Page 6 of 117

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:51 pm
by Princess Viscra Maelstrom
number pad means bugger all if there are 4 shotgun weapons occupying slot 3 and you have to press it that many times to get to the one you need. which is what's going to happen if a redundant amount of shotguns would be in the mod. switching between them all is going to take time, which is something you don't really want when you're in a heated firefight and need the right tool to dispatch your enemies.

there's no need for this petty hostility over quite frankly trifle manners. it's already confirmed that there's not going to be redundant weaponry with similar functionality in this mod, and it's not even out yet. you demand not to be corrected on your opinions, yet you do the very same to others that are challenging your points. i suggest you stop acting this way, as it's generally frowned upon to act like a passive-aggressive jerk to everyone else. not just here, but pretty much everywhere.

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:54 pm
by wildweasel
...Yeah, Jimp, I feel like it might be worth stepping away from the forums for a bit, if you feel like people are doing you wrong.

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:02 pm
by JimpArgon
Viscra Maelstrom wrote: i suggest you stop acting this way, as it's generally frowned upon to act like a passive-aggressive jerk to everyone else. not just here, but pretty much everywhere.


This is coming from a guy who told someone to fuck off over smiley faces. You are in no position to be tone policing me.

I was defending my opinion. Not trying to get Kinsie to implement more weapons into his mod.

wildweasel wrote:...Yeah, Jimp, I feel like it might be worth stepping away from the forums for a bit, if you feel like people are doing you wrong.


How do I feel like people are doing me wrong? :| Again, I was only responding to those who would think to "correct" me in my opinion. And if you looked at my posts. You would see I am not TRYING to suggest Kinsie do anything. I mentioned it ONCE and I get responses about how my opinion is pissing other people off. Like more guns = less fun and what not.

I do not believe I have broken any rules. But regardless, I am not trying to derail this thread any more then it has already. I will respond though if responded too.

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:06 pm
by wildweasel
How do I feel like people are doing me wrong? :|

I'll let one of your own quotes answer that for you:
JimpArgon wrote:This is coming from a guy who told someone to fuck off over smiley faces. You are in no position to be tone policing me.

It looks to me like some kind of persecution complex. If you have a problem with someone, you probably shouldn't try to respond with more of the same of what you say they're doing to you. Whether you feel attacked or offended or that people are trying to put words in your mouth, please don't fight fire with fire.

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:11 pm
by Princess Viscra Maelstrom
that was all due to a misunderstanding on my part. i was never outraged by any smiley faces, no one got hurt, and it all ended in a civil manner. you're comparing me having a outrage one time to you acting like a passive-aggressive jerk to people challenging your opinions. if you're going to judge my entire being over a thing like that, then i might as well assume you're really just a passive-aggressive jerk at all times. i think i speak for myself when i say that i don't act like an asshole and tell people to fuck off at all times on here.

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:18 pm
by chronoteeth
perhaps theres something that can work as a slight work around

pressing a key will bring up that weapons group
for example, lets use key 2 for pistols

tapping it switches the weapon, but holding it for a couple seconds brings up a ring (i'd think say akin or similar to the guncaster mod), and whilst holding the game stops, allowing you to click between the 4 [?] pistols you have. after choosing a weapon (lets say you switch from doom 1's pistol to doom 4's pistol), every time you tap that weapon key it'll always switch to that pistol, until you hold, click another type, and then release

that would allow you to hold all the weapons and types, but also let the key be free so you can quick tap it still to do a quick switch, or use the mouse wheel

speaking of stuff to help differentiate between doom 1 and 2, you can do stuff like use the really old doom alpha stuff and the original screenshots that romero used for editing the weapon so you can have doom 1 be akin to that. just a thought!

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:20 pm
by wildweasel
That'd be awesome if we could access the weapon slot keys at all (they're not read directly by the game; they're an interface abstraction that just pipes the requisite "use [weaponname]" commands). The alternative, I suppose, is doing what Combine_Kegan's Blastmaster mod did and totally redefine the weapon slot keys from scratch, but that's just throwing more work at the player to get the mod to function, and isn't exactly the most elegant way to do it.

But then, considering that each MetaDoom weapon is supposed to be all versions of the gun at once, perhaps this idea needs its own mod and its own project thread.

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:21 pm
by rabid marine
what's this? Kinsie making another mod? hang on while i change my pants.

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:31 pm
by Dr_Cosmobyte
I believe this started because i got out of my mind making comparisons. I hope you didn't got personally offended, Jimp.

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:33 pm
by JimpArgon
GAA1992 wrote:I hope you didn't got personally offended, Jimp.


You didn't sir. Its water under the bridge. :3:

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:53 pm
by Captain J
chronoteeth wrote:pressing a key will bring up that weapons group
for example, lets use key 2 for pistols

tapping it switches the weapon, but holding it for a couple seconds brings up a ring (i'd think say akin or similar to the guncaster mod), and whilst holding the game stops, allowing you to click between the 4 [?] pistols you have. after choosing a weapon (lets say you switch from doom 1's pistol to doom 4's pistol), every time you tap that weapon key it'll always switch to that pistol, until you hold, click another type, and then release

that would allow you to hold all the weapons and types, but also let the key be free so you can quick tap it still to do a quick switch, or use the mouse wheel
brilliant idea, chrono. But i'm not a big fan of weapon ring. In games or mods, seen it often. Maybe a bar showing up at the HUD or other sides of the screen would work?

Then we should wait kinsie for confirming the ideas!

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:04 pm
by Kinsie
OKAY BUT WHAT IF THERE WERE 500 WEAPONS AND YOU HAD TO PRESS SEVEN KEYS IN THE MIDDLE OF A FRANTIC GUNFIGHT TO CHANGE THEM AND ALSO THE MOD WAS CALLED AEONS OF DEATH AND AND AND AND

Weapons are handled exactly as they are described in the OP.

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:14 pm
by Captain J
AND aeons have weapon limits. You can turn it off or on whatever you like! ...M'kay, they sounds like will not work, actually.

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:14 am
by chronoteeth
Kinsie wrote:OKAY BUT WHAT IF THERE WERE 500 WEAPONS AND YOU HAD TO PRESS SEVEN KEYS IN THE MIDDLE OF A FRANTIC GUNFIGHT TO CHANGE THEM AND ALSO THE MOD WAS CALLED AEONS OF DEATH AND AND AND AND

Weapons are handled exactly as they are described in the OP.


apologies if it came off as brash, it just seemed like it was a problem you were having from previous posts, so it was just merely an idea suggestion, nothing of to demand! tho I do admit the baseless yelling was uncalled for.

either way the mod does look better and better! keep it up

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:47 am
by Truvix
Something else that just suddenly came to mind while I was messing around, how is the unmaker going to be handled? Are we going to see a return of the demon key upgrade mechanism, or is just going to found far later into the game at full power? The main reason I'm asking this is because I don't know how exactly you would go about implementing them, since the keys are found in secret levels.