Hearts of Demons - BARON [0.9.5] 1/22/20

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [0.9.5] 1/22/20 Throw Poll

Postby Conprime » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:23 am

Captain J wrote:
Conprime wrote:The HUD doesnt appear for me. Im only using that mod and GZDoom.. help?
Make sure you adjust your HUD Screen Size to 11. That's the only available, visible HUD.

You know, i think DBZ style on the Baron: Hell's second strongest goatman there is, i think that might cool. Voted.

Ok I am just dumb lol. I saw the thing about having issues about the hud
Conprime

Discord: conprime#3317
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [0.9.5] 1/22/20 Throw Poll

Postby Captain J » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:14 pm

Glad now can see the HUD. Tho would be nice if this mod could have some alt HUD with simpler and compact design.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [0.9.5] 1/22/20

Postby The_BloodyCrow » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:48 am

Hello. Loving the mod, but there's a compatibility issue.
one of the mods recommended to be run alongside this one, Brutal doom monsters/bdmonsters, is causing a very annoying graphic glitch when used with this one. Whenever something catches fire or a similar effect is active, it becomes literally eye searingly bright. blocking a large portion of the screen and making playing very obnoxious due to the overdose of shiny effects. When either mod is run by itself this graphic glitch does not occur. Attached screenshot should show what I mean (shown is the aftereffect of a exploding barrel I spawned via console).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The_BloodyCrow

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later

Postby Brohnesorge » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:44 am

Yeah its a sprite naming conflict. I apparently have the same naming convention as BDMonsters. I'll get it fixed before the next update, if its not what I really REALLY hope it isn't.

In other news, I have two things: One, I'm finally ready to announce what is coming next to Baron!
0.10.0 is gonna see some pretty major, and possibly controversial, changes to the mod as a whole. A LOT of the mod is being simplified and streamlined. What does this mean? Well...here's an overview of some of the changes being made...
Code: Select allExpand view
-Necromancy spells are being removed
-Spell Strikes are being removed
-Weapon Enchantments will now just be alt-fires instead of a toggle
-Extra weapon functions are being removed
-Spell casting is being simplified to just Fires/Alt-Fires instead of individual hand casting
-Rebalancing to everything to be weaker overall

Why? Well, simply put, as cool as a lot of these features were, I felt they really only served to bloat the mod and make the experience a lot more complicated than it needed to be, and more complicated than I ever intended it to. A lot of it was just features and systems for the sake of features and systems. So I'm trimming it down to be a much more focused mod, with a much lower entry point. A lot of stuff was also just unmaintainable, which causes the future of the mod to suffer. I'm expecting some backlash, for sure, and the current version with all the stuff will be backed up and available for those who want it, but above is the direction the mod is going in now. I expect it to be out in a few weeks.

Two is a Help Wanted ad. One of the things I'm doing is redesigning all the guns to be more consistent with each other, and I'm looking for someone to bring those designs to life! Unfortunately, our previous spriter has moved on from the community, so wish him well on his endeavors. This does leave a hole in the development team I'm really hoping to fill; I have zero artistic talent of my own, and have neither the time nor energy to learn, with doing all the other stuff and other mods and whatnot. So if you are interested, or know someone who might be interested, hit me up either here or on Discord!

Thank you, and keep me posted.
Brohnesorge
The artist also known as Bront

Discord: #7624
Twitch ID: brohnesorge1
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Brohnesorge » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:44 pm

Brohnesorge
The artist also known as Bront

Discord: #7624
Twitch ID: brohnesorge1
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:18 pm

Its kinda sad to say goodbye to the Apex inmolate shockwave and the Azazel "rifle". But otherwise the changes for the version looks really cool. This don't feel like is a really downgrade, but all looks with a good sense of balance of the systems. It looks fun and you're still overpowered.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Postby Jayrassic Park » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:41 am

Agreed. The Azazel had no point to it after after you get everything else in the arsenal, except maybe having missiles on rapid fire. Half the spells I also did not use because they were either so situational, or weren't much more useful than spamming rockets.
Jayrassic Park

Discord: JayrassicPark#0894

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods