.
- DO NOT delete/comment out the multiplayer weapons themselves.

Now you are left with DOOM's singleplayer weapons in Doom. :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”