Hearts of Demons - BARON [1.1.0] 7/29/22

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doomenator

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 9] 1/14/18 Mastery of Mag

Post by Doomenator »

Lud wrote:...
Don't see any problem with little demon. Size doesn't matter. Enough to see that can do an ordinary space Marine. :D
I propose to add a vote, with the choice for traditional gameplay and author gameplay. :3:
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Adding a new class with different properties would need to have the physics for that class rewritten and some things completely removed, such as trample. A "traditional gameplay" means no trampling, no high speed, no high jump, and none of the other player-related features.

The mod has to make sense. This isn't a joke mod.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Lud wrote:...
All that you have listed has nothing to do with the camera position and controls. For example, in D4T implemented the game by demons. :twisted:
No one complaints about it. However, I just offer.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

It has everything to do with how the gameplay feels. I won't say more on the matter. Brohnesorge has the final say.
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

No. This mod is not about standard gameplay, at all. Normally I am more than willing to compromise with someone who has an issue with the mod, but this particular thing is a very central aspect to the feeling of playing as a Baron. The mod is called Hearts of Demons - Baron, not Imp, or Doomguy, or anything else, so I'm unwilling to change this.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Turns out we're all really good testers. There is a game breaking bug in the last build; update with this new build as soon as you can.
Spoiler: The Bugfix and other tweaks
Atik

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 9.1] 1/17/18 Mastery of M

Post by Atik »

I'm really excited to be able to play through Heretic with this, since I just recently picked up the other Doom Engine games.

Any chance of future support for Hexen, Strife, or - dare I ask - Chex quest?

EDIT: New bug. The Azazel is using the missile launcher ammo.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Atik wrote:I'm really excited to be able to play through Heretic with this, since I just recently picked up the other Doom Engine games.

You didn't accidentally switch to that ammo type did you?
Atik

Post by Atik »

Gideon020 wrote:
Atik wrote:I'm really excited to be able to play through Heretic with this, since I just recently picked up the other Doom Engine games.

You didn't accidentally switch to that ammo type did you?
If you mean me, no. Both fire modes are using the missiles, despite zombie soldiers dropping the minigun ammo.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Nope. It's just gonna be Heretic and Doom; I've no interest in Hexen or Strife and I hear they are a bit of a pain in the ass to mod for. So its a case of a lot of work for not a lot of payoff. Same with Chex.
Atik wrote: If you mean me, no. Both fire modes are using the missiles, despite zombie soldiers dropping the minigun ammo.
Did you update to the newest one? It's no longer a minigun. Also, the shots are explosive in bullet mode, with rocket shots having a huge explosion. In rapid mode, even without any rockets on you, a fresh Azazel will still be able to fire 10 mini-rockets. So are you absolutely sure you didn't hit Alt-Fire to change ammos, Reload to change to rapid fire? Or are you firing the explosive normal bullets? Because everything is working just fine on my end.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

2 Brohnesorge:
Thank you for this awesome and beautiful mod!
Played in the current version and found that the Clone can deal friendly fire to you by his Fireball spell. I don't have any objections about, but I wished, that would be clarified - bug is it or a feature?
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Feature. The Baron's not perfect with that spell.
Brohnesorge

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 10] 2/17/18 Belial Reborn

Post by Brohnesorge »

It finally time. Time to release this new update.

Biggest focus here is the Claw update and the Belial remake. Belial remake is largely cosmetic, but its new alt-fire is...well its the UT Flak Cannon now, more or less, for better or worse. Same with the claws, but now you can only reliably stun lock enemies with Carnage. Its slower over all, but more satisfying and with a much higher damage ceiling.

Also, here's a link to a standalone, much more refined, updated version of the custom gibs. Blame Lud. The mod's version can be turned off, and the standalone version can be run instead, if you so desire. The only thing is that the Defile blood pools will get weird on you. I can probably fix that but will deal with it later. I am tired and will mostly be focused on any major bugfixes or balance fuckery.
Spoiler: Nothing personnel Changlog
Have fun and keep me posted.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Worth noting that the version of Universal Gibs in Baron is kinda fine-tuned to work better with the mod. Especially the damage formulas. As for the Defile issues, those are because the blood pools in the former are alpha maps. I don't really recommend loading UG with Baron, mostly cause it's like loading Ketchup with BD. (Even if you disable the mod. Better to have things natively than as an addon.)
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Quick note, and I don't know if it's only me, but on GZDoom g3.3pre-408g80a0d15, the bruiser demon's footstep sounds don't seem to play.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”