Bullet-Eye - v0.12.5b - 3/5/24 - Even More Improvements!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Which Weapon Family Do You Find Yourself Using Often?

Power
29%
Area
6%
Rapid
29%
Tech
24%
Support
No votes
Melee
12%

Total votes: 17

Gorec

Re: Bullet-Eye (SNES/Retro Style Mod) v0.9.6c - Killin' Tune

Post by Gorec »

i had 3 level darts and then i picked up war visor when i wanted to throw darts it became 3 level mines,i use latest stable gzdoom
also its not the latest ver of the mod but i dont see this fixed
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20180109_173626.png
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Post by Mor'Ladim »

Gorec wrote:i had 3 level darts and then i picked up war visor when i wanted to throw darts it became 3 level mines,i use latest stable gzdoom
also its not the latest ver of the mod but i dont see this fixed
Thanks for the report! I fixed it, but I will add it to the next smaller update, since it's a somewhat minor problem. I am currently working on a simple weapon experience system, and want to get it out with the next small update. If I can finish that off quickly, then I can hopefully add in another new feature related to weapons. It's a small, but neat feature that will add in a bit more customization!

As always, thanks for playing and providing feedback!
Mor'Ladim

Post by Mor'Ladim »

Hey, PALS! Just letting you know this isn't dead! I've actually been working on it slowly but surely. I have a lot of changes planned, and some new content, of course. Here are some videos showing a few things I've been doing:
Spoiler:
I aim to update weapons with little to no firing animations, and make them pleasing to use. There are also updates to the mechanics of some less interesting or awkward to use weapons. The most major change so far would be the Quick Strike, which makes it mainly a melee range weapon, with Alt-Fire unleashing ranged charge attacks.

Here is also an update for the weapon system: (Click to see a better, non-low quality view)
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/jPy5nZb[/imgur]

Weapons are now separated into families, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Capsules will now be color coded to reflect these changes, and will only drop weapons from that family.
RAPID - Green - Weak but fast firing. Easy to keep a bead on targets or deal with distant enemies.
POWER - Red - Strong but slow to recover from fire. Specializes in dealing with powerful targets.
AREA - Blue - Deals damage in an area, but usually lacks range. Good for crowd control.
TECH - Purple - Difficult to use, but effective when mastered.
SEEKER - Yellow - Seeks enemies, but cannot gain Bullet-Eye Energy on kills.
---
There is no limit to how many weapons in one family you can carry, but it is best to balance out your arsenal in many situations.

I also have a Tumblr where I very slowly/some times post updates: https://mor-ladim.tumblr.com/

As always, you can try out new changes with the development version, linked in the main post. Thanks for playing!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

SUPRA-KICKASS, Mor! More stuff, please. Keep it up!
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Just a quick nitpick on the Winged Reaver. I'd like it better if the splitting action was assigned to primary fire as with alt-fire, it causes me to accidentally use my sub-weapon a lot while using it.

EDIT: L3 description of Reaver is a copy of L1 description.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

HELL TO THE FUCK YES! Keep at it!

P.S. Is the spider chainsaw lady going to be an actual enemy?
Mor'Ladim

Post by Mor'Ladim »

Someone64 wrote:Just a quick nitpick on the Winged Reaver. I'd like it better if the splitting action was assigned to primary fire as with alt-fire, it causes me to accidentally use my sub-weapon a lot while using it.

EDIT: L3 description of Reaver is a copy of L1 description.
Fixed that bug, thanks! As for using primary fire instead, I can see about making it so you hold fire to split instead, but that may lead to accidental splitting. What I could do is add in a safeguard after using alt-fire, as I did with the Quick Strike, that should prevent you from using your sub-weapon for a very small window. I'll do some testing and see how it turns out. Also, thank you for testing!
insightguy wrote: P.S. Is the spider chainsaw lady going to be an actual enemy?
Yes, and hopefully I can finish it sooner rather than later! They will either replace Arachnotrons, or Hell Knights.

Oh! For those using the development version, I ask that you please save each time before exiting a map. I am trying to debug potential crashing issues that seemed to happen when a new map was loaded. I believe I know what code is causing it, and hopefully it was fixed. However, if players are still getting crashes, then I will just remove it altogether. Thank you!
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

I was actually just thinking clicking primary fire again to split instead of hold and release. So double clicking primary fire real fast will split it right in front of you and you'd still be able to use alt-fire while the Reaver's still flying and hasn't been split yet.
Mor'Ladim

Re: Bullet-Eye (SNES/Retro Style Mod) v0.9.7 - Candy Capsule

Post by Mor'Ladim »

I didn't get to add in everything I wanted to for this update, but it does have the slight weapon system revamp, the third primary slot, and new enemies! Plus a lot of other neat features. Besides, the last update was on the 26th of December of last year, so I wanted to have something to show! I DID want to at least make the Energy Claws into a primary weapon, but I was unable to do so. Hopefully I can release the next update sooner which will address that.
Spoiler:
Hope you all enjoy! Please let me know if you run across any bugs!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Sweet. I assume it only works with DOOM/DOOM2.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

YAY! New update!

Any plans on making the map pack that you said this was going to accompany or was that dropped?
Mor'Ladim

Post by Mor'Ladim »

AvzinElkein wrote:Sweet. I assume it only works with DOOM/DOOM2.
At the moment yes, but hopefully I can add in support for Heretic and Hexen down the line. I was thinking of also just making a 'spin-off' of Bullet-Eye, and focus on magic based weaponry and items.
insightguy wrote:Any plans on making the map pack that you said this was going to accompany or was that dropped?
It's something I would like to do, but I'd have to find the time to do it. It would be fun to do, as I could try to make maps with retro looking textures. But yes, time is a valuable resource which I find myself having less of. I'll just have to tackle this little by little if I want it to see the light of day.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I don't think it'd take much effort to add Chex Quest support, though; it seems to be very similar to DOOM!
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

You should probably make it so that you only start with 1 spitfire since when you pick up weapons, you drop a spitfire and collecting 2 other weapons means levelling up your spitfire to 3.

EDIT: It seems that the scrap cannon is lacking an L1 description.
Also, if you hit an enemy with an L3 (and maybe L2?) Reaver and the thing's long gone already, alt-firing still activates (or tries to since nothing comes out) its split ability.
L2 description of cluster bomb is broken.
Last edited by Someone64 on Thu May 03, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mor'Ladim

Post by Mor'Ladim »

Someone64 wrote:You should probably make it so that you only start with 1 spitfire since when you pick up weapons, you drop a spitfire and collecting 2 other weapons means levelling up your spitfire to 3.
Yes, I was planning to revamp the Spitfire and make it a non-starting weapon, and have some other kind of weapon to start out with that cannot level. It should alleviate the issue that you can easily get a L3 weapon so quickly. I'll attempt to release a small update that will add this in, and hopefully the Energy Claws converted to a primary weapon.

Thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”