D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kazudra

Re: D4T: v1.0.1.1 Patched (Jan 31 2017)

Post by Kazudra »

Script error, "D4Tv1011.pk3:decorate/debug.aed" line 40:
Invalid state parameter acs_namedexecutealways

this still seems to always conflict with invasion (why the push for invasion? Playing 5 days of complex invasion has me pumped)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

What version of Zandronum are you trying to run? If I remember right, you need to go redownload the Zandronum 3.0 alpha if you're getting that error.
Trump Stumper

Post by Trump Stumper »

DBThanatos wrote:The issue was that the explosion was damaging the player, so i made player invulnerable to the explosion without changing the damage attribution, so your are still affected by the huge explo, only not taking damage. There was i particular reason i did it this way rather than just changing a flag in the explosion call, but i dont remember right now. Will have to investigate again.
It's OK.

I'd rather not die to a BFG blast. I'll suck it up and keep marching.
ShinyCrobat

Post by ShinyCrobat »

Would it be possible to keep Completion Bonuses and Weapon Upgrades between death exits, or is that not possible with the compatibility you're trying to achieve? I know D4D keeps upgrades, but that requires dev builds.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Trump Stumper wrote:It's OK.

I'd rather not die to a BFG blast. I'll suck it up and keep marching.
You don't have to, though. Because this bug might cause minor annoyance. Unless you always want to simulate the ID Tech rocket flight after firing the BFG, without dying.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Kazudra wrote:Script error, "D4Tv1011.pk3:decorate/debug.aed" line 40:
Invalid state parameter acs_namedexecutealways

this still seems to always conflict with invasion (why the push for invasion? Playing 5 days of complex invasion has me pumped)
We're trying to make it compatible with invasion but is proving tricky. In our internal build it kinda works but every once in a while things go pretty bad. From "this fight isn't working" to an actual crash.

I make no promises but we sure are trying our best to get it working
TGminer

Post by TGminer »

Really nice, even compatible with Zandronum 3.0!
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

TGminer wrote:Really nice, even compatible with Zandronum 3.0!
Thanks! Gzdoom 1.8.6 (for dtouch) & zandronum 3.0 were priority objectives since the very start, hence our dedication to be 100% sure it would work in both.
GalenKnight56

Post by GalenKnight56 »

I recently just ran this mod with Plutonia 2 on Normal Max, however in the first map there is a minor bug where the hell knights don't teleport in at all. They are supposed to when I press the switch to lower the blue key. I tested without this mod and they teleport in just fine. Is this an issue with this mod and can it be fixed?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

GalenKnight56 wrote:I recently just ran this mod with Plutonia 2 on Normal Max, however in the first map there is a minor bug where the hell knights don't teleport in at all. They are supposed to when I press the switch to lower the blue key. I tested without this mod and they teleport in just fine. Is this an issue with this mod and can it be fixed?
Issue confirmed. The reason this happens is because the mapper made the teleporting trap room (where the hell knights are trapped prior to teleport in) so small, that the increased D4T Hell knight speed was making the monster "skip" touching the line. Had the mapper made the room 32 units longer, this wouldnt happen. The monster has the right size, but the increased speed is what's causing issues here. I said "semi fixed" because Im afraid this is gonna happen again in whatever mapset with any other monster that has speed increased. And while there's a way to avoid this (make each A_Chase call last less tics, this also makes monsters that much more aggresive)

But oh well. It's semi fixed in the WIP version, but there will be no patch anytime soon. Sorry about that. We're in the middle of doing things for next release.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Here's an idea... if you're going to have the actor enter A_Chase even more times, you can omit the state it's supposed to jump to for attacking in some of those extra ones.

OR... you can raise the monster's MinMissileChance property...
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

DoomKrakken wrote:Here's an idea... if you're going to have the actor enter A_Chase even more times, you can omit the state it's supposed to jump to for attacking in some of those extra ones.

OR... you can raise the monster's MinMissileChance property...

I remember years ago, messing with that property and never saw a change. Yet i think it's definitely worth to give it a shot again. Thanks for the suggestion!!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Well... years ago, the code was a lot different. I can tell you from my experience working with monsters, when I made my monster randomizer, that it does considerably affect how often monsters attack. :)

Alright, you're welcome! :D Hope it works out!
bigboss96

Post by bigboss96 »

When I return to the human form after picking up a demon rune I always have 100 points of health and 0 armor, no matter what I had before picking up the run. Is that a bug or is intentional? I ask this because I remember that this was different in D4D. I'm having a lot of fun with the mod. Thanks for your work DBT.
Stuka

Post by Stuka »

bigboss96 wrote:When I return to the human form after picking up a demon rune I always have 100 points of health and 0 armor, no matter what I had before picking up the run. Is that a bug or is intentional? I ask this because I remember that this was different in D4D. I'm having a lot of fun with the mod. Thanks for your work DBT.
The guide says:
"Since demon runes are a kind of powerup, as penalization, after morphing back from demon form the player will lose all surplus armor and health he had"

Return to “Gameplay Mods”