MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p127)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: MetaDoom v2.11 "Olivia": HOTFIX US. (Hologram Sam... p63

Postby Kinsie » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:57 am

I'll be pushing out the current Git build as a big new release sometime next Tuesday. If you wanna go bug-hunting, feel free to grab the Github master and play a little early!
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: MetaDoom v3 "Samuel" (p65)

Postby Kinsie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:52 am

v3.0 "Samuel" (~23mb)
On Github: Source Repo | Pre-Release Test Builds

v3.0 "Samuel" (14/02/17)
========================
Time for another big helping of new content, vital bug fixes and unnecessary polish. There's even some ZScript, to bring this mod kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. I'm pretty proud of this one, all things considered.

- Added 2 new weapons (Grenade Launcher, Lightning Gun)
- Added 4 new enemies (Fiend, Former Assassin, Imp Lord, Bull Demon)
- Added 1 inventory item (Hologram)

- Redid a whole heap of sounds!
- Added new sounds and FX for corpses crushed by movers
- Added some of Capn J's sounds for Revenant
- Added a sound for when enemies are damaged by Siphon Grenades

- Fixed sprite scaling on Rocket Launcher spawns
- Fixed a bug with Cacodemon spawning logic causing Malwraths to appear early, and Wretcheds to probably not really show up at all. I'm good at this.
- Fixed Barons and Hell Knights damaging each other and infighting
- Fixed a bug where, when firing a Machinegun mini-rocket with exactly five bullets left, you'd spend the bullets and play the sound but not actually fire the projectile.
- Fixed a bug where trying to deselect weaponized Demon Dogs or Cerberuses would lock the player into an unarmed state.
- Fixed Unmaker altfire particle density being lower than intended
- Many bug-fixes and cosmetic improvements to the Axe's bleeding effect

- Keycards now have randomized, matching skins
- Chainsaw upthrust now does more damage and pushes enemies upwards
- Chainsaw altfire now does less damage - no more one-shotting Arachnotrons!
- Pistol firing animation can now be interrupted by meleeing
- Improved Cacodemon, Malwrath and Wretched death sequences
- Slightly increased points awarded for killing a Wretched
- Added a new sprite for the Radiation Suit

- Various under the hood improvements to the code, including the introduction of ZScript, better commenting and general tabbing clean-ups.
- Added an ENDOOM! This is important.

Optional Content:
- Scripted Marines now bleed when whacked with an Axe.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Re: MetaDoom v3.0 "Samuel" (p65)

Postby Gorec » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:44 pm

yay new version
Gorec

Postby Captain J » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Eeeey, at last it's here! Good work with the fixes and the monsters including Former Assassin! Well, except Assassin's tentacle projectile is not fitting. Would be nice if the color matches with his skin color. Besides that, it's g8!

Also i have been noticed that zombieman and shotgun guy replacements are still have original vanilla fire sound effects, unlike the chaingun guy replacement. Are you going to fix that?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:32 pm

I am disappointed to see you have not fixed the issue of custom monsters shooting from the waist rather than from their respective weapon. It is even clearly visible in the newest trailer!

That aside, I am looking forward PSXDoom compatibility!

Out of curiosity, why did you use Trent Reznor's alpha sounds for the Former Assassin rather than the vanilla D3 ones?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby ZikShadow » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:35 pm

The Unmaker's sprite seems to be a bit off when I use the secondary on it.

ZikShadow

Postby Zhs2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:06 pm

I'm not going to lie - seeing that the Chainsaw's altfire was nerfed saddens me greatly. A friend and I played about half of a DUMP ripoff with MetaDoom and found the Chainsaw to be a godsend in shitty maps with limited ammo, especially when most other weapons you actually do have ammo for feel like plinky dinky. You'd still get murdered in melee range, but you'd still make decent progress! That's what I call risk and reward!
Zhs2
Power of meh.

Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Nems » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:39 pm

*Sees PSXDoom compatibility in the video*

Do want! :Q
Nems
"small monster loops"

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby CuppaBro » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:08 am

Quick question about the content randomization algorithm--maps completed and all that--with Content Locust mode off. Is it tracked via the inventory, or some other variable? I ask this because of mapsets that reset your inventory to a pistol start (DUMP series, Joy Of Mapping).
CuppaBro

Postby Kinsie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:13 am

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I am disappointed to see you have not fixed the issue of custom monsters shooting from the waist rather than from their respective weapon. It is even clearly visible in the newest trailer!
I'd like to avoid situations where an enemy can't hit you but keeps trying because there's a wall to its right. It doesn't quite look right, but it works better and is barely noticeable in actual gameplay.

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Out of curiosity, why did you use Trent Reznor's alpha sounds for the Former Assassin rather than the vanilla D3 ones?
Because they're better. :)

ZikShadow wrote:The Unmaker's sprite seems to be a bit off when I use the secondary on it.

This is a known issue with the Unmaker shaking effect in fullscreen mode. It's not exactly a pressing issue, but I'm sure I'll get around to fixing it eventually.

Zhs2 wrote:I'm not going to lie - seeing that the Chainsaw's altfire was nerfed saddens me greatly. A friend and I played about half of a DUMP ripoff with MetaDoom and found the Chainsaw to be a godsend in shitty maps with limited ammo, especially when most other weapons you actually do have ammo for feel like plinky dinky. You'd still get murdered in melee range, but you'd still make decent progress! That's what I call risk and reward!
I know, I know, but having a weapon that could one-hit-kill Mancubuses for free didn't seem like a good idea...

CuppaBro wrote:Quick question about the content randomization algorithm--maps completed and all that--with Content Locust mode off. Is it tracked via the inventory, or some other variable? I ask this because of mapsets that reset your inventory to a pistol start (DUMP series, Joy Of Mapping).
It's tracked via an ACS variable that's incremented by 1 when a player enters the map. This has the (entirely intentional) side effect of nastier things popping up sooner in co-op (Diablo's minions grow stronger!)
Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby Captain J » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:30 am

Kinsie wrote:
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Out of curiosity, why did you use Trent Reznor's alpha sounds for the Former Assassin rather than the vanilla D3 ones?
Because they're better. :)
Although it sounds loud and powerful than the silent and threatening D3 one that assassins would sound like!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby SiFi270 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:38 am

The only problem I see with using the alpha commando sounds is having to put up with the "hey you took this from project bluto or another bluto-type mod because that's where i saw it first so it can't have been in anything else before that" crowd. And if you are indeed willing to put up with that crowd, then more power to you, you're braver than I'd be if I were in the modding business.
SiFi270

Postby comet1337 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:01 am

that lightning gun is looking good
comet1337

Postby AdmiralAjax » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:16 pm

The inventory items seem to not work, giving me a 'you don't have any grenades' message on any of them. This is probably from using a dev version, but I'm not going to install a stable version for just one mod.
AdmiralAjax
DISQUALIFIED

Postby Kinsie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:31 pm

AdmiralAjax wrote:The inventory items seem to not work, giving me a 'you don't have any grenades' message on any of them. This is probably from using a dev version, but I'm not going to install a stable version for just one mod.
Update your devbuild. Inventory handling was busted for a little while near the end of January.
Kinsie
Dog Days

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods