Baradoom: Rose-scented Annihilation

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Baradoom: Rose-scented Annihilation

Post by Skelegant »

After playing Russian Overkill, I wanted to make a similarly overpowered weapon set, but useable in regular maps. This is an early version of what will hopefully be a decent weapon and monster replacement wad.
Scratch that, it's just a fun little overpowered weapon set full of roses and manly grunts
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lrf48n9uc ... radoom.wad
And here's a boss map to try the weapons out on: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jnl0s4c2g ... celsus.wad

WEAPONS:
Big Manly Fists: Rodas can gib a zombie in one blow. Altfire: Dance like a witch and punch like a mule.
Big Ol' Revolver: Small but packs a wallop. It's all in how you use it ;)
Big Bad Shotgun: Shoot off a massive load of burning lead and rose petals into whatever's in front of you. Altfire: Load up 4 shells and shoot that load into whatever's in front of you as well as the rest of the room.
Big Bad Double Shotty: Blast zombies into mist and rose petals with this behemoth of a gun. Altfire: Rapidfire single shells.
Whacking Great Minigun: Long and potent. Altfire: Rose petals rain down as you pour bullets into your foes.
Deluxe Rocket Launcher: Alright, this one's just a straight up dong (albeit with the power to blow demons into tiny rose-flavored giblets) Altfire: Shoots slightly weaker but homing missiles
Plasma Cannon: Rapid fire blue energy balls with the power to take down a cyberdemon in seconds.
Hard Core F****r 9000: Bring your foes to a deadly climax with this massive weapon. Anything in its way will be atomized.

outdated boss battle vid

Credits:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Skelegant on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
tuintje

Re: Baradoom: Rose-scented Annihilation

Post by tuintje »

I like it so far :) it's a good start
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Skelegant wrote:After playing Russian Overkill, I wanted to make a similarly overpowered weapon set, but useable in regular maps
I'm confused. Russian Overkill doesn't work in regular maps? (I mean, I understand where it would conflict with DEHACKED thanks to the WolfSS replacements, but minus that...)
Deii

Post by Deii »

Huh, this is...interesting. I don't really know where the bara part really shows, aside of the HUD changes, rose petals and...those gloves.

This is really 90's you know.
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

This needs a kind of OP plasma/rail rifle.

Also when you drop the revolver this haves the shotgun sprite pickup..
Carrascado

Post by Carrascado »

Zhs2 wrote:
Skelegant wrote:After playing Russian Overkill, I wanted to make a similarly overpowered weapon set, but useable in regular maps
I'm confused. Russian Overkill doesn't work in regular maps? (I mean, I understand where it would conflict with DEHACKED thanks to the WolfSS replacements, but minus that...)
I'm not sure but I think that what Skelegant means is that Russian Overkill is so extremely OP that it isn't very funny (or it doesn't even make sense) to play it on regular maps (with regular difficulty and a regular amount of enemies).

By the way, I tested it out and it looks fun 8-)
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Zhs2 wrote: Russian Overkill doesn't work in regular maps?
It's more a matter of it working too well :D God-tier power levels are good fun and all, but it kind of breaks most regular maps (unless they're puzzle based) and I wanted something less beautifully ridiculous but still overpowered.

As for the whole bara theme, I just think fabulous muscly dudes and giant weapons go well together :D
Deii

Post by Deii »

...in this case I demand for a portion of Awaken to be played upon picking up a berserk pack.
Spoiler:
Seriously, it's just too good not to happen. PLEASE.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

MY GOD
YOU ARE A GENIUS

It will be done :D
Lime

Post by Lime »

This is a good mod. My favorite is the Minigun just to show how Rosas fills the violence with passion from the roses. Also I Love OP Weapons. :3:
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Just added the music to the berserk back (which is now a x5 damage multiplier) and tweaked the speed of the shotties.

Also added an altfire to the fists
Spoiler:
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

That video is just wonderful!

Gonna be honest tho, the unmaker fireball launcher thing seems like it's just a better, cooler looking rocket launcher. Why not just use that as the rocket launcher instead of the normal one?

Also, you may want to use a different firing sound for the minigun rather than the skulltag minigun sound. Perhaps something from like this from http://opengameart.org/content/chaingun ... tgun-shots? Or from the The Free Firearm Sound Library?

Oh, and would you ever consider adding harmless tracers(you'll still fire the bulletpuff, but also a tracer projectile at the same time usually with a fastspeed of about 1000 or something absurdly high), just for aesthetic purposes? (of which Zanieon made, btw)
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Thanks for the suggestions :) I've given the unmaker double splash damage (i.e each bfgsplash thingy releases its own bfgsplash thingies) , so hopefully now it'll be more than a glorified rocket launcher (although I do want to make it do more "weird" stuff, to reflect its unearthly nature) and I changed the sounds for the minigun and pistol (I kind of want to save the cowboy sound effects for another mod)

I'm not sure whether tracers would be a good idea, they're a little too glitchy (the ones I've tried to make, that is)
Deii

Post by Deii »

So...I noticed you are using mostly Eriance-made sprites for a good chunk of the weapons. Have you perhaps considered replacing the starting revolver or perhaps acquired instead of chaingun spawns (while still having chaingun guys drop the minigun upon death) with a sort of rifle, using the sprites of the automatic shotgun? Maybe make it something kinda like a strong and accurate rifle a la gauss cannon from 2016 or something - gibs cacos in one shot, but you have to be precise.

It goes without saying this is becoming one my favorite mods. I'll keep looking around for any possible tweaks/bugs - in the mean time, you keep being fabulous.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Being overpowered mean is romance, and the beauty of the domination in someway. Like this mod!

Anyway, have you ever thought about more altfire for the OP beauties? Also i'm expecting the big and tough puff effects to perfect the taste, too.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”