Hearts of Demons - BARON [1.1.0] 7/29/22

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
shotfan

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 5.5] 6/13/17 Boosted BRUI

Post by shotfan »

All I have done while testing movement speed with Immolation ready was to cycle between spells. I moved around 25% slower with Immolation than with other spells.
Brohnesorge wrote:Bruiser/Archon Devastation are coming. When, I don't know, but they are coming. I'm thinking Main Fire will be a Meteor Shower and Alt-Fire will spawn lava geysers in a huge radius around you.
Oh yes! :grr:
Brohnesorge wrote:RIP toasters
Oh no! :o
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

Hmm. On my end, in the downloadable version from the OP, I'm not experiencing this. Both with starting as The Bruiser and after picking up a Bruiser Sphere as The Baron.

Curious. What version of GZDoom are you using?
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

2.4. I have done the last test when playing as Bruiser from the start.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Still nothing on my end, with 2.4 32 bit AND 64 bit.

Try updating to the latest stable GZDoom, but if it the problem persists, then you may just have to live with it.

I hate telling you that, but I can't reproduce it and nothing in the code touches speed. So without a cause, I can't fix it.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

FALSE ALARM!
It was not Immolation's issue! I just did not notice the passive speed boost when Slot 1 (melee) is active. Immolation has nothing to do with it, I have merely mistaken changing weapon Slots with cycling spells :roll:
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I launched it in 3.1.0, but I got a bit of an error so I refused to start the game...
Spoiler:
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Uhh, its right there that you typed 'error_fatal' into the console.

I don't know what your game is, but don't waste everyone's time with fake error reports.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Brohnesorge wrote:Uhh, its right there that you typed 'error_fatal' into the console.

I don't know what your game is, but don't waste everyone's time with fake error reports.
It's not that; I had to use the fake error to extract the real error! ...Sorry, I get bothered when I fail to get the point across. I hope a screenshot explains it better: http://imgur.com/a/sHfRI
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

That's just the normal start up stuff. The bad lump thing isn't fatal, and doesn't effect anything anyway. Other then that, nothing is an error.

Not sure why you are so paranoid that you'd rather 'error_fatal' every mod instead of just playing them, but you should know that the community is well enough moderated that you don't need to worry about malicious practices. In the off chance you do run into something, the Report button exists, and the mods are super responsive to it.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

All that aside, here comes a new update! Not going to lie, I'm pretty much releasing this because I forgot what my main goal this update was. Eh, whatever.
Spoiler: Here's the changelog
Uhh, the next one should have the Vulcan's new enchantment mode maybe, then I'll sit on the poll for a few more days before I start working on the fire modes for the Azazel with M202 missiles and Flak Canisters/the animation for spell switching.

Sound stuff will be coming soon-ish, but we all know how great I am with working on sounds. Bruiser Devastation is coming into the works as well.

Edit: Updated the OP a bit, so that the download is at the top, and a TLDR manual for people who don't like reading.
Brohnesorge

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 5.6] 6/23/17

Post by Brohnesorge »

Finally starting to feel like the mod is getting close to something that could be called not Beta, but still a lot of work to go after this new update!
Spoiler: Changeelogee
Looking for a lot of feedback in terms of the Meteor Shower Bruiser Devastation! I mean anything: balance, ammo consumption, appearance, anything! I feel like its acceptable, but needs so much tweaking that I'm not sure where to start! AND the new explosion sounds. They are from FEAR and sound fine in my headphones, but sound a little off in my speakers, so I want to hear more about it from outside sources.

Also, I am looking for a hand spriter! I'm feeling that having more variety in The Baron's hands will go a long way in making the mod feel more immersive and unique, as opposed to being mod 10392 to use the same recolored Blood hands, and want to have a more visual flare to what spell you currently have selected, Groundslamming, activating Boost and switching spells.

Focus for Beta 7 will be implementing the new Azazel firemodes, and polish. Lots and lots of polish, with potentially some new sprites coming for all guns.

As always, with above and anything else, keep me posted!

EDIT: OH SHIT I put in the dev version of teh Bruiser Devastation. Eh, enjoy it while it's really fast to cast.
Dalse

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 6] 7/2/17 Meteor Shower

Post by Dalse »

Devastation feedback.

- I think there should be a better feedback about what area the meteors are going to hit , like a marker that appears where you aim. Does not have to be huge , but just a smoke or
something to help know it's area.
- This ability does not work if you aim at corners.

Other stuff feedback.

- Archon's secondary fireball attack should have a bigger area of explosion. And maybe stagger more? It seems much weaker in comparison to the primary fire.
- Bruiser's baron ball spell strike swings a bit slower than his normal strikes , is this intentional?
- Bruiser's seconcadry baron ball should have a tighter cone of fire , it looks less useful to even the regular baron's secondary baron ball since you have to get very close
to hit them all. At this distance, the claws are much better.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Dalse wrote:Devastation feedback.

- I think there should be a better feedback about what area the meteors are going to hit , like a marker that appears where you aim. Does not have to be huge , but just a smoke or
something to help know it's area.
Back at it again with the good ideas! I'll mess with some stuff and add this in.

- This ability does not work if you aim at corners.
Intentional. If you are really close to a wall or something, it fails. The reason is it shoots an invisible ground wave that shoots the meteor spawners up,
then the meteor spawners shoot meteors down. But the increment between shooting spawners is decently long, so if it hits a wall too soon, if fails. I did this to prevent it from being a corridor killer, which it already kinda is, granted but whatev. It's also goes into it intentional design to not be overly effective in tight, low spaces. It was originally designed that the meteors could damage you too if you weren't careful, and this was a bit of a safety measure against that. That'll still be coming in the future seeing as how regular Devastation hurts you, so it doesn't make sense that Bruiser Devastation doesn't.

Other stuff feedback.

- Archon's secondary fireball attack should have a bigger area of explosion. And maybe stagger more? It seems much weaker in comparison to the primary fire.
Yeah, I'm not 100% happy with how it finally turned out. I'll mess around with it a bit. It could be I just made the primary way too strong, too. A large part of it could be that I also got kinda lazy on this one. See it was supposed to suck in and spawn flame sparks as it travels, kinda like The Baron's Boosted FB Alt, but I didn't want to put the proper functions behind and on EVERY. SINGLE. FRAME. Of which, there are a lot. Before I do anything too crazy, I'll start with that.
- Bruiser's baron ball spell strike swings a bit slower than his normal strikes , is this intentional?
Oops, that is not intentional. Should be an easy fix, I'll get on that one right away.
- Bruiser's seconcadry baron ball should have a tighter cone of fire , it looks less useful to even the regular baron's secondary baron ball since you have to get very close
to hit them all. At this distance, the claws are much better.
Yeah, not sure what I was thinking with this one. I am planning on nerfing the shit out of the Bruiser's claws, and making them actually scale with Enhanced and Carnage, but I'll also redo the Bruiser Baron Ball alt. I almost never use it for this exact reason so I didn't notice. You'd think I'd notice when I never use something.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Brusier's version of Devastation has a misleading name. I expected a literal meteor barrage coming from the sky, but the rocks only appear briefly and close to the ground... but it is more a nitpick than anything else. Aside from that, the Meteor Rain works flawlessly.
Brohnesorge

Re: Hearts of Demons - BARON [Beta 6.1] 7/7/17 HELP WANTED

Post by Brohnesorge »

It's the result of a bit of a compromise. It spawns from the ceiling, even outside. I could have it spawn somewhere above and have it fall to the floor, but then it would clip through the ceiling on indoor levels and I don't want that.

Anyway, big update today!
Spoiler: CHAAAAAANGELOGLOGLOGLOGLOGLOGLOGLOGLOGLOGLOGLOG
Make sure to check out the Belial now, especially. In its rework, I rendered it almost useless. Now its actually useful again. Currently working on the ammo modes for Azazel. They are half in this version, but are inaccessible. If you want to try them out (the only one that is remotely close to anything is the rapid missile mode), open up the mod in Slade and put |WPF_ALLOWZOOM in A_WeaponReady, after WPF_ALLOWRELOAD.

Anyway, as always, keep me up to date on any feed back and issues.

Also, I'm going to try and become more regular with updates. Aiming for every other weekend, with hotfixes and small adjustments coming in between.

Edit : OwO what's that?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”