Phobos867's Add-ons for D4D [v2.1] BUGFIXES

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ThrashfanBert1994

Re: Unofficial Add-ons for D4D [0.3v] <-NEW

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

i agree, the main concern is we rather have that file in a compressed zip than RAR, or pk.3 better
shotfan

Re: Unofficial Add-ons for D4D

Post by shotfan »

Phobos867 wrote:HEY!

more screens
Looks excellent! He resembles the D4 Baron well enough, whereas having sensible body shape of the original one! I am feeling I might convince myself to replace Archon after all.
Truvix wrote:I may be jumping the gun a bit here, but on this note, do you think we'll end up seeing a full Doom 4 sprite replacer? From the looks of things, you've already made some great progress on some of the others mobs, so it would be great if you went all the way and actually made sprites that bring all of the mobs in line with their Doom 4 counterparts as possible (I feel that the Spider Mastermind is probably fairly doable if you take some liberties, but I have my doubts about the cyberdemon). I know that not everyone is fond of the idea of a 1:1 recreation, but I think it would really help sell the experience. On that note, nice job with the Baron. The Archon of Hell sprite looks really nice, but again, it was a pretty odd choice considering that it doesn't really resemble the Doom 4 Baron at all. D4D as a whole makes some really odd sprite choices all things considered, but I'll refrain from rambling about that too much since I don't think it's something worth writing an entire essay about.
There are Zanieon's sprites, but I prefer this recreation of D4 Baron anyway, because the Baron in the new game looks like a caricature of himself, instead of a badass he was in classic Doom. Whereas Archon looks menancing and pretty at same time (I very much like the combination of colours on him), the one made by Phobos867 looks promising. I have to try him out.
Phobos867

Re: Unofficial Add-ons for D4D [0.3v] <-NEW

Post by Phobos867 »

Added a tiny update that decreases even more the possibility of stuck monsters on Gore Nests (stuck on air):
DOWNLOAD HERE (v0.3.1)

It's now ''relatively'' fixed.
Last edited by Phobos867 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Ghost-

Re: Unofficial Add-ons for D4D [0.3.1v] <-NEW

Post by -Ghost- »

I like that Baron sprite, I think it looks pretty good. In the end I think you're better off going with your interpretation of things rather than a straight port of stuff from Doom 4 anyway, it'll look better in the long run trying to merge it with Doom's style.
shotfan

Re: Unofficial Add-ons for D4D [0.3.1v] <-NEW

Post by shotfan »

I tried out the new Baron of Hell. Looks fitting. I will keep him :)
Phobos867

Re: Unofficial Add-ons for D4D [v0.3.1] <-NEW

Post by Phobos867 »

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:compressed zip than RAR
I don't know the difference, but alright.
NullWire wrote:Any new sprite for the tech-Mancubi?
Yes, I have plans. But for now it's not the priority. =:)

Btw, if somebody want to take a shot at the D4 bestiary, feel free to do it. I know I showed some WIP concepts, but there is no need to wait for me specifically. I don't want to focus only on sprites, or I would be a bit stressed out.

On the other side, I REALLY would like to see a finished Pinky someday. :3:
Phobos867

Re: Unofficial Add-ons for D4D [v0.3.1]

Post by Phobos867 »

On the next update I think that I will merge the three add-ons, because I'm having some compatibility issues with the files. I want to add some menu options to compensate, but I never tried to create them before, so yeah.

Regardless, there's a lot of things being made. I'm looking for a proper v1.0 release, if possible!
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

():)

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Whooooa dear, it looks great! Also little bit big!
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

Damn son, those look way better than expected.

Nice work!
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

I think the next version is getting closer to be finished. For now I'm working on the compatibility with D4D 2.0, and maybe some other new things. If anyone have questions, feel free to ask.
Captain J wrote:Whooooa dear, it looks great! Also little bit big!
Oh, really? The scale is 1.1, to make him more... badass I guess. Should I make it smaller?
Last edited by Phobos867 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I am no fan of Doom 2016's redesign of the Demon - frankly, I think it looks ridiculous - but even I have to admit those sprites look good!
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I am no fan of Doom 2016's redesign of the Demon - frankly, I think it looks ridiculous - but even I have to admit those sprites look good!
Thanks man, It's great to know that you're appreciating it even don't liking the original D4 monster. Makes me feel that I'm dealing with this in the best way possible.

The reason why I'm making the Pinky is that I find the D64 version really inconsistent compared to the other monsters. It's something that bugs me, because the D64 sprites have a very unique art style, so IMO it works better with the other D64 assets.

Right now, my main intention with sprites is use the classic art style to make them closer to their Doom 2016 counterpart. Hopefully it will be the best way to make them look slightly unified. O-)

(Besides, I love the Doom 2016 monster design heh)
Last edited by Phobos867 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mutator

Post by mutator »

can I use gore nest addon with d4d mod but with the vanilla monsters only?
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Phobos867 wrote:Right now, my main intention with sprites is using the classic art style to make them closer to their Doom 2016 counterpart. Hopefully it will be the best way to make them look slightly unified.
Yeah, that is probably why it looks much better in sprite form.

Like I said before, the original monster design will always be too goofy to fit in more realistic environments such as Doom 2016's, no matter how hard you try to update it. To me, there are only two ways to do it: either completely redesign it - like id did for Doom 3 - or make the rest of the game less realistic.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”