Baradoom: Rose-scented Annihilation

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
4thcharacter

Re: Baradoom: Rose-scented Annihilation

Post by 4thcharacter »

Alright, I tried this and I laugh everytime I hear the music that plays everytime I pick up a pendant.

Wonder if it couldn't hurt if I try this with Jimmy's barrel mod? It puts the romance into a whole 'nother level.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

4thcharacter wrote:Alright, I tried this and I laugh everytime I hear the music that plays everytime I pick up a pendant.

Wonder if it couldn't hurt if I try this with Jimmy's barrel mod? It puts the romance into a whole 'nother level.
I recommend this
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh, neat. Now violet can cheat.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Finally got around to updating this :D
Reloading has been removed from the primary fire modes, and everything feels more solid and less like party poppers.
The Unmaker has been removed and the bfg and plasma rifle have been fixed up a little (the plasma rifle still needs its own pickup sprite though)
500% more rose petals
and compatibility has been added for Brodoom (not much use til I release it though :P )
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Now this is blossoming art! Glad you're back on this mod and gotta download this again.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

This works especially well with Colorful Hell, considering the quint damage powerup can drop from certain enemies that drop berserk packs.

I also found it somewhat funny I wouldn't be one to rely on the fist's alt-fire too much, considering the rapid-fists tend to be more sufficient. Also, the shotgun's altfire's a neat equivalent for the quad. I would definitely save the HCF for those big-boss enemies and those crowds of particularly god-awful enemies. (The plasma cannon still works fine with crowds, though, in terms of ammo efficiency) Did I mention I love the rocket launcher's alt-fire?
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

Wtf is bara anyway?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Bara is a genre mostly aimed at gay dudes (but there's a lot of girls who are into it too, I should know lol) featuring primarily muscly gay dudes being all posey and stuff. Don't google it unless you're into that kinda thing though ;)
Baradoom takes inspiration from the bara genre but tries to stay fairly PG 13 lol
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yet it can be awesome and manly if you mix with the badassness juuuust right, like in this mod!
john190

Post by john190 »

The mods is great but theres a little problem. You could for example have the starting pistol have an alternative fire which whould be fan-firing.
And the pickups need a whole lot of reskinning. Like a health bonus should be rose and medkit should be a bouquet of roses and so on.
Also need more weapons and re-animations. Such the supershotgun. Also I was expecting a lever action shotgun (terminator reference, the shotgun you have already added is great to but come on box of roses.)
Overall this is agreat mod I am looking foward to what are you gonna do with it.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

I'm hopefully gonna do some item reskinning eventually, but please don't be demanding about it, I'm not Santa Claus :D
A rapid altfire for the revolver is a good idea, I'll look into adding that
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

this reminds me of my pastel goth doom mod, good stuff dude!
john190

Post by john190 »

Skelegant wrote:I'm hopefully gonna do some item reskinning eventually, but please don't be demanding about it, I'm not Santa Claus :D
A rapid altfire for the revolver is a good idea, I'll look into adding that
I dont demand just pointing it out. Thank you for the response.
Bloxxer23

Post by Bloxxer23 »

This mod has a distinct...JoJo feel to it. Me likey. Good shit as always, Baba Skelegant!
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

took me two months but I finally made the video I promised at Skelegant's channel. Now I have to look into this Doom Star mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”