[HDest] The ZikShadow's HDest Addons Section

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [HDest] The ZikShadow's HDest Addons Section

Postby ZikShadow » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:40 am

DESCRIPTION :

These addons replaces weapon sprites, item sprites, and sounds in the "Hideous Destructor" mod with ones that are themed after Half-Life 2 and its episodes. These addons act as just simple asset replacements, and does not add new weapons or alter coding.

DOWNLOADS :

Sprites
Sounds

CREDITS :

Spoiler:
ZikShadow

Postby wisezombiekiller » Tue May 25, 2021 12:19 pm

Hey man, I had an idea. When you're done with your next weapon project, do you think you could do a set of weapons from/inspired by the doom movie?
wisezombiekiller

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby EddieMann » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:58 am

Or maybe Cry of Fear? I'd love to play with those guns in HDest.
EddieMann

Postby ZikShadow » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:05 am

wisezombiekiller wrote:Hey man, I had an idea. When you're done with your next weapon project, do you think you could do a set of weapons from/inspired by the doom movie?

EddieMann wrote:Or maybe Cry of Fear? I'd love to play with those guns in HDest.

Not enough weapons to fill HDest's roster, especially since it also has multiple scifi guns in the mix. Same for CoF. I wouldn't even know how to modelshot the revolver that has FIVE ROUNDS in it instead of 6.

Anyways, updated the D64 pack to add an expansion pack that includes things like props and more item pickups. Also included is an enemy reskin pack with TEXTURES used so that the original resolution could be kept without compromising detail for correct radius sizes (was a bit tricky to cobble up, SLADE wasn't being helpful at all in the process, needing to pick things one-by-one). Still a bit experimental, I haven't ran through a whole mapset with them yet, I'm sure that some hiccups might happen with those.
ZikShadow

Postby ZikShadow » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:54 am

[Deus Ex]

DESCRIPTION :

These addons replaces weapon sprites, item sprites, and sounds in the "Hideous Destructor" mod with ones that are themed after Deus Ex (and a little bit of Human Revolution). Same rules as above. Best combined with cyber_cool's JC Denton player skin.

DOWNLOADS :

Sprites
Sounds

CREDITS :

Sprites and Sounds
--------------------

Ion Storm
Eidos Montréal
ZikShadow

Postby ZaWarudo11 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:17 am

Hey man, I have a suggestion.
Can you at least consider a Vietnam set?
(with model rips from Heart of Evil for some visual variety with the hands)
ZaWarudo11

Postby ZikShadow » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:26 pm

No. A good chunk of them are already filled in with the PA set + Variant S and the M60 Vulc, anyways.
ZikShadow

Postby ZikShadow » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:23 am

Updated my Space pack after aeons of not doing anything to the thing. New things include proper revolver reskin replacement, boatload of item pickups, brightmaps for the whole lot, new sounds for the chainlightsaw, and also new key (both cards and skulls) reskins.
ZikShadow

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods