Flakes Doom v2.6b (Updated 06/03/18) Home fixes

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
erni945

Re: Flakes Doom v2.6b (Updated 06/03/18) Home fixes

Post by erni945 »

I report bug.When I lift a chainsaw, I can not pull it out and use it, I noticed it in Cheogsh (Doom 2 map) and in Freedoom, what can it result from?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

You mean you cannot use the chainsaw after selecting it? Odd.

Are you loading anything else with Flakes Doom? Also, which version of GZDoom are you using?
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:You mean you cannot use the chainsaw after selecting it? Odd.

Are you loading anything else with Flakes Doom? Also, which version of GZDoom are you using?
From what I remember from flakes doom I use random deaths and decorations, flashlights and some addons from main post to your mod and I use the official latest version of GZDoom

Important note: For now, I use the command "summon PFChiansaw" (or something like that, I do not remember now what the actor in the decorate was) so for now somehow it does not bother me, but I reported it because I still do not write it in the long run
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

The unmaker isn't assembled after picking up all three weapon parts in Hexen. You're probably occupied with your other projects, but I'd like to see the recent changes to Factotum (Backpack replacing Krater of Might, etc.) incorporated here as well :)

Also, most bullet weapons have a spread of 5.6 on both the horizontal and the vertical. This actually makes them 50% less accurate than vanilla Doom. I'd suggest halving the original value, as in making both parameters have 2.8. Another example is the Super Shotgun: in Vanilla it has a spread of 11.2 and 7.1, I'd do:
11.2 + 7.1 = 18.3
18.3 ÷ 2 = 9.15
So 9.15 for horizontal and for vertical spread :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I'm kinda occupied really, but that doesn't stop me from messing around with Flakes a little bit again :)

Thanks for the heads up buddy!
HUGEGUTS

Post by HUGEGUTS »

Loving this mod so far! However I have a few nitpicks:
-Chaingun's recoil goes downward when using Quad. Is this intended? Quite amusing anyway :D
-Weapons still have their alternate ammo counter even if they don't use one for altfire. Guess this is related to how weapons are coded and thus can't be removed?
-Sometimes I like to turn recoil off and go full vanilla with horizontal mouselook only, but NOAUTOAIM flag kinda ruins this experience. This is super easy to edit out though.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

HI man! Thanks for liking the mod!

- Hmmm, gotta check the code again, but it's probably not intended (maybe it's a random angle).
- Are you playing with the alternate HUD? I believe the HUD display only health, main ammo and armor.
- I don't know how to CVAR flags, but that's something to research =p
HUGEGUTS

Post by HUGEGUTS »

GAA1992 wrote:Are you playing with the alternate HUD? I believe the HUD display only health, main ammo and armor.
Nope, I use default one. Anyway, for integrity of test just ran the mod on fresh gzdoom 3.7.2 installation, and grenade counter for shotgun appears on both screen sizes, even though altfire is set to triple burst.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

I just noticed that there is no landing sound anymore. This mod used to have that cool landing sound effect but now I can only hear vanilla one "hmp". Is there something wrong with my gzdoom?
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

elCreyo wrote:I just noticed that there is no landing sound anymore. This mod used to have that cool landing sound effect but now I can only hear vanilla one "hmp". Is there something wrong with my gzdoom?
I checked, and it definitely have sounds for jumping and landing. Try fresh gzdoom install or check autoload.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

You're right. It works again. I don't know why it didn't work.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

How do I get This working with smooth doom?
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Also A suggestion for for the next version, a quick melee option that can be activated on every weapon
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

TheOldKingCole wrote:How do I get This working with smooth doom?
It doesn't. Unless there is a monsters-only version. And it should be loaded before Flakes.
TheOldKingCole wrote:Also A suggestion for for the next version, a quick melee option that can be activated on every weapon
Sorry, it won't happen. The mod tries to maintain a vanilla basis.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”