D4DHF v0.3 - "Cloak and Dagger" [Add-On]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: D4DHF v02 - Nest Burglar Edition [Add-On]

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

I have found this weird glitch where you can't get the Praetor token if the guard spawns in a confined space, like this
Spoiler:
I had to noclip and move into him a little so I could grab it.
I was able to make it happen a second time, and the same thing happened, I couldn't grab it unless I nocliped.
Spoiler:
VICE

Post by VICE »

AFAIK small spaces shouldn't be a problem. The guards are defined to be "switching decorations", so they work like a switch (with the same activation distance, and they share the stupid "bug" that lets you activate them from any height).
In the first pic, you're about a couple of steps too far to be able to activate it. If you can't get closer to the guard, it's probably something in the map. I'll have a look at that map later and see what it's about.

Here's a quick update of what I'm working on:
Spoiler: new D4-inspired look for the grunts
Spoiler: another secret weapon you can only find in Nightmare mode
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Another weapon? Awesome!

Feedback?
A small damage reduction upgrade would be good actually considering how squishy Doomguy is, and how many monsters there are in some maps. I can suggest this:

Prerequisite: All Health, Armor, and Protection Upgrades must be purchased, does not stack with Protection upgrades.

Level 1 - 2.5% Reduced Damage - 10000 Credits + Token
Level 2 - 5% Reduced Damage - 20000 Credits + Token
Level 3 - 10% Reduced Damage - 40000 Credits + Token
One last one from me: An upgrade that allows Armor/Health Bonuses to exceed the 200 limit. The Bonuses become nearly useless when you have all of the Health and Armor upgrades.
VICE

Post by VICE »

This stuff isn't a priority, but I have it in mind. I'll probably make a few cap raising upgrades at some point.
I also have something planned that will make armor bonuses more interesting. :twisted:
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

This is great! I didn't find any bug so far.

Btw, If we manage to build that patch in the future, I think your 'dead elite' should be the only one available. It's more interesting and definitely more relevant to gameplay.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

I noticed something, running Doom 4 Doom and this with Maps of Chaos sometimes makes some kind of bug happen where there's one enemy left nowhere on the map, and even using the kill monsters command doesn't kill it.
VICE

Post by VICE »

Crimsondrgn wrote:I noticed something, running Doom 4 Doom and this with Maps of Chaos sometimes makes some kind of bug happen where there's one enemy left nowhere on the map, and even using the kill monsters command doesn't kill it.
I just tried running kill monsters a few times for each of the first ten MOC maps and I can't confirm it.
Are you using any other mods? What map did this happen on?

I can't confirm the BTSX map 11 guard issue either. Spawning guards in various spots in that small corridor and testing them, I can interact with all of them without noclip.
I'm going to need more details re: what other mods you're using, versions etc.
Also, did you hear any sound effects when you tried to interact with that guard?

And a quick reminder, if you're not running GZDoom 2.2 stable, there may be nothing I can do to help you if you find bugs. Currently, D4D isn't meant to run on anything else, and neither is HF.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I just discovered that the ammo capacity upgrades are broken, they keep resetting to level 1 when you go to the next level.
VICE

Post by VICE »

Thanks for spotting that! I'll patch this up ASAP.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

Spoiler:
152 of 155 monsters killed, the kill command doesn't work, and I'm only using the base mod, Maps of Chaos, and High Frequency.

It was Map 11 "o" of destruction and I used Give all and god mode to speed it along, the issue is the same as when I didn't.

First instinct is it might be an issue with gore nests.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

If you do not mind, I have another suggestion for an upgrade: prolonged duration of powerups (the 'demonic' ones: Invulnerabilty, Invisibility, Berserk, Quad Damage, Quad Money, Regeneration). I devised it as a credit sink, when you have most of the other upgrades already (weapon and credit ones are the priority for me, albeit I think I will made an exception for the Nightvision, as I am getting tired of the constant dark maps), especially since its effectiveness would be rather unreliable, due to randomness of finding powerups in unknown maps. To further make a point of this upgrade being an 'endgame' one, I would give it a high pricetag: 30K cr. or more.
Also: how about an analogous upgrade that prolong the duration of a Demon Morph Runes?
VICE

Post by VICE »

Crimsondrgn wrote:First instinct is it might be an issue with gore nests.
Unlikely, since the nests themselves are defined as switching decorations, not monsters, and anything they spawn uses the same mechanics that the D4D archvile uses.

I wasn't able to replicate it still. Tried a couple dozen times and I could always kill all monsters on M11 of MOC with the console. Sometimes I had to issue the command twice because of pain elementals or late unwilling spawns around nests, but the second time always gave me 100% kills.

I'll put a "-COUNTKILL" flag on some of the decoy and spawner actors I'm using on the next update, maybe that will do the trick for you. Otherwise I have no idea what might be causing it to happen on your end. Could be unrelated to HF.
shotfan wrote:If you do not mind, I have another suggestion for an upgrade: prolonged duration of powerups (the 'demonic' ones: Invulnerabilty, Invisibility, Berserk, Quad Damage, Quad Money, Regeneration). I devised it as a credit sink, when you have most of the other upgrades already (weapon and credit ones are the priority for me, albeit I think I will made an exception for the Nightvision, as I am getting tired of the constant dark maps), especially since its effectiveness would be rather unreliable, due to randomness of finding powerups in unknown maps. To further make a point of this upgrade being an 'endgame' one, I would give it a high pricetag: 30K cr. or more.
Looking at the game files, the D4D team actually planned something like that already (they actually had a whole menu category planned for powerups).
I may end up implementing something myself if they take a long time to release the next version.

I took care of the ammo issue Valharran mentioned. I'll try to get another version out tomorrow with various bugfixes and some of the content I managed to finish by now.
mutator

Post by mutator »

gore nests are handy :D just never kill the gore nest, it always spawn enemy and let the room flood with them, once you kill all that let gore nest spawn more so you can use gore nest as credit generator machine :D
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Megaherz wrote:
shotfan wrote:If you do not mind, I have another suggestion for an upgrade: prolonged duration of powerups (the 'demonic' ones: Invulnerabilty, Invisibility, Berserk, Quad Damage, Quad Money, Regeneration). I devised it as a credit sink, when you have most of the other upgrades already (weapon and credit ones are the priority for me, albeit I think I will made an exception for the Nightvision, as I am getting tired of the constant dark maps), especially since its effectiveness would be rather unreliable, due to randomness of finding powerups in unknown maps. To further make a point of this upgrade being an 'endgame' one, I would give it a high pricetag: 30K cr. or more.
Looking at the game files, the D4D team actually planned something like that already (they actually had a whole menu category planned for powerups).
I may end up implementing something myself if they take a long time to release the next version.
Huh, that is interesting.
Anyway: what do you think about an upgrade that makes Demon Morphing last longer?
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Megaherz wrote:I'm going to need more details re: what other mods you're using, versions etc.
Also, did you hear any sound effects when you tried to interact with that guard?
I'm using the latest stable GZdoom, and no additional mods(other than the add-on itself, that is). It seems to only happen when the the guard spawns in that spot on his own(at map start). I got as close as I could to him, mashed the use buttom and nothing. I thought it might have been a problem with the map and not the mod, but I didn't see anything in that corridor that might have caused it. This was the only time this happened too, but I though I'd report it anyway because if it happened there, it could happen again, I guess.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”