Flakes Doom v2.6b (Updated 06/03/18) Home fixes

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Flakes Doom v1.3 (Vanilla-Enhancer) Updated 15/12

Post by wildweasel »

Okay, small bits of feedback:

- The Machineguns and Chainguns have the same pickup messages.
- The hand grenades are still selectable when empty.
- I feel like the super shotgun's firing sounds are backwards - the single-fire sound feels way beefier than the double-fire sound...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ahh haa, so this is the mod you said you want to use some of my sound effect. Looks amazingly vanilla and nice mod to play, i say!
Spoiler: But may i tell you some gripes? Hope you don't mind.
So, that's about it. I might play this mod for a day, it's quite fun to play through!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks again weasel and J, i'm glad you care about the mod!

Let's go. Aside from the bugs noticed, and that will be fixed:

- The chainsaw is going to have an alternate fire, just like the chaingun.

- The difference between both shots is: The primary shot is the standard bfg shot, with a small cooldown. The secondary fire is the same thing, but it can be "charged" and released when desired, at the price of a bigger cooldown, otherwise you would only use the secondary fire, right?

P.S.: The double shotgun blast is actually the vanillas' original Super Shotgun sound (Perkristian's actually), with a bigger reverb, bassboost and volume. I could swear it would give good impression :lol:

guess i'll go back to the doom 3 sound :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

GAA1992 wrote:P.S.: The double shotgun blast is actually the vanillas' original Super Shotgun sound (Perkristian's actually), with a bigger reverb, bassboost and volume. I could swear it would give good impression :lol:
Now i actually heard it right by hearing it with headphone. Sounds powerful, but seems not clear and clank-ier than single fire. And you know, these sound effects are what i want to hear;
forflakesdoom.zip
(136.92 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Those sounds are mixture of perk's HD sound effects from eriguns.wad and some SSG fire sound effects from your mod.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

OOOOH, i loved this!

Seems like there'll be a new update today!

I'll come back as soon as i finish.

Okey dokey, here it is!
Spoiler:
Let's see how this goes :)
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

For sounds need to pay more attention. All sound files must be in the same format, the same quality and with a balanced volume level.
Attachments
3 - Super Shotgun.rar
(29.4 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Flakes Doom v1.4 (Vanilla-Enhancer) Updated 16/12

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Doomenator wrote:For sounds need to pay more attention. All sound files must be in the same format, the same quality and with a balanced volume level.
Hmm, i think i nailed it. But nice work, anyway.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

This looks pretty cool! I'll have to check it out later.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

GAA1992 wrote: - The difference between both shots is: The primary shot is the standard bfg shot, with a small cooldown. The secondary fire is the same thing, but it can be "charged" and released when desired, at the price of a bigger cooldown, otherwise you would only use the secondary fire, right?
Should the Altfire be a (little) bit stronger and consume 60 ammo?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I personally think that the capability to charge the shot is something very cheap, in my opinion. You don't need to calculate the BFG animation timing, y'know... better stick like that.

Also, i don't know the best way to implement this, but aside from the flamethrower, i thought on THIS:

A plasma orb that stays damaging enemies for a while. It's great. i even know which sprites to use without being dumb. But, as for the BFG, it's a bad idea.
Deii

Post by Deii »

Why not make a plasma grenade of sorts as well? You could just make a palette swap on the regular grenade (coloring the yellow bit with a nice shade of blue ).

Just a suggestion, but it'd be pretty neat...specially for slaughter maps.

On the BFG, I actually think there should be more power to its altfire. While charging the shot up and being able to release it whenever, anyone who's played Metroid and other retro games knows that charging shots = more damage. Feels a bit awkward without that extra oomph.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

A plasma grenade? Hmmm... sounds neat. Will work on something. Sprites are the latest thing to worry about.

Well, since you guys want it, the next update will bring the bfg with a buffed altfire.

:D
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, i think there's no better place to do it than here; tomorrow night i'll go on a looong 8 hours trip to my hometown, spend my days with the family, old friends i haven't seen in a long-ass time, and all those stuff.

The thing is that i'll unfortunately will be far away from my machine. I won't stop coming in here(and won't stop working on slade in the free time), but bugfixes, news and stuff will be given a really long pause before i get back to my house.

Nullwire: i loved the pistol sprites! Looks like a good replacement, but i'll have to ask DIMOShunter first.

The GamingRoom forum done it again! now they made a showcase video of this very Flakes mod! Lowtech is the one coming next.

This is the time to start noting down your suggestions and ideas so i can have lots of work to do when i come back!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”