[HDest] The ZikShadow's HDest Addons Section

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZikShadow

Re: [HDest] The ZikShadow's HDest Addons Section

Post by ZikShadow »

They're like that due to how I reduce the size of the initial model shot. I could do a sharper look by using Nearest Neighbor, but it looks very rough and unsightly. Bicubic Automatic is a bit blurry, but overall looks smoother for me.

-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Hmm, yeah. I wish someone would release a proper D3 sprite pack, it's been awhile now that everyone just makes Doom 2016 stuff.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Sorry for the extra post, if you're looking for other set ideas, maybe an AVP or FEAR set? They both have pretty good weapon variety.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

The possibility of a new set depends on the availability of sprites or Goldsource models. Both FEAR and AVP does not have either, unfortunately.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

New HDest update, new addons update.

- All packs now have SMS frames done, should look less weird if you found a reflex sighted SMG in the wild or something.
- Now can be bothered to finish PA Variant S. Just like WW Variant A, you'd want to load in PA first before PA_S.
- Brought back something from the cutting room. The M60 with duct taped mags was supposed to be the Vulcanette replacement for PA's set, but was replaced to the M249 since a couple of people reminded me that it's not how it works. Decided to do it anyways today. You'll find the link in the PA section.

Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

The M60 looks kinda wrong being fed by mags rather than a belt but otherwise everything else looks great. Also, it’s funny how the staff for the magic pack is fitted with a reflex sight, like the wizard needs to be really accurate or something.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Minor update.

- Semi Lib sprites added. Modified firemode Libs to have visible notches.
- Modified FG42 in WW set. Removed the M203 for the Kampfpistole used on the STG.
- New addons: Musket and Golden Gun for Brontornis replacers. Not particularly part of any sets, so the links are put in the top main section.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. Major update. WW Hostiles is done.

WW Hostiles
Spoiler:
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

DESCRIPTION :

This addon replaces the weapons in the "Hideous Destructor" mod with new Aliens themed sprites and sounds, also comes with a small addon to replace the ninja pirate and babuin's sprites/sounds. No new coding is added, just simple asset replacements. Expect the weapons and enemies to handle as they were in vanilla HDest.

Hostiles

DOWNLOAD :

Guns
Silenced SMG
Hostiles

CREDITS :
Spoiler:
smigshot
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by smigshot »

this look's awesome :3: can someone make a full package of this mod that can provide a option of selection any of classes-weapon cases kinda like a final doomer+ where you can choose what weapons you can use (sorry for my poor language if any of this make sense to you i'm glad)
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

DESCRIPTION :

This addon replaces the weapons and items in the "Hideous Destructor" mod with new Counter Strike themed sprites and sounds. No new coding is added, just simple asset replacements. Expect the weapons and items to handle as they were in vanilla HDest.

USPS and MP5N Variant

DOWNLOAD :

Sounds
Sprites (might wanna load this last 'cause it has different chainsaw noises from the pure sound pack)

USP Silenced for Pistol
MP5 Navy for SMG

CREDITS :
Spoiler:
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

A quick thought, IMO you should've used Alien Isolation's Revolver for the Aliens-pack, especially considering that AI's revolver is in .357 Magnum (and .355 just being a futuristic .357 for use in a 9mm weapon)
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

The AI revolver is based off of both the Chiappa Rhino 50DS and Mateba Model 6 Unica. I couldn't rip the models out of the games (no clue how, even if I do I still couldn't do it anyways 'cause I don't own the game in the first place), so I did the next best thing which is to find the base gun, find a model of it, and then shoot that. Managed to find a Mateba Model 6 Unica model to shoot, RedRogueXIII's. The model itself was colored black so I had to do skin changes to fit the AI silver-ish look.

So in a way, I have indeed followed that very idea. Just not directly.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Perhaps there might be a chance for a Blood or Cry of Fear themed addons pack?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Nice, you were able to make an Aliens pack! I'll have to give it a try!
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

Are you interested in making a Duke Nukem themed skin pack?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”