Grabimod DEnhance v1.1 - NEW update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Grabimod DEnhance v1.1 - NEW update

Postby grabisoft » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi im Grabisoft, and i just registered to give you guys my mod.

Do you wonder what would happen if BrutalDoom, BeautifulDoom, Eriguns and my beautiful hands would put the potara rings and fuse ???? 8-)

Here is a description:

I love playing Doom since I was 5. I still remember playing it on my old 386 PC. Back in the day, Doom graphics were pretty amazing, but nowadays with blazing fast processors, ultra-powerful video cards and modern OS, the good old Doom games aged pretty badly. I decided to assemble the "perfect gameplay mod" to enhance basic gameplay and graphic aspects of the game to improve its enjoyment with new stuff but always trying to stay as loyal to the original as possible.

THIS MOD ONLY WORKS WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF GZDOOM OR ZANDRONUM v3.0

So this PK3, essentially has:
* Brutal monsters
* Eriguns weapons, I personally balanced all the weapons and increased the animation speeds of the pistol and the shotgun so the gameplay stays exciting. I also added bullet casings to the ballistic weapons, such as pistol, shotgun, super shotgun, auto shotgun, minigun and machinegun. I also amplified the overall weapon sounds so they sound more powerful. Plus made a couple of tweaks to the overall maximum capacity of ammunition you can carry to stay cool even when the gatlingun after shooting a lot. I also modified the spread of bullets for the machinegun, shotguns and minigun so that it plays smooth.
* Lights effects on items
* HD backgrounds and credits
* Doomvisor for widescreen resolutions, optional or classic hud with 1366x768 screens.

I must thank the original creators of the raw material such as SGtMarkIV for brutal monsters, Eriance for weapon sprites and Xaser for the base code, and Jekyll_Grim_Payne for the fists/chaisaw from beautiful doom.

I personally took quite some time to make this even though some might say its just a simple copy paste.. which it was not. Ive been reading a lot of stuff from the internet learning ways to mod stuff and tweak the mod up to the point until it feels really nice to play.. and eventually you can forget and get rid of the original doom weapons... ultimately choosing this mod as the main means to play doom. hopefully.
I got a lot of knowledge from some posts of this website, so i think its fair to share this produced content here to the community.

Here are some screenshots of the mod and a gameplay video:

KEEP IN MIND THAT AT THE MOMENT OF SHOOTING THE VIDEO, SINCE THEN, I HAVE UPDATED A LOT OF STUFF, FIXED A LOT OF BUGS.
MOST IMPORTANT UPDATES SINCE THE VIDEO:
* missing machinegun sprite SOLVED
* shotgun reload sound and better spawn of shell SOLVED
* pistol better spawn of casings SOLVED
* better fists animation SOLVED
* better chainsaw animation along with new cool sounds SOLVED
* rebalance of all the weapons SOLVED

NEW UPDATE
* brutal monsters now die in brutal fashion depending on what weapon you use SOLVED
* FX sound added to the fist when you punch a wall, or swing your punch in the air SOLVED

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/grabimod-denhancer-v11
Or here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gcyd2bv1i ... er+v1.1.7z

Thanks i really hope you like it. give me your feedback, it will be apreciated.
Last edited by grabisoft on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 21 times in total.
grabisoft

Re: Grabimod DEnhance v1.0

Postby Hellser » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:41 pm

grabisoft wrote:I must thank the original creators of the raw material such as SGtMarkIV and the guy who made the eriguns sprites.

That 'guy' would be Amuscaria, the Artist formerly known as Eriance. Also, Eriguns was made by Xaser using Eriance / Amuscaria's weapon sprites that they were releasing at the time.

Just give credit where it's due. :)
Hellser
Remember Citadel
Global Moderator

Discord: Hellser#8156
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby grabisoft » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Clam down "dude", i just added the name, not a big deal. enjoy life, enjoy the mod, be happy.
grabisoft

Postby mutator » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:26 pm

nice mod :)
mutator

Postby Nemesis6 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:42 pm

Looking through the video, I noticed a graphical bug: The weapon at 01:38 has a missing frame in the shooting animation, meaning that it blinks invisible for just that tiny amount of time between the frames.
Also, I couldn't help but notice the intermission music from repercussions of evil, though it seems to fit quite well for the purpose though.

Some other observations: HD textures don't mesh well aesthetically with Brutal Doom. They look better, but they don't fit the art style used in Brutal Doom, that is to say one that keeps the original style and just adds upon it with more frames in the form of monster actions and movement etc. If it's just intermission screens it's not that bad, just be aware of this little visual conflict. Same with the music -- These are things you probably added alongside, but it's not a good idea to do so in presentation videos because it makes it hard to see what's part of the mod and what's not.
Nemesis6

Postby grabisoft » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:52 pm

HD textures and custom music was just a random addon.. they are not included in the mod.
besides, custom music is a question of taste, i personally like having remastered themes. its just a matter of adding them or not, its personal preference.
in my opinion i think brutalised monsters fit perfectly well with a more agressive background music and not the regular vanilla tunes.
and the problem with the missing frame has been solved since yesterday.

Thats why i ask people to download the mod itself and play it, not judge it by simple screenshots or the video gameplay.
its ridiculous to think i would upload a new video every time i solve minor bugs, screens and video are just to get an idea of what the mod is all about.
if you actually want to give a reasonable opinion in which i could take some sort of useful feedback, then play the mod. :D
grabisoft

Postby NullWire » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Maybe, this could be very useful for you..
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2ip3dq4j ... evelop.rar

I have the idea to make the eriance guns too, at diference to add the D3 grenades, chainsaw, new skin items, counter on the machine gun and seeking missiles for the missile launcher.

& some Eriance monsters..
NullWire

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:41 pm

I like it. Being honest and sincere, i can't say i haven't seen that before. But hey, this is pretty enjoyable!

Although, i have to mention some minor nitpick stuffs.

- Shotgun doesn't have a pumping sound.
- Pistol casings are spawning way too far from the gun.
- Fists are barehanded and not as as smooth as weapons. You could check (and ask permission) to use Perkristian smooth fist frames, and maintain a certain linearity.
- Chainsaw up sound is way too low on volume.

Other than that, i think this is really cool and has potential. Also, Blood difficulty level names :D

Keep the good work!
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby wpninja » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Off-topic question, what wad is that first screenshot from?
wpninja

Postby grabisoft » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:25 am

GAA1992 wrote:I like it. Being honest and sincere, i can't say i haven't seen that before. But hey, this is pretty enjoyable!

- Fists are barehanded and not as as smooth as weapons. You could check (and ask permission) to use Perkristian smooth fist frames, and maintain a certain linearity.

Other than that, i think this is really cool and has potential. Also, Blood difficulty level names :D

Keep the good work!

Ok ! thanks for the feedback i really apreciate it. I will try to add the shotgun pumping sound i didnt notice that ! :P . I will check the pistol casing thing as well.
On the other hand i dont think i will update the fists as its something i rarely use in-game, an the chainsaw sound.. i will also check it and see if i can solve it toning the volume down.

Thanks ! Maybe today or tomorrow those things will be fixed.

* "On the other hand i dont think i will update the fists" - lol not only i updated the fists but also the chainsaw
Last edited by grabisoft on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grabisoft

Postby grabisoft » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:27 am

wpninja wrote:Off-topic question, what wad is that first screenshot from?

Lol i dont remember frankly. I just picked a random wad for the screenshot from my mega collection folder. If i ever found out again i will tell you.
One thing is for sure, that screenshot was from the first level of the wad... i remember i spawned and went inmediately left... and took the screen.
grabisoft

Postby grabisoft » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:28 am

NullWire wrote:Maybe, this could be very useful for you..
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2ip3dq4j ... evelop.rar

I have the idea to make the eriance guns too, at diference to add the D3 grenades, chainsaw, new skin items, counter on the machine gun and seeking missiles for the missile launcher.

& some Eriance monsters..

Thants cool ! let me know your progress. I personally dont like including Doom 3 stuff or the modified monsters into my mod.
grabisoft

Postby grabisoft » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:02 pm

GAA1992 wrote:I like it. Being honest and sincere, i can't say i haven't seen that before. But hey, this is pretty enjoyable!

Keep the good work!

There you go man,
your wish is my command

All the updates you suggested are done.
grabisoft

Postby NullWire » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:52 pm

You can take my resources for you mod (I'm not working in him anymore), specially the Chainsaw sprites and the grenades, with this ones maybe the mod looks more ¨complete¨ also there is An railgun full set too lol.
NullWire

Postby grabisoft » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:30 pm

NullWire wrote:You can take my resources for you mod (I'm not working in him anymore), specially the Chainsaw sprites and the grenades, with this ones maybe the mod looks more ¨complete¨ also there is An railgun full set too lol.

Thanks for your cooperation ! but im not looking to put doom3 weapons. The chainsaw i recently added its nice. But i really apreciate your concern. Check the latest version i just uploaded.
grabisoft

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods