Hearts of Demons - BARON [1.1.0] 7/29/22

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 1.12] & Weapon Poll 3/18/

Post by SoulCircle »

*SHHHCKK* Is that the sound... of... RIPPING AND TEARING?!

Anyways... The mod looks amazing, man! Checking it out now! Shall edit with my thoughts afterwards.

EDIT: Holy. Shitting. Christ. This is.... This is quite possibly award material. I love this with a fucking passion and may very well have become my favorite mod. The sheer concept of... "You are a Baron, do Baron things, rip things to shreds, rip Imps to shreds, rip your brethren to shreds, RIP THE WORLD TO SHREDS!... Oh and there's some absolutely bad ass weaponry!" I.... I have to say, you just made the number one spot on my mods list and that you should continue this project!Impatience move aside, your bigger brother is coming through! What are your future plans for this in the.... Broad spectrum?
Spoiler:
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10

Post by Brohnesorge »

SoulCircle wrote:] What are your future plans for this in the.... Broad spectrum?
As it stands now, I have most of the intended features in there. Some powerups, like the Bruisersphere, are missing, and mechanics and weapons are being redone all the time, like the current in progress melee rework. The future will see new sprites for weapons, custom miscellaneous stuff like the secret sound and maybe another weapon, a SSG replacement called The Beur Tri-Cannon This is a big maybe, as I have the idea for the gun but the mod has enough weapons in my eyes.. Far future will see some Heretic support and CVARs for various features.
Doom... Doom 2.... Final Doom... Doom 64... Doom 3.... Doom RPG (The phone thingamajig)... New Doom.... 3 games?
I don't really consider Final Doom a separate game, they are the same in Doom and Doom 2, don't appear in Doom3 and Doom RPG doesn't really add anything to them, other then the Ogre variant which in the "lore" I'm half ass setting for the mod is a completely different monster. Otherwise, still holds up, with boosted have red energy, like in Doom 64, and having high jumps and a groundslam, like in Doom 4, to name a few things.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Bit of a special update today, ladies and gentlemen. Today's update not only features the must requested melee update, it ALSO features sprites from Lt.blam, and I'm officially announcing them as artist for Hearts of Demons - BARON!

Here's the update.
Spoiler: Changelog
Keep me posted with bugs and stuff, because the focus of BETA 2 will be getting the melee fully functional. It works right now but I'm not 100% about how well. It's more then a little rough. Hand graphics so you have more visual feedback of your Melee tier are coming, please be patient in the meantime.

E: Hahahahahaha hit that chasecam button when you have Carnage, holy shit, hahahahahahaha!
Spoiler: it was unintended but awesome
E2: Updated the OP a bit with the new stuff. It's still pretty outdated, doe. VIDEOS ARE HARD OKAY
SHayden

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 2.0] & Weapon Poll 3/26/1

Post by SHayden »

Wow, finally.
Spoiler:
Dalse

Post by Dalse »

I've done a quick play of the mod...

- The new sprites of Azazael looks very good!

- The starter claw is very slow! Why should I ever use it if is possible to use the infinite primary shot baron ball? Altough I still haven't gotten a carnage rune yet...
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Yeah the starting claw is a little too slow. I meant for it to be slow, and not that great of an option until you pick up an Enhanced or Carnage. I'll speed it up a bit in the next update. Also, GIVE CARNAGE.

I'm having ISP issues. Again. Like every month so the next update will be a ways off, sorry to say.

So because I have a bit of time on my hands, any nitpick stuff you guys would want me to work on? I'm still working on Claws and Baron Ball, but will have no internet for an unknown amount of time so hit me with that small stuff to fill time.

E: shit. Noticed a bug. You can switch to soul siphon even if you don't have it. Its prolly gonna be a pain in the ass but I'll get it fixed.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Finally a mod where you can play as fantasy horned creature with good big variety of all sorts of strong magics as his primary type of combat, really lovely mod! Although this mod would make a lot more sense if the Baron would fight against hordes of filthy vile doom marines than someone of his homeland, blood and of same army. :P
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Hey everyone, still without internet but here's a little something for ya: a video showcase of the new Devastation alt fire, thanks to the power of USB and phone data!

Nothing final, but there you go. Next update is gonna be a doozy.

E: fingers crossed. Hopefully when I get home from from work in the morning ( about 5-6 hours from now) the Internet will be back on so I can post the update.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Ho. Lee. Shit. Finally. Got my internet back so I can give you all that sweet update action. I've been working on it this whole time, so it's a pretty sizable update, skipping all of the Beta 2.x straight into Beta 3!

Without further ado, HERE IT IS! Well, here it is. Or whatever.

Short version: Fixed melee visual weirdness, new Boost mode for Fireball, alt-fire for Devastation added.
Spoiler: Das Full Changelog
I'm waiting on some sprites before I do anything further in terms of features for the melee (but I have an idea that I think you guys would like), and I'm moving right on to the Baron Ball rework. I'm finally laying down the groundwork for the Bruiser Sphere, as well, but am having some difficulty deciding exact features of it. So here's a list of them that I've though of so far as well as some I'm not so sure about. Tell me what you think/what should change/what you like, as well as your usual comments on the latest update.
Spoiler: Bruiser Sphere features
Alright, I might take a little break to get my Void Knight set finished and to beat get ONE FOOKING THIRD THROUGH Nier:Automata once (I'm right at the end), but after/during THAT, I'll be working on the Baron Ball update. It's going to go like this...

You'll start with just the basic Baron Ball that every other Baron of Hell throws. It'll cost 1 mana, and kinda sucks. When you pick up a Soulgem, it will upgrade to Level 2, and it will become the current Baron Ball and still cost 1 mana. When you pick up a 2nd Soulgem, it will become Level 3, raising it's damage slightly, as well as making it free. When you pick up 4 Soulgems, however, it gets interesting. It's damage goes up, it's speed goes up, and it becomes EXPLOSIVE. These changes will effect it's Boosted form and it's alt-fires as well, so look forward to it!
Last edited by Brohnesorge on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dalse

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 3.0] & Bruiser Poll 4/14/

Post by Dalse »

About the BruiserSphere , how about a mix of permanent and temporary effect? The instant you get the sphere, you get a super version of the form in 30 seconds , that is the duration of a Invulnerability effect? I think its better to replace
only the Invulnerability Effect.

Altough the megasphere effect , a plain 200hp and mana , in a 1000hp monster for its rarity may be a bit...boring? I don't know about this one, just throwing ideas.

I am really curious about the melee though , since i am worried about it's effectness in face of other weapons like the belial and the vulcan. Speaking of this, is the vulcan still going to be a boss killer or are you planning changing it?
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Dalse wrote:About the BruiserSphere , how about a mix of permanent and temporary effect? The instant you get the sphere, you get a super version of the form in 30 seconds , that is the duration of a Invulnerability effect? I think its better to replace
only the Invulnerability Effect.
That's actually a pretty good idea. I might just go with this one.

Altough the megasphere effect , a plain 200hp and mana , in a 1000hp monster for its rarity may be a bit...boring? I don't know about this one, just throwing ideas.
I've noticed this too. I might make it where the Megasphere also gives you a Soulgem on top of the heal, or make the heal greater. Once I get the B. Sphere put together, I'll play around with the spawns and effects of it.

I am really curious about the melee though , since i am worried about it's effectness in face of other weapons like the belial and the vulcan. Speaking of this, is the vulcan still going to be a boss killer or are you planning changing it?
The melee is pretty solid right now if you can find a Carnage, with it still being a fairly viable option if you are playing a low ammo WAD when you have the Enhanced Claw. TBH I'm just happy that its an option, considering in most other mods I've played, it's useless.

As for the Vulcan, I'm milling about ideas, but have been focusing on the Melee, Devastation and Baron Ball, so it's been on the back burner. I like it's status as a boss killer, so it'll keep that function, but I'm thinking about having it have a separate ammo type from the Azazel to limit it's ammo, and therefor it's effectiveness greatly. Hopefully.
kadu522
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

Well thats convinient i was going to tell you about the soul siphon bug

But i noticed that you fix it and did a new update!

speaking of... regarding the soul siphon mana loss on miss, i think it should be less then normal (half sounds fine) just in case you use it by acident.
also i think that the baron ball should be free period,but the scaleing itself is a good idea.
beat Nier:Automata once (I'm right at the end)
Congrats you just did 1/3 of the game go you! :D
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

The Siphon thing is largely because of a limitation on my skill with Decorate. But I might be able to figure out how to make it only drain on hit. I also can't really make it drain less on miss because of how the Claws in general are set up and it already drains 1 per tick. Draining 1/2 per tick just isn't possible.
kadu522
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

Brohnesorge wrote:The Siphon thing is largely because of a limitation on my skill with Decorate. But I might be able to figure out how to make it only drain on hit. I also can't really make it drain less on miss because of how the Claws in general are set up and it already drains 1 per tick. Draining 1/2 per tick just isn't possible.
You could make it drain one every 2 tics, it would achive a similar efect
Dalse

Post by Dalse »

Ah, there is one thing annoying I forgot to report.

When you toggle the vulcan enchantment, it toggles way too fast in comparison to other weapons. I need to slowy tap the key or the weapons toggles on and off like crazy.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”