[LZWolf] Wolfenstein Cosmetic Upgrade + Discipline redux

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [ECWolf] Wolfenstein Cosmetic Upgrade (Beta 1)

Post by Woolie Wool »

I was talking to Blzut3 about it, he has identified the offending function (A_Chase) and is working on a solution.
Wiw

Re: [ECWolf] Wolfenstein Cosmetic Upgrade (Beta 1)

Post by Wiw »

Well, I do wish the music would loop properly, and I do wish that the glitched look of the MP40 firing animation would be fixed, but other than that... yeah, it's working fine for me!
SlipgateTourist

Re: [ECWolf] Wolfenstein Cosmetic Upgrade (Beta 2)

Post by SlipgateTourist »

This mod looks very nice. Sadly I get the following error when I try to start a new game:

http://i.imgur.com/7BpDK20.png
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

SlipgateTourist wrote:This mod looks very nice. Sadly I get the following error when I try to start a new game:

http://i.imgur.com/7BpDK20.png
Ehr,you should load it with the port EcWolf.
SlipgateTourist

I know. I renamed the exe because I launch ECWolf through Steam. I already renamed it back to ecwolf.exe but the result was the same.

Some more info in case it matters:

Latest version of ECWolf installed
W10 x64
i7 920
16GB Ram
960 4GB with latest drivers
Gez

Post by Gez »

When you say "latest version", you mean "latest official" or "latest development build"?

Here, look:
Woolie Wool wrote:I recommend this build: http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ecwolf/ecw ... 27-0457.7z
It should work with this one.
SlipgateTourist

Thanks Gez, that did the trick.

Not sure how I missed that, I shouldn't have posted before I had my morning coffee :oops:
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

I played all Spear of destiny and i noticed that the new attack of the Angel is more dangerous for himself than for the player.You should make the angel invulnerable at these new attacks.
DenisBelmondo

Post by DenisBelmondo »

Really great! Just played through all of Wolf and SoD with it and everything looks gorgeous. The bosses are definitely a lot more challenging and prompts me to run to a wall that isn't immediately in front of them to avoid their attacks, although, that's mostly due to the fact that an explosion's hitbox can clip through walls. Bosses also seem to experience splash damage by their own rockets and makes them a little bit easier, at least that's what it seems like to me. I do understand that you probably don't have any control over this behavior at this point in ECWolf's development though. Another thing I've noticed is guards play both of their pain frames if (health & 1) evaluates to true since the jumpif check is performed after the first pain frame plays.

I don't know if what I said was super clear or not, but basically the guards' pain states look like this as they are:

Code: Select all

Pain:
	GARD I 5 A_Pain
	GARD I 0 A_JumpIf(health & 1, 1)
	goto See
	GARD J 5
	goto See
And here's the corrected version (untested):

Code: Select all

Pain:
	GARD I 0 A_JumpIf(health & 1, 2)
	GARD I 5 A_Pain
	goto See
	GARD J 5 A_Pain
	goto See
Anyway having said all that, I'm really having a hoot with this mod. I'm playing it with Conflict in the Fatherland (which I still have to tweak a bit more in order for it to play nicely with other mods) and it is great.
RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty »

This looks pretty awesome, I can't wait to try it.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

[After playing Episode 1, in the the progress of Episode 2]

Giving this a go with Death Incarnate skill level. I'm not sure if I should throw my monitor out the window in anger at Wolfenstein 3D or love this mod. Regardless, it has enabled me to play Wolf3D. The textured floor / ceiling does help establish "landmarks", turning the game from less maze-like to something Doom-like. The sounds aren't that bad either. Though I wouldn't mind having the original Adlib music. But that's a personal preference. The updated graphics are nice too - even more so with the SS wearing black instead of blue. Always struck me as odd.

Keep up the good work though, I like this quite a lot.
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11

Post by Woolie Wool »

The secret to Wolfenstein is learning to watch your enemies and time their attacks. Once you get a feel for their animations you can dodge behind a wall in the nick of time when you see a Nazi about to fire. Their tells are much more obvious and take longer than those of Doom hitscanners.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

And remember to shoot throught the door when start to open,see you can hit enemies immediatly in this way.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Speaking of dealing with enemies: This might be completely out of scope, but could I request seesounds for the damn Mutants? They're several times worse than Officers, but just being able to hear them coming would help a great deal.

(Oh, and you'd need one for the Ubermutant too, for completeness more than anything.)
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

NeuralStunner wrote:Speaking of dealing with enemies: This might be completely out of scope, but could I request seesounds for the damn Mutants? They're several times worse than Officers, but just being able to hear them coming would help a great deal.

(Oh, and you'd need one for the Ubermutant too, for completeness more than anything.)
In my opinion, seesounds for mutants aren't needed. The whole point of the mod is to be an enhanced cosmetic upgrade, and mutants in the original game don't use those sounds intentionally. They're ambush enemies designed to put you on edge. You're not supposed to know how many mutants might be after you at a given time; it's all part of what gives Episode 2 of Wolfenstein such a tense feeling.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”