Phobos867's Add-ons for D4D [v2.1] BUGFIXES

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Phobos867's Add-ons for D4D [NEW VERSION IS OUT!]

Post by wildweasel »

The_DooM_Marine_DIV wrote:hey if you want i can upload this on Moddb
all credits are yours or just upload you thi amzing addon
If the author wants it on ModDB, let them upload it to ModDB themselves. Don't do it for them. This has been a bit of a sore spot for me and several others on this forum.
tuintje

Post by tuintje »

love it :)

the hellknight and baron of hell look so much better and more in place in this mod
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Thanks for the update!

Btw, I have been running your addon with D4D v2.0.3 and D4DHF v0.1 at same time and it looks very stable/playable, I don't know if there will be huge bugs who makes a normal gameplay unplayable more late.
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Let me know if something is wrong or broken! =:)
mutator wrote:this is actually awesome but its kinda strange to see field drones not giving weapon upgrades..field drones are there for weapon upgrades in actual doom4 so it would be fine if elite guards drop equipments/items but field drones should give you ability to receive 1 upgrade at a time. So let's say if you don't have enough credits for specific weapon upgrade, field drone should provide you that.. overall it's nice though
I understand your point, but I think this could be too overpowered for a new feature. I was even thinking if I could make them drop weapons, but I don't know. I tried to be very careful with gameplay balance, to not bring anything that could make the game too easy or hard. However, I'll think about it.
Megaherz wrote: I believe we could make a patch for the two addons at some point in the future so that they play nice together.
Yes, I endorse this!
Exeor wrote: Btw, I have been running your addon with D4D v2.0.3 and D4DHF v0.1 at same time and it looks very stable/playable, I don't know if there will be huge bugs who makes a normal gameplay unplayable more late.
This is a very interesting idea, I don't tried it yet! Conceptually speaking, I think the only clash between the 2 projects are dead elites, such a funny coincidence though! :tongue:
The_DooM_Marine_DIV wrote:hey if you want i can upload this on Moddb
all credits are yours or just upload you thi amzing addon
Thanks man. I really want to put this on Moddb but I have to learn how to do it first lol
Last edited by Phobos867 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VICE

Post by VICE »

wildweasel wrote:If the author wants it on ModDB, let them upload it to ModDB themselves. Don't do it for them. This has been a bit of a sore spot for me and several others on this forum.
Completely agree. I don't get how people think this is ok.
Phobos867 wrote: This is a very interesting idea, I don't tried it yet! Conceptually speaking, I think the only clash between the 2 projects are dead elites, such a funny coincidence though! :tongue:
Conceptually, yes.
Factually, we both replaced a lot of the same actors, and the MENUDEF lump too, so it's not just monster and items spawns - the options and upgrade menus overwrite eachother too.

I think both dead elite varieties should work as intended if you load HF last, but then you sacrifice some of the new content in this add on.
In contrast, if you load this addon last, you lose access to the new upgrades and new monster spawns from HF, but you can get the new drones (pretty cool) and monsters in this pack. As for the dead elites, mine will still be found near keys sometimes, but you won't have a way to use the tokens they give you.
Phobos867 wrote:Thanks for the kind words everybody. Let me know if something is wrong or broken!
There are some log errors at startup that you should look at - everything that isn't a "tried to register" error is fixable in our cases. Even if it loads ok, It's probably stuff that's not behaving like you intended.
Other than that, I remember the revenant giving me some error message in the in-game log whenever he entered the jetpack mode.
I was playing the un-palletted file with D4d 203 and GZDoom stable 2.2.
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

Megaherz wrote: Factually, we both replaced a lot of the same actors, and the MENUDEF lump too, so it's not just monster and items spawns - the options and upgrade menus overwrite eachother too.
Yeah, I need to look and think carefully about it, but maybe a "universal menu" can be used to switch things that are really incompatible when together. Maybe on a separated PK3 (to include both menus). But I really don't know.
Megaherz wrote: There are some log errors at startup that you should look at - everything that isn't a "tried to register" error is fixable in our cases. Even if it loads ok, It's probably stuff that's not behaving like you intended. Other than that, I remember the revenant giving me some error message in the in-game log whenever he entered the jetpack mode.
Thanks! I think these are more related to the code organization, something that I will need to deal sooner or later. Fortunately, I'm almost sure they don't really affect with anything "in practice".
Last edited by Phobos867 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mutator

Post by mutator »

I liked the idea of merging this addon with mega's d4d addon. What I'm thinking is there should be 2 types of elite guards one that give token and other gives you items. I also mentioned mega about maxed preator tokens after you are done with all upgrade that require token, there should be 1 to 5% ammo capacity upgrade so tokens can be used for something that might end up being useful. There should also be another upgrade that grants you permanent radiutation suit upgrade that can be toggled on/off. Should require 5 tokens and 20, 000 credits. The reason why i would want the upgrade to be expensive is because its very valuable upgrade so price should be according to that. :) what are you guys thinking about these suggestions?
NOTE: Elite guards I mentioned should be this way.
1. Sitting elite guards should grant you tokens.
2. Elite guards phobos did which are laying down corpses should give equipment/tool as it already does. :)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I also liked the idea of ​​joining this addon with Megaherz's addon :thumb:
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

I F*CKING LOVED THE NEW DEMON WEAPONS, YOU DID IT MAN!!!!!! AWESOME
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

mutator wrote: I liked the idea of merging this addon with mega's d4d addon. What I'm thinking is there should be 2 types of elite guards one that give token and other gives you items.
Well, consistency is a relevant topic to me, and both versions have their own concept. So I don't know, to be honest.

But really, I think it's too early to discuss this kind of stuff. It's a complicated process, need a lot of time, chat and puzzle-solving. I recommend not set high expectations for now. :stuppor:
Last edited by Phobos867 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

Screenshots added to the first page :trippy:
(palette/textures)

Spoiler:
Album: https://www.yogile.com/65klethc/51m/share/?vsc=e9ec4e63
Last edited by Phobos867 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lime

Post by Lime »

OH MAN! The Update is fantastic! i've been waiting for the new sprites but dang, This is Awesome!
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

Maybe the caco mouth needs a purple with gray touch, it's possible to bring back the original Arachnotrons?
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

NullWire wrote:it's possible to bring back the original Arachnotrons?
Yes! You can disable or randomize any Gore Nest on the D4D Add-on menu to bring them back if you want.

edit: (if you are talking about the vanilla arachnotron sprite, them no, unfortunally :| )
eyesoftheworld94

Post by eyesoftheworld94 »

I love the screenshots and all the updates, but when i tried to play this with the most recent version of GzDoom it gave me this error:

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "D4D_Add-ons_2.0.pk3:vegarunes" line 25:

Unexpected 'vDEMONRUNE' in definition of 'ArachnotronRuneON'"

Return to “Gameplay Mods”