Bullet-Eye - v0.12.5b - 3/5/24 - Even More Improvements!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Which Weapon Family Do You Find Yourself Using Often?

Power
29%
Area
6%
Rapid
29%
Tech
24%
Support
No votes
Melee
12%

Total votes: 17

Cherno

Re: Bullet-Eye (SNES/Retro Style Mod) v0.9.5 - Stop & Swap

Post by Cherno »

I like the concept of this mod and I would like to know if there have been any attempts to make maps specifically for it. I envision retro-style 16-bit textures inspired by Super Contra and the like, as well as levels that have a continuous stream of enemies coming at the player (or the player being on the move all the time to push forward). Large end of level bosses like armoured vehicles and fortresses with turrets and whatnot. Helicopters dropping bombs... you know the deal ;)
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Post by Mor'Ladim »

Mister_Y_675 wrote:If you need an idea for the quick strike weapon a laser katana would be cool if it doesn't have to be a gun
Funny you should say that, as I was originally going to have it be a laser katana after Combine Kegan suggested that it should be an energy knife. I settled for an knife weapon, and am currently in the process of spriting it. I plan to add other energy blade weapons and the like in the future! Maybe even a different combat system for melee weapons, compared to firearms. I could also separate them into a new class!
Cherno wrote:I like the concept of this mod and I would like to know if there have been any attempts to make maps specifically for it. I envision retro-style 16-bit textures inspired by Super Contra and the like, as well as levels that have a continuous stream of enemies coming at the player (or the player being on the move all the time to push forward). Large end of level bosses like armoured vehicles and fortresses with turrets and whatnot. Helicopters dropping bombs... you know the deal ;)
I did have the idea of making a custom mapset one day, since I at least have some basic knowledge of mapping. With custom retro-looking textures too! I am not sure when I would be able to start such a project, but it IS something I'd like to do eventually.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Hey, is it possible that the game crashes when using the Spitfire III excessively? I assume that all those additional bullets generated on impact combiend with the high rate of fire causes problems. I am playing through the vanilla D2 campaign and once I reached level III with my Spitfire (love that gun) the game started crashing after firing lots of bullets. It didn't happen with any other weapon so far.
Mor'Ladim

Post by Mor'Ladim »

Cherno wrote:Hey, is it possible that the game crashes when using the Spitfire III excessively? I assume that all those additional bullets generated on impact combiend with the high rate of fire causes problems. I am playing through the vanilla D2 campaign and once I reached level III with my Spitfire (love that gun) the game started crashing after firing lots of bullets. It didn't happen with any other weapon so far.
You're definitely not the first with that problem! I should really look into setting up some effect reduction options to see if that hopefully helps.

In other news, I am working on setting up random music to be played throughout maps (after getting some help!) and should be available in the next update. Each map start will select a random song, and will stick with it until the next map, even after using Bullet-Eye Mode, which of course, uses its own pool of music tracks. I am personally going through a ton of tracks of both Genesis and SNES music as we speak, and selecting what I believe would sound great during gameplay. Hopefully you all enjoy my selections! This does mean that custom music add-ons cannot be used anymore, but I think it beats reverting back to the default DOOM II music.

This does also mean that I can finally use some songs I thought were rather nice, but wouldn't fit with Bullet-Eye Mode. The Thunder Force series comes to mind!
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SoulCircle »

Whenever I play Bullet-eye, I use the Doom SNES Jukebox Ultrapack. Just thought I would put that out there as it seems to fit the mod!
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

Let me just check out how this mod has been going, imma play it with mutiny DEAR GOD MAP 2 THERE ARE TOO MANY CHAINGUNNERS

Chaingunner replacements are even MORE of an asshole XD
Mor'Ladim

Post by Mor'Ladim »

I showed this video on a few Discord servers, and thought I should show it here as well, as there is no sense in keeping it a secret!

This is just one of the weapons planned to be in the next update. You may have seen me post the sprite of this weapon much earlier, and here you can see it in action. This weapon has a baseline ability that allows the blade to split during travel, after using the Flash Guard ability. I'm attempting to make some of the newer weapons more fun to use, so hopefully you will all have fun with them in the next update. You can also hear a preview of the random map music that will be available in the next update!
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SoulCircle »

Looking beautiful as always, Mor. Keep up the amazing work.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now with tron's destructo disc, i see!... Ehh just kidding. It looks deadly and funny to use and the sound effect is also satisfying too!
sir_firebrand

Post by sir_firebrand »

IDK if anyone else asked this, is there any way or chance of playing this mod with custom monster mods? (I would love to play this with colorful hell.) Any chance of adding support for this? Any chance of a colorful hell support in Bullet -eye?

IMO they would play really nicely together.
Mor'Ladim

Post by Mor'Ladim »

sir_firebrand wrote:IDK if anyone else asked this, is there any way or chance of playing this mod with custom monster mods? (I would love to play this with colorful hell.) Any chance of adding support for this? Any chance of a colorful hell support in Bullet -eye?

IMO they would play really nicely together.
Support for Colorful Hell is actually something I wanted to add, and I already got the OK from the author in Discord some time last month. I'll see if I can add support for it as soon as possible. Thanks for the feedback!
RustyController

Post by RustyController »

yo sorry to be a pain but what exactly is the bullet eye gun's theme?
Mor'Ladim

Post by Mor'Ladim »

RustyController wrote:yo sorry to be a pain but what exactly is the bullet eye gun's theme?
Do you mean the song that plays? That will be hard to pinpoint, as it selects a random song from a pool of 49 tracks! The best I can do for you at the moment, is direct you the original theme used for Bullet-Eye Mode in earlier builds, before a random track pool was used:

http://project2612.org/details.php?id=454
The track used was 25, 'Unknown (Sound Code 0B)'

Hope this helps!

Track list linked for your convenience.
Spoiler:
Mor'Ladim

Re: Bullet-Eye (SNES/Retro Style Mod) v0.9.6 - Killin' Tunes

Post by Mor'Ladim »

WELL, I had a big update planned before I wanted to release anything else, since I had a cool TITLEMAP all set up for it. But when playing the mod, I actually experienced the L3 Spitfire crashes that some have experienced. On my new PC no less! (Didn't seem to happen on my older one) So with that, I am going to release a small content update, because I don't want such a critical bug floating around. The 'meat' of this update adds one new weapon, and one new sub-weapon, plus some music tracks that will play during maps! There are quite the number of balance changes and quality of life improvements, so I hope you all enjoy!

As always, if you come across any bugs or other errors, I would be happy to know!

EDIT: Oh, and I'll try to get a reloading system in the next update, since a lot of players seem to want it after all!
v0.9.6 - 12/7/17
=WEAPONS=
+GENERAL+
-New weapon, "Winged Reaver" added.
+SPITFIRE+
-Base projectile damage slightly increased.
-Fixed crashing issues when firing L3 version rapidly.
+SPREAD SHOT+
-Increased damage on higher tier enemies.
-Increased number of projectiles L3 effect produces.
+BLAZE STREAM+
-Increased flame range and damage.
-L2 effect firerate increased.
-Fixed bug where L2 effect would slightly damage player.
-Fixed L2 effect sound glitch.
-L3 fireball launches projectiles at a faster rate.
+CHASER MISSILE+
-Reduced overall damage but increased fire rate.
-L3 effect damage increased.
-Increased radius of explosion.
+QUICK STRIKE+
-Now has a unique weapon graphic.
-Now deals melee damage at close range, in addition to its projectile firing effect.
+STORM GRENADE+
-Damage reduced slightly.
-Some effects are disabled at a certain distance to alleviate problems with lower end PCs.
+VIPER WAVE+
-Base projectile damage slightly increased.
+TRIPLE WYVERN+
-Fixed bug where weapon powerup would not be collected when the Triple Wyvern is in the second slot.
+BULLET-EYE+
-New music tracks added.
-Flash Guard and Quick Kick can now be used during Bullet-Eye Mode.
-Fixed bug where obtaining an Invulnerability Sphere while activating Bullet-Eye would remove the invulnerability effect.

=SUB-WEAPONS=
+GENERAL+
-New Sub-Weapon, "Flame Bloom Darts" added.
+ENERGY CLAWS+
-Slashes are now faster and recovery time has been reduced.
-L2 effect damage reduced.

=ABILITIES=
-Flash Guard can now deflect multiple projectiles in one use, as opposed to the original limit of one.
-Quick Kick damage is no longer randomized, and deals a static 80 damage per hit. Before, it would deal 30-90 damage.

=EQUIPMENT=
-New helmet added.
-Rampage Helmet effect slightly changed. It now has a chance to grant extra Bullet-Eye Energy gained from Sub-Weapon hits. Previously, it increased energy from kills. Changed in order to make the Relentless Headguard effect less redundant.
-Increased damage and range of Impact Chestguard effect.
-Increased damage and range of Riskbreaker Armor effect and now activates faster.

=ENEMIES=
+GENERAL+
-New Bounder variant, "Bounder Alpha" added. Bites from this enemy deal damage over time.
-Crusher and Riveting Bombadier now infight properly.
+CRUSHER+
-Now fires Scrap Shield in a fixed spread pattern.
-Movement speed increased slightly.
+RIVETING BOMBADIER+
-Reduced chance to spawn hologram.
-Reduced rivet damage slightly.
+BOUNDER+
-Can now leap over ledges and chasms when jumping towards the player.
+DREAD VISAGE+
-New visual effects added.
+CYCLOPTIC BRUTE+
-Decreased health by 50.
-Charging melee attack altered to be more responsive and less buggy.

=MISC.=
-Added music set to play in maps. A keybind can be set to skip to another random track.
-Added CVar to disable visual effects on some actors, such as Spitfire projectiles.
-Increased volume of player "damaged" sounds.
-Changed menu font for better readability.
-Added option to change Equipment Panel style.
-Drop style changed in order to make certain items, such as weapons, easier to collect.
insightguy

Re: Bullet-Eye (SNES/Retro Style Mod) v0.9.6 - Killin' Tunes

Post by insightguy »

Mor'Ladim wrote:EDIT: Oh, and I'll try to get a reloading system in the next update, since a lot of players seem to want it after all!
Can you please find a way to make it optional? I like to play this in more monster filled maps and reloading can be a bit of a mood-killer on such situations.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”