Special Weapons: Updated 01-24-17

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZikShadow

Re: Special Weapons: Updated 12-06-16 [beta]

Post by ZikShadow »

Been doin' some searching for weapon sprites.
Can these help?

https://www.mediafire.com/?rchk4uk978t44bi
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Ooh, that is just the style I'm after. I've already got a possible lead on some actual RS3 rips with hands/animation right now, but if I could get a complete set of weapon sprites in that same vein I'd much prefer centered weapon. :P I'm not a Doom purist, but my preference for centered weapons has just been ingrained in me from childhood. :)
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Right, updated the stuff again with more weapons, 22 total.
I might not be able to retrieve all of them, but these should help a bit.

EDIT :

Added more, 39 total.
Only the Assault Rifles weapons are left to hunt.

EDIT 2 :

Done what i can, 51 total.
Only thing missing is just the HK21 and the Valmet M82, no idea where to find those ones.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

ZikShadow wrote:Right, updated the stuff again with more weapons, 22 total.
I might not be able to retrieve all of them, but these should help a bit.

EDIT :

Added more, 39 total.
Only the Assault Rifles weapons are left to hunt.

EDIT 2 :

Done what i can, 51 total.
Only thing missing is just the HK21 and the Valmet M82, no idea where to find those ones.
Wow, you've been busy. Good luck on the Valmet; I suspect an HK21 might be floating around somewhere - mind the specific variant here is 21E - but I'm impressed either way. I'd be happy to recolor, offset, etc. and animate the weapons, but I've been working all day on features.

I'm about to upload some big changes after I test them for a little bit. I've added the ability to select your starting weapons under Gameplay Options; I don't know if the implementation is multiplayer compatible. Someone with "real" internet would have to test that for me. :P I've also added more fleshed out names for many of the weapons, including their manufacturer's names in some cases. Also corrected an ammo error; the SR-2 Veresk should be using 9x21mm rounds instead of the standard 9mm pool, so it now has its own ammo pool.

I have a thought that I'd like to share and maybe get some feedback: what if I took the micro SMGs - Mac 11, Micro-Uzi, etc. - and made them use the pistol slot? Then you could set up your loadout for a micro SMG and a sniper rifle, or for an assault rifle and a heavy caliber pistol, etc. Add to the loadout variety. Just a thought; I like the idea personally.

EDIT: I've uploaded the changes. Everyone try it out and let me know how horrible/wonderful/mediocre it is! ;)
And has anyone tried this in coop/DM? Let me know how it plays!
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

SidDoyle wrote: Wow, you've been busy. Good luck on the Valmet; I suspect an HK21 might be floating around somewhere - mind the specific variant here is 21E - but I'm impressed either way. I'd be happy to recolor, offset, etc. and animate the weapons, but I've been working all day on features.
And their aesthetics could be like that of Sgt Shivers or Neccronixis art style
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

ZikShadow wrote:Only thing missing is just the HK21 and the Valmet M82, no idea where to find those ones.
Come to think of it, the HK23 is just a longer-barreled HK21 judging by the sprites I already have. Might be able to modify one to make the other.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Found what i think may be quite similar to the M82.
Last edited by ZikShadow on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Sadly it's way too dark!
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Okay, made it slightly brighter.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

I recolored it. Image I'm not sure what's going on in this image, exactly... is that some kind of iron sight on the left-hand side?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Apparently so, searches on the Valmat's ironsights shows it having Bren-like offsets.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now that explains it, although the sprite one seems not absolutely centered unlike this picture.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Am i the only one unable to run the mod because it crashes each time a map is loaded?

Ho and yes i have the most recent dev build and it still crashing.

EDIT: Now it's loading but i can't use any weapons and i can't pickup the pistol replacing the chainsaw(map 1 of Doom 2)

Also note that for me the mod crashes each time i'm loading it with someone's else non-weapon mods
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Endless123 wrote:Am i the only one unable to run the mod because it crashes each time a map is loaded?

Ho and yes i have the most recent dev build and it still crashing.

EDIT: Now it's loading but i can't use any weapons and i can't pickup the pistol replacing the chainsaw(map 1 of Doom 2)

Also note that for me the mod crashes each time i'm loading it with someone's else non-weapon mods
I think you are running the unstable dev builds, use GZDoom 2.2.0, not the devbuilds! They mess up stuff
Deii

Post by Deii »

I never thought a weapon mod without any visuals would be so awesome to play. Everything is really well balanced from what I can see, and the sounds/mechanics at play are also pretty good.

Gladly waiting for the next update! Centered real life weapons in a Doom mod is quite the combination, actually.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”