[3DGE] Doom-Belmondo

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[3DGE] Doom-Belmondo

Postby chronoteeth » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:32 pm

UPDATED! vvvvv

Spoiler: "Changelog

---------------------------

Another Doom mod for all of you to enjoy!

Doom Belmondo!

A gameplay mod made for my good friend xepelli/DenisBelmondo as a sort of thank you for always helping me with the creations of my doom mods both ssprite wise (and laugh wise). Its inn the same vein as my friend ouchface has with their stuff for me!

This is also the first mod I did that dabbles in RTS scripting. With the action keys (Defined in the options), you can bind a backdash (action 1) and a forward dash (action 2) so you can do some quick speed boosts or avoidance methods. Speargubn has a scope too, you can define the key in the options.

14 new detailed, crazy weapons to play with, and melee weapons have alt fires (possibility of all weapons getting alt fires in the future are a possibility). Credits in the wad, Have fun and whip em good!

Requires 3DGE 2.0.4 and above to run [Will not be making a zdoom version of this modification. Dont ask. Please :(]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20256081/CT-DB.wad DL link here~!

If you enjoy my modifications, please consider leaving me a tip at paypal.me/Teefe or to my paypal email chronoteeth@gmail.com ! It is always appreciated, and help with home life as well as support me, and definitely encorages me to do some good work~! Thanks again~

Spoiler: "Screenshots"
Last edited by chronoteeth on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chronoteeth
abubub

Re: [3DGE] Doom-Belmondo

Postby DenisBelmondo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:49 pm

I'm so flattered... I absolutely love the whip's secondary function and how useful it is on mapsets like Scythe 2, which I believe is the perfect setting, thematically speaking, for this mod. It almost makes me feel like I'm playing Genji in Overwatch except I can do the little reflect-y move forever. Very satisfying.
DenisBelmondo
now is time to the i386 heart on fire

Postby chronoteeth » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:56 pm

:wub:
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby JimpArgon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:26 pm

JimpArgon
:) (:
Banned User

Postby RUNSABER » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Dude you are a super mad genius for this mod <3 Wait til the cameras come out and we can make side-scrolling 3DGE games :D
RUNSABER
Battlehammer God

Postby Captain J » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:35 pm

MOTHER OF GOODNESS, those are some good bloody good weapons and guts! I'll play this and prepare my feedback!
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby wolf00 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:55 pm

chrono:thx ,you create beautifull b_a rifle
wolf00

Postby JimpArgon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:26 pm

I think I will do a 1 level video like I did for the Duke It Out In Doom mod. And its because I like this so much. Will post the video in this thread. Feel free to use it on your main post once its finished if you are wanting to show off a video demonstration. :twisted:
JimpArgon
Banned User

Postby chronoteeth » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:06 pm

JimpArgon wrote:I think I will do a 1 level video like I did for the Duke It Out In Doom mod. And its because I like this so much. Will post the video in this thread. Feel free to use it on your main post once its finished if you are wanting to show off a video demonstration. :twisted:

thats ok! i appreciate it, tho I have an idea as to what i'd like to make, still anything positive is always appreciate~!
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:09 pm

So this mod has nothing to do with French actor Jean-Paul Belmondo? :o
JohnnyTheWolf
Banned User

Postby JimpArgon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:59 am

Finished. It does not show off everything, but it shows enough in the two levels I decided to play. All the info needed is in the video description. I really enjoyed this mod a ton and will be tracking this as you make updates/progress with it. Also thank you for making this kick ass mod.

JimpArgon
Banned User

Postby wildweasel » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:13 pm

From brief playing-about, this is as solid of a mod concept as any other CT mod, just with one or two little things that slightly bug me. I feel like the whip's range needs to be a bit longer (I constantly whiffed attacks that I could have sworn I was close enough to hit), and some of the ammo counters don't seem to work right in the full-screen hud (notably the bolt-action rifle and chaingun). I also found the chakram-like weapon, but wasn't entirely sure how to use it (I didn't realize I needed to "reload" it first; maybe enable auto-reloading for that one?).
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby CeeJay » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:02 pm

This... looks interesting.

EDIT: Awesome stuff. Really fun and incredible creative arsenal, can't wait to play some more of this. The offsets for the Mauser rifle seemed a little off, though and I have never been a fan of forced manual reloading, but that's more of a personal thing.

We certainly need more 3DGE mods of this caliber.

I have to ask, am I the only one experiencing "sliding casings" in the latest build of 3DGE?
CeeJay

Postby Coraline » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:03 pm

Yeah, its a bug with some of the new math code -- will be fixed in the next build. :)
Coraline
3DGE Developer

Postby chronoteeth » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:10 pm

ty very much for the feedback!

-Mauser offsets, is it too close to the dot? I wanted to line it up for the barrel to the crosshair, and its more of a long range rifle so I showed more of it

-Can do on making the whip's distance longer

-The Ammo counter stuff is often bugged from the PRIORITIES defined in the weapons. I can try ajusting it to different priorities, but most of the times it hasnt fixed this issue

-I can make the glaive have a sort of end counter to remind the player that it needs to be reloaded! Maybe a sound or some weird effects, nothing on screen though

-TBH I prefer non automatic reloading, but I can see about providing a dl link with a check reloads definition at the end of the weapons for those who prefer it

-The casing is more because I still reuse a lot of my old code for smaller/frivelous things. Its old modificed code from awhile ago. you may notice the blood code is still the same too. Its more a thing on my end to make new code, just doing those things tend to just be more of a chore for me, idk. Just a laziness thing! I can see if I can figure out the weird sliding casing thing tho
chronoteeth
abubub

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods