Hearts of Demons - BARON [1.1.0] 7/29/22

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [0.10.0] 1/10/21

Post by Brohnesorge »

That's uh...very not good. I haven't had any crashes like that happen to me, nor did any of my testers report such a crash.

What version of GZDoom are you on? and if possible, could you post a image of the crash message?
Ahriman

Post by Ahriman »

Of course.
I use GZDoom ver 4.5.0
I attach screen of error message after I tried alt-firing the shotgun, the exact same message (same codes in summary) appear for when I hit solid with a bull charge.

I also attach a crash dump for good measure.

It is most likely that something's wrong on my side, I just want to get down to the root of the problem.
Any help is appreciated in advance :)
Attachments
absolutely horrible error.jpg
CrashReport.zip
(98.78 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
horrible error.jpg
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

So, uh, just a little thing I've noticed from digging around in the mod files...

There's a sprite for aiming down the sights on the Ma Deuce? Why not make that the big separator between the M2 and the GAU-19? Make it where the M2 has an even greater accuracy advantage over the GAU-19 when you ADS; however, make it where you move more slowly while doing so.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

It actually used to do exactly that, but I removed it because it just...felt like it was in for the sake of being in, and so it was cut while I was trimming down and simplifying the mod. To compensate, the M2 was made more accurate in general.
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Brohnesorge wrote:It actually used to do exactly that, but I removed it because it just...felt like it was in for the sake of being in, and so it was cut while I was trimming down and simplifying the mod. To compensate, the M2 was made more accurate in general.
Ah.

Part of me wanted to go even further than just ADS on the M2, and go so far as to give it a scope, like Carlos Hathcock did back in Vietnam. Would've been kind of fun to be able to zoom in and snipe enemies from the other side of large maps with that, I think.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Oh no, I absolutely feel ya on that, but when I was re-examining everything, I kept in mind that the main focus of the mod originally was getting close to mid range to really tear into enemies, which is why most the weapons are pretty close range and the ones that aren't have some fairly significant drawbacks.
Goregrinder

Post by Goregrinder »

just wanted to say again that I really love this mod, and its amazing how far it's come over time. ive been playing through back to saturn x with this, and then the DRLA monsters mod set to 'technophobia' so it really feels like its the baron vs the spider mastermind's cybered up minions.
MeinLebenManst1917
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by MeinLebenManst1917 »

Does this work for the Freedoom Android source Port of GZDoom? If so, how do you activate it?
m_falcone

Post by m_falcone »

The guns, mainly the Belial, Gau, M2 and Moloch do not spawn, they are instead replaced by their respective ammo.
electrodragon554

Post by electrodragon554 »

Well, Hearts of Demons - Baron was fun until it divided by zero somehow after I hit a barrel in Doom E1M7 Computer Station
HOD-BDivbyZero.PNG

this is from the WIP branch - the filename is misleading.

Here's what I'm running for mods (in case there's a incompatibly somewhere):
M8f's Autoautosave
Corruption Cards 2.2ba
Hearts of Demons - Baron (WIP branch, commit 22a9c03f)
Zhs2's Intelligent Supplies 1.4
NashGore VE 1.01 Hotfix