Nature's Call [1.3] Now on Mod DB!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JimpArgon

Re: Nature's Call [1.0]

Post by JimpArgon »

ZioMcCall wrote:Ok,let's be serious:Download look broken...
Download link is not broken. I just tried it.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Zio, always read on screen what happens... :P

BTW this mini-mod has several conflicts / errors and needs a decent [wiki]MENUDEF[/wiki] for commands... otherwise they are not user-friendly.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Still don't work for me :/
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

And yeah,this mod have some confilcts.i was obligate to fix them by myself.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Conflicts? What sort of conflicts?
dljosef wrote:If you do decide to update it further, I figured there should be something about the vomiting, such as causing a vomit chain reaction.
Although this sounds amusing, it may not happen. The only way I could implement this would be to trigger a reaction depending on how low any nearby monster's health is to avoid gameplay imbalance. This would also be a very long process for me, considering I'm not particularly fast at anything, and that I have a full time job (I'm also working seven days a week, at the moment). It's not impossible, but it will most likely not see the light of day.
dljosef wrote:Edit: Found another bug. Apparently, cacodemons just drop dead after being pissed on, rarely triggering their throwing-up animation.
What version of GZDoom are you using? It works perfectly fine on my end. Could you give details?
Ozymandias81 wrote:BTW this mini-mod has several conflicts / errors
Could you be more specific, please?
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Best thing I've witnessed all year. I am still laughing right now
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Pompous Seed wrote:What version of GZDoom are you using? It works perfectly fine on my end. Could you give details?
Using g2.2pre-1958-G8F06299 for my current GZDoom build. Apparently, pissing on the cacodemons too much can cause them to drop into their normal death state via overkill for some reason, even though the vomit deaths work fine on everyone else.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

I installed the build you're using and killed over ten cacodemons by urination, yet it still works perfectly fine for me. When exactly does this happen? Does it occur when you repeatedly urinate on a single cacodemon even after it starts gagging? Is there any more information you can provide?
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

It may have something to do with killing him while he's already on the ground, and him going immediately into his Crash state. The DONTCORPSE flag is intended specifically for this issue.
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

After thoroughly playing this, I have pissed myself laughing... All jokiness aside, this needs to get SOME sort of prize in the Cacodemon Awards. I have not played such a funny WAD in a while.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

You flatter me, sir. Pleased to hear that you're enjoying it. :P
Ed the Bat wrote:It may have something to do with killing him while he's already on the ground, and him going immediately into his Crash state. The DONTCORPSE flag is intended specifically for this issue.
Huh, I hadn't thought of that. I uploaded a new version that hopefully resolves the issue. Thanks for the insight!
Last edited by MrJohnny on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

I guess this is a learning experience for all of us. We learned how Doom Guy relieves himself, and you learned how to make things click better!
Lime

Post by Lime »

Hilarious :ugeek: . Just what i'm looking for.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ed the Bat wrote:Fun fact: The root of this problem is all because of what the first error mentions -- two classes using the same name.
That was the cause of warnings before... It seems that download got updated properly now.
Works fine on gzdoom g2.2pre-1993-g0e5a3eb. Good work.
MrJohnny

Re: Nature's Call [1.1]

Post by MrJohnny »

Once upon a time, when Kinsie discovered how cool some of the newly implemented actor flags were, he exploited their coolness to the community in a certain project of his. I inevitably became swayed by their coolness.

So yeah - update! Credit to Kinsie for the flat sprite base concept and the ACS code.
Spoiler:
Last edited by MrJohnny on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”